What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,282 comments
jZRc84N.jpg

Smartest idea I've had today.

A slice of Cheese Fenugreek with Abricot jam and raw spinach on whole grain spelt bread. It is surprisingly very tasteful.

Blended Cashew nuts, Brazilian nuts, Walnuts, Almond, Hemp seeds, water and honey. I added raisins, Pumpkin seeds, Sunflower seeds, pine nuts and coconut blossom sugar.

Sister in law turned up with a pack of beers.

Who am I to refuse?

Why do people keep buying me beers when they know I’m supposed to be getting sober?

Well actually, it's just only barely good IMHO. There are still much better beers that I have drank around before. :lol:

Id like to say something alone the lines of “don’t get me wrong, a beer is a beer...” but when it comes to Bud I think I’d rather stay sober. :lol:

Id like to say something alone the lines of “don’t get me wrong, a beer is a beer...” but when it comes to Bud I think I’d rather stay sober. :lol:
Free > Temperature > Brand - them's the rules of beer. Anything if it's free, then anything if it's ice cold and then preferred brand. ;)

I'm not a Bud or Bud Light fan either. As far as US beers go, I'm all over Brooklyn Brewery lager and IPAs. But I'll admit my knowledge of US beers in general is pretty limited. I tend to drink Mexican beers when in the US.

BudLight_C.jpg

I didn't even drink it--the smell alone actually made me retch.
When I run things (which I will) then all beers and ciders mixed with fruit will be banned. The users will go underground, but my secret beer police will seek them out and 'reeducate' them. Not having it!

When I run things (which I will) then all beers and ciders mixed with fruit will be banned. The users will go underground, but my secret beer police will seek them out and 'reeducate' them. Not having it!

Roll on the prohibition!

I don’t have anything against American beers, some of my favourites are APAs, but I draw the line at Bud.

Cold Bud = room temp larger (of any sort) and free beer isn’t always a good thing...who am I kidding, of course it is...

As a rule, if cider doesn’t taste like apples, ruin your throat and cause you to do unremeberable things with a lamp post, it’s probably not cider. Or scrumpy. Which I assume is the royal version of cider.

Saying all that, it is a fact that I’m completely hammered on Thai beer and could be talking complete bollocks. Or not. I don’t know. I’m wankered lol.

*Googles 'bread sli'--[auto-fill option appears]*

*sighs*

What do you do with that? And is it typical to get two tiny pieces of bagel on either side of the eye or are they usually connected by a thin piece of bagel?
Well, you get the whole bagel. So yeah, you'll get two little babies at the end. Its excellent for bagels with a topping of crumbs or seeds on one side. This way you get the topping on every single bite and no plain bottom.

Also easy to dip in a spread and easy to spread things on then to. Easy to hold. Easier to eat. I don't know. I'm rambling. But it's better.
A good drink I had earlier. :sly:

kisspng-budweiser-beer-anheuser-busch-lager-united-states-garrafa-cerveja-5b2aafee839666.259345781529524206539.jpg
Looks like you're celebrating the home opener for the St. Louis Cardinals... Busch Stadium is your spirit ballpark today. :)

Roll on the prohibition!

I don’t have anything against American beers, some of my favourites are APAs, but I draw the line at Bud.

Cold Bud = room temp larger (of any sort) and free beer isn’t always a good thing...who am I kidding, of course it is...

As a rule, if cider doesn’t taste like apples, ruin your throat and cause you to do unremeberable things with a lamp post, it’s probably not cider. Or scrumpy. Which I assume is the royal version of cider.

Saying all that, it is a fact that I’m completely hammered on Thai beer and could be talking complete bollocks. Or not. I don’t know. I’m wankered lol.
I love that ‘wankered’ gets through the filter. :lol:

If you got it for your birthday, it wasn't free--paid for with mortality. Is there any greater cost?
Coworker said one of the construction crews dropped them off so she was handing them out on her way to the freezer

Mortality intact, dignity not so much.

I tell you hwhat, sous vide with a long smoke finish is the best way to cook cheap steaks. This was a big slice of patio steak. Cooked in my sous vide contraption, 130°f for 3 hours.
20190401_170912.jpg 20190401_202445.jpg Then I moved it over to the bbq to smoke for a little over 30 minutes at roughly 180°.
20190401_205746.jpg 20190401_210326.jpg
Patio steaks are generally a tough cut to chew. This turned out quite a bit more tender than I expected. It wasn't ribeye tender, but definitely close to a good sirloin. I cooked it up for the wife and I to put on salads for lunch. Sadly, I didnt get a picture of those.

I'm going to have Lasagna for lunch today. It's been a while because I find out after all these years that I can't process greasy food that easily. And cheese is high in fat content. And no, I'm not lactose intolerant. I have no problem drinking and digesting cow's milk.

Finally got a soft boiled egg right. Only took… a long time.

Like it's hard… :rolleyes: or :sly:

Cold water, egg in, rolling boiling, move to other spot, 5 minutes, cold water bath.

image-jpeg.813191
Hey, that's fantastic. Now you're just halfway to mastering a Scotch egg.

:P

Easy dinner of grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches with a simple pesto and a blend of mozzarella and pecorino; leftover tabouleh salad on the side.

Finally got a soft boiled egg right. Only took… a long time.

Like it's hard… :rolleyes: or :sly:

Cold water, egg in, rolling boiling, move to other spot, 5 minutes, cold water bath.

View attachment 813191
Well done!

I still have to find out how to boil water correctly. There are three ways to do it:

1. The Dutch (Flemish) way
  2. The French (Walloon) way
  3. The German way.

Yesterday evening I prepared something delicious. I mixed cream made from cashew nuts with Gooseberry jam and a mixture of dark green leafy vegetables.

I don’t see the issue here. Eat hard boiled eggs. Surely the calorie count is the same, and they’re hard (no pun intended) to get wrong.

Edit: beer. I’m drinking beer. Have been for the last 6 hours. I’ll be drunk soon, I expect. And then I’ll drink some more, or find food. One of the two.

They are really good though. I'm not a huge fan at all of any kind of runniness in my egg, but that egg looks like it would do well scotch style.

Back