What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,315 comments
E3ECA9E4-224B-4AF1-A8CC-F2D01E116F82.jpeg
48020799-F091-43B5-ACB7-D76E879B9F9C.jpeg
7BCFBFB4-B22E-4E1C-B434-5168CC6B786F.jpeg

An IPA flight. Two of them should have been drain pours. But, I sucked it up and drank the swill.
Wife wanted those cheesy potato disks with bacon and green onions for an appetizer. I wanted Marsala mushrooms. We got both.
My dinner was called Baked Mo’s. Penne pasta with fresh red sauce, topped with green peppers and pepperoni and mozzarella, then baked until cheese is golden.
Dessert was a Jackberry Lemonade. Jack Daniels, lemonade, simple syrup, and puréed blackberries. Not bad at all.
Also brought a creame brûlée home for later on. I’m stuffed.

Few highlights from the last month:

Random Mexican from a convenience store. Was awesome.

20180611_205952.jpg

Requisite Pagliacci pizza

20180601_122332.jpg

Flying Saucer is closer to me than Pag's

20180611_204049.jpg

5 guys little bacon cheeseburger. It's all I can handle. My sons can easily chow down on the bigger ones. I even ask for small small fries so they don't dump their usual overflow and then I feel bad for wasting perfectly good fries. :embarrassed:
20180608_124613.jpg

Things I didn't eat but could have if I were faster than them: :lol:

20180602_171538(0).jpg

20180609_173252.jpg

At Five Guys, if you get the bacon cheeseburger, ask for bacon as a topping also, and you get twice the bacon. Then it's more like a bacon sandwich with a thin, over done burger on it.

Tried this Veggie King burger at Burger King.. looks good, tasted good. I was thinking I’d get a flat sad burger as they never put effort into the representation of their burgers. This one actually looked like it should, minus some more salad.
CD464C49-C610-45AA-B333-5E50290587D1.jpeg

Oooo, where at/what's the name? I love little hole in the wall joints.
I'm not sure it's worth a long drive but I was staying a couple blocks away last month, house/pet sitting for my aunt, so decided to give it a try.

Top Market and Deli
11801 NE 160th St, Bothell, WA 98011

I'm trying to think of other hole in the walls...does Red Mill burgers count? :lol: Atlantic Street Pizza on 3rd in downtown, the owner there is a character. Cafe Zum Zum also near there is really good.

I'm not sure it's worth a long drive but I was staying a couple blocks away last month, house/pet sitting for my aunt, so decided to give it a try.

Top Market and Deli
11801 NE 160th St, Bothell, WA 98011

I'm trying to think of other hole in the walls...does Red Mill burgers count? :lol: Atlantic Street Pizza on 3rd in downtown, the owner there is a character. Cafe Zum Zum also near there is really good.

Good to know, thanks! I've heard of them but have never been. I pretty regularly traverse the region anyways, and just off of 405? Easy; I'll make it in some time.

The best/most concentrated area of hole in the walls that I've found have been in South Seattle. International District/Central District/Rainier Valley/Columbia City, but I'm always looking for more great food places around the city. :D

Stuffin’ 5 McDonald’s burgers into my gut before bed probably wasn’t a good idea. Bring on the indigestion.

Disregard that post. May seem like joking but it was 9 am where I live and I was browsing half asleep and I did fell asleep with the phone in my hand and made such a post :lol:
I've been so close to doing that so many times recently that it's hard to believe. I mostly just read GTP so it's unlikely that I've inadvertently "liked" something that sounded a bit nazi-ish. It has been a bit of a worrcovfefetho.

Few highlights from the last month:

Random Mexican from a convenience store. Was awesome.

View attachment 742933

Requisite Pagliacci pizza

View attachment 742926

Flying Saucer is closer to me than Pag's

View attachment 742928

5 guys little bacon cheeseburger. It's all I can handle. My sons can easily chow down on the bigger ones. I even ask for small small fries so they don't dump their usual overflow and then I feel bad for wasting perfectly good fries. :embarrassed:
View attachment 742929

Things I didn't eat but could have if I were faster than them: :lol:

View attachment 742930

View attachment 742932

I very rarely eat out - usually it is some function I have to attend, and which compels me to play the game of social eating.
Fast food and hole-in-the-wall joints are a rarity on my menu; while I'm quite adventurous when it comes to food and drink I have a great mistrust of food prepared by strangers or food that was prepared without my scrutiny.
I know . . . this may not be too common a malady, and may even seem a form of paranoia - but it was just the way I was raised - plenty of great food at home when I was growing up (my mother was bit of an 'entertainer' and visitors were abundant) and I had no real reason to go purchase food from outside.
Of course there was the occasional pizza or burger - but these were mostly 'treats' (and I have to admit that more often than not the food wouldn't agree with me, let alone my obsessive thoughts of where the cook's hands had been.)
I'm not sure if this is related - but for six decades I have never been hospitalized.

As I matured, though, I began to investigate the occasional hole-in-the-wall joint - usually famous for some exotic dish - and had better experiences. That 'random Mexican from a convenience store' gets my attention this way - and I would have loved to try it - and damn the gastronomic consequences! :lol:

BTW - your love of nature shows through - and not just in one post either. ;) It might be reciprocal. :dopey:

Curry. And you can make it spicier as well. ;)
I was just about to edit my post to note that I discovered it to be katsu-karē--I'm just more familiar with the shredded cabbage pairing that's typical here. It looked like a beef stew minus the beef.

Swap the rice with mashed potatoes, and the chopsticks for a fork, and I'd be all over that
You offend me.

Also people often get confused how people use chopsticks with curry. Japanese curries use shorter grain rice which is stickier than the stuff you have with Indian.

Back