What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,318 comments
Home made Lentil soup.

Sweet potatoes, mixed salade, chia seeds, wheatgerm raw, nutrional yeast, egg yolk free mayonaise, left over coconut/curry sauce, mushrooms

So Shake Shack opened up a location here in Southern California. So I ventured out to that weird town called West Hollywood to see what the hype was all about. Gotta say it's better then In-n-Out but also pricier

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

From Monday night in NOTL. We told the hotel that our anniversary was coming up (April Fools, really), and this was what we got in return. The beef medallions are on a pancetta and brussel sprout chowder, and the chocolate mousse sits on raspberry coulis. I can't remember which red wine I got, other than it was obviously a local one.

That trip was a Christmas gift from one set of parents. Another pair got us a night at Sassafraz, a fancy restaurant in Yorkville. I was impressed by how big the place is, considering the small front it has on the sidewalk. Food was equally impressive:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Lobster bites as an appetizer, salmon tacos for the main, and a roasted cherry cheesecake for dessert. Surprisingly, all more filling than expected, considering how they look. Had a bottle of Chateau du Trignon rosé, easily our favourite rosé wine.

Typical Easter feast:

Pierogis (potato/cheese, potato/onion, sauerkraut/mushroom), kielbasa (smoked & fresh), ham, hard boiled eggs, rye bread/butter, poppyseed bread.

Easter feast: Prime rib, honey glazed ham, deviled eggs, coleslaw, potato salad, cream of asparagus soup, and fudge brownies. Nom nom nom!

Dang! That's what was missing at todays dinner. Deviled eggs! Man, I friggin' love those things. I haven't had them since Christmas. I ate 36 halves at that sitting. I have a problem. I know.:dopey:

We are having a small ham, green bean casserole, mashed taters and garlic dinner rolls for our Easter dinner. Key lime pie for dessert.

Wasn't very hungry after the Easterbrunchthatturnedintoalatelunch so dinner was a sleeve of spicy peanuts and some Oreos.

TB
How can you eat those vile things? :crazy:

I'm guessing he either has no taste buds or wants diabeetus for some reason.

As for me, I had some leftover Calico beans (are they really leftovers if they're eaten on the same day?).

Back