Wed 20:30-21:30 UK Time - CLOSED - Suspended until further noticePS4 

I just have posted in the bugs thread - does anybody had similar issues?

Had another bad experience yesterday. We are racing in league with default setup. Yesterday I did some offline practice, than entered practice lobby - track was a bit slippery (maybe due to Livetrack), but I get used to that and managed about the same lap times as it was in offline mode, than returned to pits. When I came back to track again, fuel tank was full (known issue) and gears were much shorter - almost in every corner I needed to use upper gear than it was before returning to pits. Hmmm - same session, default setup and different gear ratios after pits? It wasn't very big problem, I had 30 min. so adjusted my driving to these changes and actually did better laps in the end. Right after that we moved to race lobby with the same settings and in qually (we don't use practice) I noticed my car had long gears again, so half of qually I spend "practicing" again. How it could be - same car/track/room settings, default setup, but gears are different (and changes in the same session after returning to pits).
I love PC2, but things like this is very annoying.

I took my own advise and went for consistency and didn't push the car to hard. Seemed to work. It also helped that other drivers were having off track moments.
I was even leading the race for a lap. Okay that was because of the pit stops but it felt good while it lasted. :dopey:

Not sure what happened at the start of the formation lap @richroo. I was dropped in with my car moving very slowly resulting in you hitting me up the rear. I was trying to accelerate but the BMW is a bit long geared. Hopefully you didn't get too much damage, although your car did launch itself in the air! We had a good race after that.

A formation lap should really begin with the cars stationary but other than that they seem to be working fairly well.

@Don Mejillone I suppose spraying yourself in the eye took your mind off the shoulder pain. So it worked. :P
You are absolutely right ! :lol:

I just have posted in the bugs thread - does anybody had similar issues?

Had another bad experience yesterday. We are racing in league with default setup. Yesterday I did some offline practice, than entered practice lobby - track was a bit slippery (maybe due to Livetrack), but I get used to that and managed about the same lap times as it was in offline mode, than returned to pits. When I came back to track again, fuel tank was full (known issue) and gears were much shorter - almost in every corner I needed to use upper gear than it was before returning to pits. Hmmm - same session, default setup and different gear ratios after pits? It wasn't very big problem, I had 30 min. so adjusted my driving to these changes and actually did better laps in the end. Right after that we moved to race lobby with the same settings and in qually (we don't use practice) I noticed my car had long gears again, so half of qually I spend "practicing" again. How it could be - same car/track/room settings, default setup, but gears are different (and changes in the same session after returning to pits).
I love PC2, but things like this is very annoying.
That's really strange, I don't think I ever experienced this

@Napalm_LT Since the latest update it's possible to change the SMS provided setups via the setting menu. I did notice that when I entered Sicks race on Wednesday my setting said default, not loose or stable. Later it had changed to stable - which I'd been using.

Perhaps now it doesn't automatically select your settings of choice, maybe you have to select them yourself before going to track. Also perhaps your visit to to pits triggered the change from "default" to loose or stable. It needs testing.

Last edited:
My settings were on stable, when went in too Sicks room, could have been same in practice. So changed them back to loose.:)

Start was great getting penalty after penalty (pushed the pedal then had to slam brake on ) getting 7 damage on front .
have brake problem to add more headache ,pot dirty only cleaned recently but need new tin of cleaner..
That said i had fun race and from my qualify to finish position i'm ok .
Great laps with 'if' ,i was fighting to keep up with damage before pit then made mistakes when i got close enough to pass ,well defended too.
Lost a place to penaltys !@##$$

getting 7 damage on front .
Funnily I think I got 7 damage to the rear. It shared it out evenly. :)

Lost a place to penaltys !@##$$
Trying to keep 9 seconds ahead of a charging @jammy21 proved too much of a challenge. I was watching him closing in on us!

The penalties while at times are useful at other times can be a bit rubbish. On Monday I'd unavoidably clipped a spun car and was then told to give the place back which lost me 3 places! And how are you supposed to slow down when there are cars behind you? They don't know why you might suddenly loose speed, it can make the situation worse. Rant over. :irked:

MP-71H_X9QXAAAYWE_.jpeg
MP-7165X9QXAAAYWE_.jpeg
MP-71JDY9QXAAAYWE_.jpeg
MP-719GY9QXAAAYWE_.jpeg
Project CARS 2_20180420111107.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180420111247.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180420111744.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180420112417.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180420112652.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180420113135.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180420113944.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180420114251.jpg

Hello @Sick Cylinder,
Both bichu_mau and keiros_7 are available and willing to race tomorrow if it's ok

Yes - that will be very good. Bichu Mau = Corvette number 4 and Kerios = Ford GT number 69 (that should now fill the room so I will delete the vacancy notice).

Note: Race distance = 20 Laps

Pit window = from Lap 7 to Lap 14

Single file formation lap - no overtaking until after the start line

Good Luck Everyone!

PS - I was just about to do a little practise before leaving for work, but there is a PS4 update of 0.5 GB (it says 11 minutes) so people will need to switch on their consoles well before the race tonight.

Below Points Table (this is also shown on page 1 of the thread)
GTE Round 3 Road America.jpg

there is a PS4 update of 0.5 GB
I think it's an update of an update. It doesn't even have to reboot itself.

My wonky lower back went twang yesterday morning and has been giving me some grief ever since. I've been resting it as much as possible so I'm hoping to be able to race this evening. If I don't make it or if I stop mid race that'll be most probably the reason. Do I get extra points for racing while in pain? :)

My wonky lower back went twang yesterday morning and has been giving me some grief ever since. I've been resting it as much as possible so I'm hoping to be able to race this evening. If I don't make it or if I stop mid race that'll be most probably the reason. Do I get extra points for racing while in pain? :)

If you do stop mid-race, please stop the car to one side ;)

I think the pain got the best of you. Good result. Congrats.

Championship Points (Also shown on Page 1)
GTE Round 4 Laguna Seca.jpg

Above: The individual championship is between Friday and Tavilha. Jammy is currently an excellent third and is promoted to Pro.

The Team championship looks like it will go to Europe, unless USA can dig very deep with top results across the board next week.

A bit late again, here my side of the story.
I had a slow down in lap 2 and caused a bit of a pile up that caught @Tavilha off guard, the lap after that @IBZ6L20VT made a mistake.
But had to push like a mad man to keep @jammy21 from the win. Great pace mate!

@Sick Cylinder : Was thinking of a USA vs EU showdown at Le Mans something like the 24 laps of Le Mans, is that something you want to do ?

Qualy :

Race :

Replay :

@Sick Cylinder : Was thinking of a USA vs EU showdown at Le Mans something like the 24 laps of Le Mans, is that something you want to do?[/MEDIA]

That is a good idea! We will be having some rounds at Le Mans in upcoming series.

The Team concept seems to have worked well so we will use that idea again. The next series is for Australian V8 Supercars (Ford Falcon). The teams will be Australia v New Zealand - I will announce them after the next round. Membership will be based on the current teams, but may be adjusted for greater closeness.

Hi Hammy Sick will let you know, if theirs room. We are currently doing America vs Europe, we are allocated the cars, drive.

Ok John thanks, and i'll await news from Sick! Cheers! ;)

Hi Hammy - thanks for your interest in the series. Unfortunately the Wednesday series is currently full, but we have one space available in the Monday series. Next Monday we start 7 rounds in the Lotus 49 (without wing) in our recreation of the 1968 Tasman Series (won by Jim Clark).

I would love to have you join us on Monday's if you are available!

Back