What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,318 comments
Lunch today at a local place.
Must be nice being able to dislocate your jaw...

jawdrop.gif

Elvis Burger. 1/2lb burger with caramelized bananas, bacon, bourbon peanut butter cream. House made fries and a couple of their house brewed beers.

Sounds like an odd combo, but it was one of the best burgers I've ever had. :drool:
I made a similar burger a few months ago and it was fantastic.

- - - - -

More air fryer goodness - paprika and parmesan fries with a mayonnaise and sriracha dip.

20180804_113915.jpg

I wasn't expecting the dip to be as good as it is. :eek:

TB
I wasn't expecting the dip to be as good as it is. :eek:
Looks like you combined the two yourself. Another good mayo pairing is sesame chili oil--the toasted sesame notes come through real nice.

Must be nice being able to dislocate your jaw...

View attachment 756695

It looks bigger on the plate than it really was. This place serves burgers and sandwiches on a hockey puck like platform base (~1" or so) on top of the plate. Being 1/2lb, it was still a good size.

TB
I made a similar burger a few months ago and it was fantastic.

Somehow I missed that post. Looks good!

It looks bigger on the plate than it really was. This place serves burgers and sandwiches on a hockey puck like platform base (~1" or so) on top of the plate. Being 1/2lb, it was still a good size.
Fair enough, and I suppose it doesn't even look as huge as it did initially, when compared to the metal condiment cup that I imagine is the standard size. I see what you mean by the "hockey puck" too, and can now see a shadow beneath the burger. I've seen those and I presume the elevation keeps the bottom of the bun from sogging out due to juice runs.

Is an air fryer any good compared to a (deep) fryer?

I don't know what to prepare for lunch. I have two choices:
  1. Pizza
  2. Spaghetti
Both are delicious but I can't eat both because I'm too fat as it is.

Is an air fryer any good compared to a (deep) fryer?
Depends on what it is you're going for. If you've done plenty of oil frying (I don't care for consumer fryers; a pot of oil on a cooktop is the way for me) and don't mind the effort and like the results, I'd suggest you stick with it.

An air fryer doesn't use oil (spraying the uncooked product before "frying" can yield a crispier result without leaving it greasy), and is therefor safer and cleaner, but as little frying as I do, if I'm going part way I may as well go all the way.

This may be helpful (I haven't read it):

https://heavy.com/tech/2015/04/air-fryer-vs-deep-fryer/

Both are delicious but I can't eat both because I'm too fat as it is.
That may be a case for the air fryer, if you want a healthier alternative (approximation) to fried food.

I had a second pizza, not a good one because it was with spinach, cheese and basil pesto, and at this moment I'm suffering from an upset stomach.

:ouch:

Depends on what it is you're going for. If you've done plenty of oil frying (I don't care for consumer fryers; a pot of oil on a cooktop is the way for me) and don't mind the effort and like the results, I'd suggest you stick with it.

An air fryer doesn't use oil (spraying the uncooked product before "frying" can yield a crispier result without leaving it greasy), and is therefor safer and cleaner, but as little frying as I do, if I'm going part way I may as well go all the way.

This may be helpful (I haven't read it):

https://heavy.com/tech/2015/04/air-fryer-vs-deep-fryer/

That may be a case for the air fryer, if you want a healthier alternative (approximation) to fried food.
👍

Spa-ghe-ttiiiii with tomato/vegebable sauce, which I made myself. It was good. Added a bit of nutritional yeast for that cheese/nut taste.

Snuck out to Dominos for lunch, can't say fairer than £1.99 ($2.60) for a small pizza with two toppings... (tandoori chicken and peppers!)

1tWlT5n.jpg

A Dominos pizza straight out of the oven is infinitely better than a delivered one - I think this might be the way forward.

Woke up very early this morning. I was so hungry that I couldn't sleep anymore (happened before). Had some cashew nuts, bottled water and two slices of peperkoek.

Watched TV for about 15', maybe a little longer, went back to bed and fell asleep immediatly. My stomach was very pleased.

Thank you very much, you stupid poisonous body and health (messes up my hormonal balance) destroying antidepressants. I'm so sick and tired, after all these years, of the side effects.

At this moment, I'm having, again, this gnawing hungry feeling. :ouch: No wonder I'm 13kg overweight. :mad:

* Bread with jam
* Seitan roll with curry ketchup
* white beans in tomato sauce
* Frisko
* Vegetable mix with other stuff and some chicken
* Cashew nuts
* muesli with raisins

to be continued.

Latest Posts

Back