What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,262 comments
Can never drink from a can unless out in the park or at a picnic - at home it must be in a glass. A can ruins the taste.
Somehow - IMO - canned beer never tastes as good as the stuff in a bottle. The darker the bottle the better. :lol:

When I went on the tour a few years ago (I recommend it, as it's free, and the location in the Distillery District is fantastic anyway), they swore that can/bottle/draught doesn't change the flavour at all, that it's all in our heads. I still refuse to believe that, of course.

I recognize KD anywhere... unless that's a knock-off brand!

I love me some Mill St. Organic, great stuff. Another beer I love for the same sort of reason (easy drinking, good flavour, not heavy) is Wellington Arkell Best Bitter, Ontario brewery and it comes in a blue can. Give it a try!

As for me I'm eating some leftover chili mixed with rice and chopped up hot dogs. Turned out to be too much rice so the chili is pretty diluted but oh well.

I had a bad experience with a lot of pints of the darker Welly two St. Patrick's Days ago. The Arkell is surprisingly thin on the ground here, but thanks to the LCBO app (so handy), I've found a location near my old work that carries it. Will grab it next time I'm by there.

The other Chef's Plate meal is a pulled pork posole that is fantastic. Searing the tomatillos in oil and a squirt of lime juice near the end turns them into delicious, gooey bites of adult candy:

image.jpeg

Rich tea biscuits. A whole pack. I discovered they're 5g of carbs per biscuit so I thought eating a whole pack will help with bulking up. I'm a bit full now. Time for some orange juice.

Rich tea biscuits. A whole pack. I discovered they're 5g of carbs per biscuit so I thought eating a whole pack will help with bulking up. I'm a bit full now. Time for some orange juice.
Not worried about expansion? :lol:

Well, I finally opened the Jefferson Reserve Bourbon, it really doesn't live up to it's hype. Another bottle that will linger in the cabinet for a long time. Of course since I only drink the hard stuff once or twice a month most stuff lingers. Can't really put a finger on why I don't like it, might be the follow, almost black licorice hints. Nose is kind of stuffy so maybe I should try again some other evening. I hate opening a bottle, & finding out I don't enjoy it. Guess I could hand it off, shame to see a $50+ a bottle bourbon mixed with soda... Of course it could be I just have cheap tastes.

Eating: Bowl of spicy mashed potatoes with cheese/tomato sauce and a klobasa (east Europe sausage).

Drinking: Cuppa tea. However I was very naughty and added sugar to a tea for the first time in 3 years.

To me adding sugar to a tea is the same as adding ice to a good scotch. Although it might taste better, it's ruining the experience. More so, why would you add sugar to water unless you're nervous?

Why did I do this to myself?

Just ate a honey bun, half of a double decker oatmeal creampie, a bag of chips and a can of Pringles.

I haven't had food all day, so I'm over my daily calorie intake, but man, this is bad for me.

It was good.

TB
henry123.jpg

I'm sure orange flavored beer with cane sugar is sacrilege to some. Good. More of this tasty drink for me.
Is it good? I just saw a commercial for it last night, was thinking about picking it up, I could down this stuff if it tasted like fanta or something!:cheers::lol:

Is it good? I just saw a commercial for it last night, was thinking about picking it up, I could down this stuff if it tasted like fanta or something!:cheers::lol:
It's not nearly that sweet but it does go down a lot smoother than any other beer I've had. Which if you've been keeping score at home, you'd know is a big deal as I truly can't stand the taste of almost everything out there as it's too bitter for my palate. Damn hops.

And yes, I mostly bought it because of the commercials. :lol:

TB
It's not nearly that sweet but it does go down a lot smoother than any other beer I've had. Which if you've been keeping score at home, you'd know is a big deal as I truly can't stand the taste of almost everything out there as it's too bitter for my palate. Damn hops.

And yes, I mostly bought it because of the commercials. :lol:

Lmao, I love when he leaves, and then goes back to put it on a coaster. I like Bud light, Budweiser, and a few others. But I'm up for this.

Another Wednesday night. Another craft beer night. I went back to MY second favorite beer in the world.
Pours a beautiful orange color.
It leaves about 1 inch of fluffy white head that dissipates slowly but does not leave a noticeable lacing on the glass.
Mouth feel is crisp and instant. Like you just bit a grapefruit and papaya at the same time. Sweet and zesty.
Taste is fabulous. Tropical flavors with just the right amount of bite.
Buy it. Drink it if you can. It is a world class beer.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 11
9 pack of crumpets soaked in butter aka a heart attack.

I did want to take a picture but the finger grease was uncontrollable.

I also drank some fresh orange juice to counter the fat of the butter with sugar.

9 pack of crumpets soaked in butter aka a heart attack.

I did want to take a picture but the finger grease was uncontrollable.

I also drank some fresh orange juice to counter the fat of the butter with sugar.
The acidity would break down some of that fat. You're good.👍

TB
henry123.jpg

I'm sure orange flavored beer with cane sugar is sacrilege to some. Good. More of this tasty drink for me.
I really like orange juice and orange flavored drinks. That looks awesome. 👍

For lunch I had a double layered quesadilla. I know I spelled that wrong. :confused:

I made it with 3 tortillas which were disgusting. But I got through it.

Breakfast was 2 buttery hash browns.

I seem to be adding Worcester sauce to most thing I cook for myself at the moment.

Mashed potato? Worcester sauce gives it a lovely kick.
Pasta? Worcester sauce mixes with tomato & mascarpone very well.
Cheese on toast? Oh, you better believe that's got Worcester sauce on it.

Back