What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,315 comments
They're teamed up with one of the major petrol companies here so at most stations they have a sizeable 7/11, but I don't think they operate the fuel business themselves.
That's how most are here too, BP is what all but two of them in my area sell.

In other news, I had a heart attack err.. Monte Cristo and fries for dinner at work tonight
Screenshot_2017-05-17-21-57-34-1.png

Last edited:
View attachment 648276 Shrimp and vegetable stir fry 👍

Nothing odd. Just wondering if you had it just plain by itself or cooked a specific way :dopey:
Oh, because you used the :odd: smiley, I thought there was something strange about calling it purple cabbage.

It's simple, cutting the purple cabbage in pieces, cook them with apples and some sugar. In my case, I'd use coconut blossom sugar. It has a very low GI.

I just ate a purple sweet potato that the in-laws gave me. It was raw and had very little flavour but crunched like an apple. I probably would have liked it if it was roasted.

Just got back from the grocery store with a midnight snack of a diet Dr.Pepper and a pint of Mediterranean Mint Talenti ice cream. Ohhh yea. Only 230 calories in each serving, for per container. Hell, I'll eat half of it!

IMG_0668.JPG

Bought myself some kefir again. Enjoying it right now. Oh, I forgot to add raisins.

*kikie goes to kitchen to add raisins to his mixture of seeds, coconut blossom sugar and kefir*

I forgot my coffee on the kitchen counter this morning so I have to settle for a blueberry muffin and caffeinated water instead.

Just not the same. :guilty:

* Chickpea soup.

* Konijnenvoeder.

Konijn = rabbit

voeder = nourishment.

It's an expression to say that I eat a lot green leafy raw vegetables with other vegetables.

I bought a $50 gift certificate for $25 to the Himalayan Yak, an Indian/Nepali restaurant in town, mainly because I'd never heard of the place, never mind eaten there. Yesterday my wife and I went there for supper.

We started with vegetable pakora.

vegetable-pakora-hero.jpg

My meal was chilli with a heaping pile of rice and a side of garlic Naan.

chilli-chicken.jpg

640x478_ac.jpg

When I was brought the bill, they also brought an order of gulab jamun for dessert.

gulab-jamun.jpg

Every single thing they brought was nothing short of outstanding, to the extent that when I reheated my leftovers today for lunch and let the kids try it, they both tried to steal it. Looks like we'll be going back there soon.

Edit: While no pictures are mine or from the Himalayan Yak's site, they are the closest approximation I can find online.

Back