What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,273 comments
The acidity would break down some of that fat. You're good.đź‘Ť

That's good. I wasn't sure if that was the case.

Today I had my first McDonald's milkshake in probably 20 years. I was lovely and gave me a lovely sugar kick for my journey.

20160227_174943.jpg

Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cocktail

Or as my wife called it, the first drink I've made that she actually likes. :lol:

I don't believe Henry's Hard is made with hops at all--nor malts for that matter--so I'd be hard-pressed (no pun intended) to call it a beer. Their ginger ale is downright decent, but milder in ginger flavor (like an alcoholic Canada Dry) than other alcoholic ginger beers so if you like that bite, you're out of luck. I haven't had the orange yet, but I'd really like to see them crank out a fake grape [flavor] drink.

Wednesday night I made tuna croquettes in my air fryer. They came out very crisp on the outside and delicious on the inside. I cut three into halves and put them on toasted wheat bread with some tartar sauce.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thursday night I made balsamic braised chicken. I'd been working on it for a while and I think I got it just right. It even reheats for leftovers well.

image.jpeg

Tonight, we went out to a Japanese grill and sushi place where I had a grilled squid and tako (octopus) sashimi.

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_20160228_173721.jpg

I'm making broccoli soup. From left to right.
Orange paprika, potatoes, onions, garlic and broccoli.

Throw it all in one pot, boil till done, add salt and spices. Use a blender to cut it all up and turn it into a thick soup.

Tasty.

Be careful when you say yes to the question "Dad, can I make this recipe?" when you're not really paying attention:

20160228_205648.jpg

Butter plus entirely too much powered sugar plus entirely too much peanut butter plus peanut butter chips plus chocolate chips mixed then frozen then rolled in melted chocolate chips and/or white chocolate chips.

The "filling" tastes exactly like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, only crunchy because of the chunky peanut butter and the chips. :drool:

The kid's trying to kill me. And I'm letting him.

I made similar delightful treats last night although I used crushed biscuit, condensed milk and coco powder to make mine.

TB
Be careful when you say yes to the question "Dad, can I make this recipe?" when you're not really paying attention:

View attachment 519884

Butter plus entirely too much powered sugar plus entirely too much peanut butter plus peanut butter chips plus chocolate chips mixed then frozen then rolled in melted chocolate chips and/or white chocolate chips.

The "filling" tastes exactly like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, only crunchy because of the chunky peanut butter and the chips. :drool:

The kid's trying to kill me. And I'm letting him.
That. Looks. Amazing.

Lunch was a turkey bacon ranch wrap, potato chips, and a couple Nature's Bakery bars I got as freebies down in Daytona, which were actually pretty good.

I wish I liked the taste of healthy food. It looks so pretty too.

I am drinking an orange flavored Crush. I get them twice a week. All the other days are water.

I wish I liked the taste of healthy food. It looks so pretty too.

I'm not sure I follow this statement. Junk food tastes great, but so can other food that isn't junk but isn't all veg and low fat stuff. What kind of foods do you mean by "healthy"?

I'm not sure I follow this statement. Junk food tastes great, but so can other food that isn't junk but isn't all veg and low fat stuff. What kind of foods do you mean by "healthy"?
Mostly vegetables. I really struggle with onions, peppers, broccoli, lettuce and cabbage. Tomatoes too, what ever those are actually classified as. :P

Eating salad is very difficult, especially since I do not salad dressing.

I do like corn though. In fact I really like corn. And I also like celery, but I love it caked with peanut butter.

Most of my family wants onions in EVERYTHING. And of course, I am the kid in the corner like "Yeah.. it taste good :yuck:" I really hate being this person. Especially around Holidays where you eat as a family and you have a plate with 2 things on it.

I do enjoy some fruit, so that is not too much of a problem. Problem fruits for me would be honey dew and cantaloupe.

Overall, my pallet just really annoys me. I am 18 years old, and it makes me really mad that I still eat like a 9 year old. It probably drives my family crazy too. Only immediate family understand, so eating for Thanksgiving is basically just time to suffer in silence.

Sorry for the rant. :P

Sorry for the rant. :P

No worries. I'm the same. I don't like veg, I've tried to eat them in the past and I just can't.

Not liking veg doesn't mean a diet has to be unhealthy. I don't even really enjoy eating but I liken it to fuelling a vehicle; crap goes in - engine runs poorly, good stuff goes in - engine runs well and lasts longer.

Knowing about the amount of carbs and sugars, proteins and vitamins, fats and all that which is in the food you eat means it's easy to avoid what some may consider healthy food and still actually be eating healthily, just without the rabbit food.

"Healthy" food can vary from person to person depending on metabolism and lifestyle. As a slim, active fellow with a high metabolic rate I burn through more calories than most my age so eating 'junk' like a grilled cheese and salami sandwich with pure* ingredients isn't going to cause me any major problems as long as I don't eat one for every meal, every day.

I personally have a deep hatred of tomatoes.

*When I say "pure" I mean food without loads of additives and synthetic crap in it.

I just got a delicious 18 inch pizza for just over ÂŁ10.

Yes you read that right. 1 and a half footlong subways wide. Obviously not all for me.

Mmmm, just had a delicious blueberry pop tart and a big ol can of orange kick-start, only because Arizona RX energy was out at the shoppette here at work.

This beer won gold at the Great American Beer Fest 2015
I am struggling to understand how.
Appearance: pours burnt orange to copper. Leaves 2 fingers of fluffy white head with large bubbles. No noticeable lacing on the glass.
Smell: it smells like a copper penny you've held in your hand for an hour. No hop or citrus notes anywhere.
Taste: this is where it really goes down hill. It tastes just like it smells. It tastes like a very bitter penny. just awful.
I'd give this a 1.1 out of 5. I'm baffled at how this actually won an award.
image.jpeg

Back