What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,316 comments
Sunday lunch:

B9D286FE-228E-443C-AA93-D42D835C8F40.jpeg
2BAEE7A8-172F-4F0B-A77E-94E56EEB2EEA.jpeg

100% raw cacao paste with a few raisins (to mask most of the bitter taste) and bread with blueberry jam.

Did you love the VALUE?

- - - - -

Needing to use up some Brioche buns before the turn blue, I tossed them under the broiler for a few minutes to dry them out, topped them with honey turkey (that actually tasted like honey!), pepperoni and a slice of Colby Jack then back under the broiler. No picture as it didn't last long enough to get one.

As long as the stuff stays at $1, I suppose I can... appreciate :sly: the value.

It's like being 19 again... as I sit and eat a Tina's burrito I paid 69 cents for.

I remember getting four Tina's burritos for a buck. I loved the chicken in "gravy" ones; Chicken Ranchero maybe? They were in a turquoise wrapper. Maybe about a decade ago I had a craving for one and I couldn't find them anywhere.

:lol:

Edit: Fixed burgers with sautéed mushrooms and shallots, Swiss and baby spinach. Deep fried pickle planks and homemade buttermilk ranch on the side

I also conducted a little experiment. Since I was already battering and frying, I went ahead and grabbed a whole bunch of pickled garlic cloves that have been accumulating in the fridge and did them as I did the pickles. They were really, really, really, really, really, really good.

The pickling takes away a lot of the bite that fresh garlic has, but I probably could have done the planks first and then lowered the temp so that the garlic could cook a little longer and mellow out even more.

Anyway...having a generous scoop of frozen custard again and it's Sunday so I skipped the booze and opted for some grenadine to cut the richness.

Last edited:
Lemon tea! Soothes my throat :3

OFFTOPIC ALERT, I MAY REPOST THE BELOW TEXT IN A NEW THREAD
Also, I will never touch alcohol because any kind of drugs don't really interest me unless they're used medicinally (in which I uh, call them medicines). On an unrelated note I think cannabis should be legalised to an extent (as a prescribed, heavily controlled medicine) in the UK as it does have a lot of medical purpose. I mean it's a plant and I'm also all for natural medicine when necessary over synthetic stuff that does one thing and creates another problem

Eating: Sainsbury's Somerset Brie on Jacob's cream crackers. Don't be fooled - not all Bries are the same. The Tesco shop 100 yards away has 'Cornish Brie', which is a bit like eating an IKEA plastic model of Somerset Brie - I'm currently using a wedge of it to keep my kitchen door open. Somerset Brie, on the other hand, is about the most incredible, mythical, magical substance not to be prohibited by current UK law. It's absolutely amazing in every way, with or without crackers.

Drinking: Alcohol-free vodka, lime and tonic with fresh lemon. As the name suggests, this is really just lime, tonic and lemon and (it must be said) doesn't quite have the same effects as a non alcohol-free vodka, lime and tonic (otherwise known as a vodka, lime and tonic). The positive effects are that it doesn't produce any hangovers, joint pain, dodgy tummy or loose bowels like its vodka-containing counterpart; negative effects include increased lucidity and typing ability, which is allowing me to post incredible waffle like this.

TB
There are a lot of "natural" things that will kill you if consumed. Don't assume something is safe just because it grows, walks or swims.

The sugar cane the constitutes the rum I drink often has a good go at trying to kill me.

Grapes come from a plant. Medicine makes you feel better.
Red wine or white wine come from grapes. Wine makes you feel better. Drink more wine, it's natural medicine.

You can kill a man with too much water on an empty stomach.
You can kill a dog with a lot of chocolate.

:D

Back