What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,315 comments
Many cultures have added great inventions to humanity throughout the ages. I don't know why Eastern cultures don't upgrade to the fork.
Upgrade? When you learn to use chopsticks it's easier I find, you have a hand spare whilst you don't with a knife and fork.

Although that's on my good days, on other days I get hand cramps and embarrass myself.

Chopsticks are fun. :lol:
I'm legitimately ambilevous (equally poor dexterity in both hands) but I was able to take up chopsticks pretty quickly a couple decades ago.* My daughter finally got the hang of them when she was 16-17 but my wife still has to band them with a rolled up napkin as a pivot.

*Edit: I can't snatch a fly out of the air or anything, but I won't starve.

Many cultures have added great inventions to humanity throughout the ages. I don't know why Eastern cultures don't upgrade to the fork.
eLvgto.gif

I ate a spicy Chinese soup tonight, it turned out to be too spicy and made me sick.
This is something I'm having difficulty coming to terms with. Presumably it's due to aging, but I used to eat spicy food all the time--chasing that serotonin/endorphin high, I suppose--but more often than not now it just ends up upsetting my stomach, and not being on an empty stomach when eating it may or may not help. It isn't indicative of ulcers in my case, fortunately, rather likely a change in gut biome. Of course it also depends on the source of the heat.

This is something I'm having difficulty coming to terms with. Presumably it's due to aging, but I used to eat spicy food all the time--chasing that serotonin/endorphin high, I suppose--but more often than not now it just ends up upsetting my stomach, and not being on an empty stomach when eating it may or may not help. It isn't indicative of ulcers in my case, fortunately, rather likely a change in gut biome. Of course it also depends on the source of the heat.
Nah there is nothing wrong with me, this was really spicy, hotter than any curry I have ever eaten.

Didn't help that it must have had at least a whole chilli in it.

Yo where the hell is that?!!!!! I'd freaking go to Manila just to eat some chicken curry!!!

I just had some measly Sinigang for my lunch just a while ago :lol:
received_2063336853707848.jpeg

(It's supposed to have a lot more orange soup btw. I took the picture after eating)

To all of you who are reading this right now, I have a food-related question. How do you freeze eggs? I already had an egg frozen for about two hours in my freezer at the highest setting, yet when I broke it it's still a liquid (but much more viscous). I've already wasted around 5 eggs (not so wasted though since I used them to make scrambled eggs) just trying to freeze one :mad:. Anyone please help me I've been at it for three days now :indiff: thanks in advance!

Yo where the hell is that?!!!!! I'd freaking go to Manila just to eat some chicken curry!!!

I just had some measly Sinigang for my lunch just a while ago :lol:
View attachment 743904
(It's supposed to have a lot more orange soup btw. I took the picture after eating)

To all of you who are reading this right now, I have a food-related question. How do you freeze eggs? I already had an egg frozen for about two hours in my freezer at the highest setting, yet when I broke it it's still a liquid (but much more viscous). I've already wasted around 5 eggs (not so wasted though since I used them to make scrambled eggs) ust trying to freeze one :mad:. Anyone please help me I've been at it for three days now :indiff: thanks in advance!
You aren't meant to freeze eggs.

Well, I gave up on the frozen eggs. I made the leftover into a scrambled egg and just did another recipe for my snack time- a souffle omelette
received_2095118990530183.jpeg

I call it "The Two Faces of Egg" :) :lol:

Upgrade? When you learn to use chopsticks it's easier I find, you have a hand spare whilst you don't with a knife and fork.

Although that's on my good days, on other days I get hand cramps and embarrass myself.
I use a ladle.

I cooked some egg tempuras for lunch thanks to eran's advice on how to freeze eggs :D (don't mind the failure on the right the bread crumbs came apart)
20180619_132544.jpg

I tried Natto for the first time, today. The store owner told me that it really taste like crap and it is a required taste. Well, eventhough I wasn't that keen on tasting Natto, but I did so anyway and surprisingly, I like it.

Back