What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,307 comments
Haven't gone to Applebee's in a while after I was pretty disappointed to learn that they had removed my favorite Cowboy Burger from the menu. I've had other stuff, but the quality has felt like it was going downhill for some time. Until recently, my brother and I were struggling to think of a place to go to for dinner after work. Tried their new Whisky Bacon Burger and can say I was pretty impressed. Kind of makes up for the Cowboy Burger.
019763_05_hero_579x441px_fdent0534_all_in_fireball_whiskey_bacon_burger.ashx

Grabbed this photo off of Applebee's site since I don't care to take pictures of my food.

On a side note, I have a big recommendation for anyone in Nashville, Tennessee. I highly recommend going to The Pharmacy in Nashville and getting their Farm Burger. I had never had eggs with a burger before, but I can say this has to be the best one I've ever had. Hard for me to really describe it, but highly recommended. Visited Nashville last fall during a road trip and decided to try it out. Glad I did!
Pharmacy-Farm-.jpg

Couldn't manage a triple Big Mac so I opted for a double. Still isn't going to our balance to amount of beer I've drank but it might help.

IMG_0350.JPG

I think I'm going to have pizza for lunch. It's basically a margherita but with 4 different cheeses. I like cheeese. :P

IMG_20170619_215101.jpg

Got this as a freebie after a company meeting (yes, I work at Wegman's). It's one of the products under Wegman's "Food You Feel Good About" program - all Wegman's branded stuff was/is being reformulated so it's made without artificial ingredients and junk like that.

It's actually quite good and I typically hate energy drinks. Only ten ingredients as well.

Today I made a Bubba Burger with fries.

I don't know what it is about Bubba Burgers, but they are the best burgers that I have ever cooked. I have tried cooking 73/27 beef and 80/20 beef, and I cannot cook a burger as good as these frozen burgers.

Here is the full list of ingredients.

Ingredients: 100% USDA Choice Chuck

I think it has something to do with the way they are pattied.
DSC00443.jpg

You cook these from frozen. Once blood starts seeping up through those holes, you flip.

My Bubba Burger today was their Sweet Onion flavor. Here is the full list of ingredients.

Ingredients: USDA Beef Chuck and Sweet Onions
CAM00472_zpsqahkjopn.jpg

You can't really see the meat, but it is a 1/3 pound (151 gram) patty. Gotta have plenty of cheese on my burgers.

Dinner: Whole boiled Salmon head garnished with sautéed Garlic Hearts. Chopped Liver with shallots. Brown Rice. Mill Street Organic to wash it down.

Followed it with a Rusty Nail and a visit to GTPlanet as dessert.

Today I made a Bubba Burger with fries.

I don't know what it is about Bubba Burgers, but they are the best burgers that I have ever cooked. I have tried cooking 73/27 beef and 80/20 beef, and I cannot cook a burger as good as these frozen burgers.

Here is the full list of ingredients.

Ingredients: 100% USDA Choice Chuck

I think it has something to do with the way they are pattied.
DSC00443.jpg

You cook these from frozen. Once blood starts seeping up through those holes, you flip.

My Bubba Burger today was their Sweet Onion flavor. Here is the full list of ingredients.

Ingredients: USDA Beef Chuck and Sweet Onions
CAM00472_zpsqahkjopn.jpg

You can't really see the meat, but it is a 1/3 pound (151 gram) patty. Gotta have plenty of cheese on my burgers.

Ive had reasonable success with 80/20 beef but something a little fattier works better for flavour and texture. A little salt and pepper is all it needs.

If we're mentioning YouTube channels for good burgers then BBQ Pit Boys need a shout.

Back