What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,261 comments
Weather was finally nice enough yesterday to fire up the smoker for the first time this year. Smoked a bunch of rib tips that I found in the freezer, and glazed them with a mix of all the nearly empty bbq sauces that have been taking up space in the fridge for months.

iu

Hoisin sauce burger with sriracha mayo, sesame oil fried onion and cucumber. Side of curly fries.

20190324_191209.jpg

Pretty damn tasty. Could use more sriracha.

Edit: Chased it with birthday cake. Not much to look at but it's damn rich. :ill:

20190324_202644.jpg

Last edited:
A nice chuck eye, garlic mashed potatoes and delicious asparagus. It was a good dinner tonight.
Cooked my steak sous vide 2.5 hours at 130°f. Tossed my wife's raw on the grill. Cooked both that way 7-10 minutes each side. Had a patio steak in there as well. Cooked it in the sous vide with my steak. The on the grill I pulled as far from the heat as I could and left the lid a bit open. Left that on the grill for nearly an hour. Probably the most tender patio steak I've had. That though is for steak salad lunches during the week. Wish I had since wood chips to have smoked it out. That seems to make a better crust. But you make do with what you got.
20190324_175426.jpg

I also bought a new brand of hot sauce. Blis Blast by my favorite brewery, Founders. It is a crazy flavor. The vinegar flavor a bit like Frank's hot sauce at first. But then it melds into a really interesting mix of peppers and bourbon stout umami. I attached a pic of their description. Its very good, but it's not for every dish like I might do with other hot sauces. Very good though.
20190324_180239.jpg

Last edited:
I had fruit for breakfast. A lot of fruit. Blended it in a blender and ate it as a toddler would.

iu

*Random photo from the internet*

Made some hamburger pie today. Burger, mixed veggies, and Ortega taco sauce mixed together. Layered with shredded cheddar, then garlic mashed potatoes. Easy to make, and packs up well for lunches.
20190327_182513.jpg

Mine of course was doused liberally with BLiS. The taste has really grown on me. It really doesn't work on everything, but what it does work on, its incredibly good. I highly suggest getting a bottle if you happen to find it.
20190327_182447.jpg

In hindsight I'm not sure how it's a first for me, but I made a chicken piccata with pork shoulder cutlets subbed in for the poultry and it was just spectacular--quite possibly a permanent substitution. Accompanied by pan roasted asparagus with crispy fried shallots.

Ohhhhh...*shudders*...I do love a good, funky provolone. "Funky" might not be the right word. Let's go with assertive. Yeah, assertive provolone is wonderful stuff.

I'm not really a big cheese person. I won't eat a cold slice by itself. I'll eat it that way on a sandwich though. And I'll eat most melted cheeses.

I'd just like to say that I love provolone cheese.

And I also love provel cheese.

Tonight, I'll he having a provel cheese pizza. 👍

I disliked blue cheese all my life until somewhat recently. Now I just kind of don't like it, but will eat it. I still don't really care for it though, but can understand why so many do.

Munster, I think that's what it is? The provolone looking stuff with a red colored outer edge? I likey that stuff.

Provel. St. Louie.

Last edited:
I'm not really a big cheese person. I won't eat a cold slice by itself. I'll eat it that way on a sandwich though. And I'll eat most melted cheeses.

I'd just like to say that I love provolone cheese.

And I also love provel cheese.

Tonight, I'll he having a provel cheese pizza. 👍
I don't think I've ever seen Provel outside of St. Louis, and I know for a fact that's the only place I've had it..melted with ham on garlic bread. It was a step above American but nothing I'd write home about.

I disliked blue cheese all my life until somewhat recently. Now I just kind of don't like it, but will eat it. I still don't really care for it though, but can understand why so many do.

Munster, I think that's what it is? The provolone looking stuff with a red colored outer edge? I likey that stuff.
Bloomy rind cheeses like brie and camembert are my faves, but gorgonzola is way up there. Y'know...I'm actually all over the place when it comes to cheese. It depends on how I'm consuming it.

Muenster looks like a yellow cheddar with a speckled or cross-hatch orange exterior that gets its color from annatto seed, like cheddar. I can see it being likened to a very mild provolone, say, what they use at Subway. Muenster is a melter, if that helps. It's my go-to for a cheeseburger.

Alp-Dell-Muenster.jpg

Red rind makes me think edam, but you probably do mean muenster.

edam-recipe_1730x.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen Provel outside of St. Louis, and I know for a fact that's the only place I've had it..melted with ham on garlic bread. It was a step above American but nothing I'd write home about.

Bloomy rind cheeses like brie and camembert are my faves, but gorgonzola is way up there. Y'know...I'm actually all over the place when it comes to cheese. It depends on how I'm consuming it.

Muenster looks like a yellow cheddar with a speckled or cross-hatch orange exterior that gets its color from annatto seed, like cheddar. I can see it being likened to a very mild provolone, say, what they use at Subway. Muenster is a melter, if that helps. It's my go-to for a cheeseburger.

Alp-Dell-Muenster.jpg

Red rind makes me think edam, but you probably do mean muenster.

edam-recipe_1730x.jpg
Its fantastic as a fried cheeseball type of thing. As well as on burgers and in salads. One time I had it in pasta (cannot remember where) but that was pretty darn good too.

I guess it's just the St. Louis Metro Area blood in me that loves it. I didn't even know it was a St. Louis thing until a few days ago. Same time I learned that bread sliced bagels was also a St. Louis thing.

I can't believe the rest of the country doesn't slice bagels like bread on the norm... ugh.

*Googles 'bread sli'--[auto-fill option appears]*

*sighs*

What do you do with that? And is it typical to get two tiny pieces of bagel on either side of the eye or are they usually connected by a thin piece of bagel?

Dinner was beef enchiladas.

Now having some butterscotch moonshine and some Jelly Bellys. One of the flavors seems to be "sweaty sock", but the rest of them are good.

Back