What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,301 comments
I've had access to some mellow bud recently which has allowed me to avoid alcohol somewhat (I can't handle booze and grass together) and as a result, I've been overall much less depressed as there's no come-down from the bud. On the flip side, while intoxicated on alcohol I couldn't even explain what anxiety was, much less feel it, however, with the smoke, I feel a lot more anxiety and choose to be antisocial, although it's not crippling and I can manage it fine.

Hey, food picture!

Black Pepper Beef, brown rice

49DC90EE-314B-485C-BA0F-184841853B2E.jpeg

Just ate an entire pizza. Probably shouldn't have, will likely regret it later but after the day from hell, I figure it's better that drinking. That and I'm not much of a drinker.

Why are you depressed? I've been kinda depressed lately myself but now I'm in some odd mania phase and i can't sleep well without lorazapam.
I want to warn you about Lorazapam. It is not intended for longer use. It is opium-based and very addictive. The longer you use it, to more you're going to need.

I want to warn you about Lorazapam. It is not intended for longer use. It is opium-based and very addictive. The longer you use it, to more you're going to need.

Yeah, thanks for the advice. I've taken lorazepam, trazadone, hydroxazine, and ambien all at one point or another ugh. I titrated of them before went through hell got better plenty of times. It's horrible because I can sleep fine without meds when having my good phases sometimes for months where I start thinking "awesome i'm healed for good this time I'll never have to take sedatives again I'm so happy!" then next week I'm sick again. I hate this. Tomorrow I'm weaning of again I'm sick of dependency. What happened to me? I used to be so happy and could sleep so soundly as a kid and teenager geez!!

I'm definitely going to have to get some marijuana or cbd oil constantly. I haven't lit up in about two years I MISS IT! It made me so relaxed and I slept well with it with no negative effects.

Just had fried catfish on bread with tartar and a bit of mixed squash.

Before, I had a ton of barbecue potato chips and chocolate covered almonds, so that is my cheat for the week.

Yasso Chocolate Hazelnut ice cream bar

It tastes like your eating a frozen hazelnut chocolate bar except in the form of ice cream. Flavor is 100% accurate, more on the dark chocolate side.

Friend made me a salad.

Aaaand some chicken.

View attachment 932993

:D
Jeez, have a little salad with that chicken.

The wife bought me a 2lb frenched ribeye for dinner tonight. Sucker was thick!
20200621_163435.jpg
Smoked it with some apple wood chunks well off the coals for about 30 minutes at 500°f (by the grills thermometer) then put it first bone down for about 15 minutes over the coals, then 5 minutes on each side, including the edges. Came out cooked a perfect medium with a really nice sear. Sorry, forgot pictures of the final product.
That said.... it was actually a bit... tougher than expected. The cook was good, it was juicy, but I think it may have been just a bit too thick. It wasn't exactly chew.or anything, but not nearly as tender as a normal of ribeye would have been. I wish I would have sous vide it first for a few hours to break down the connective tissues.
Regardless, it was tasty, along with some lemon butter scallops and garlic pepper asparagus.
For the record, the steak was cut into thirds for the wife and my daughter as well. No way I could clear a 2 lb steak solo. I'm no Chet Ripley.

TB
Looks like my kind of crumb. Brownie-esque. I don't like fluffy cake.

Dinner was grill roasted chicken, herbed brown rice and tomatoes dressed in a sherry-thyme vinaigrette. Also made palomas with Lunazul Blanco tequila and fresh grapefruit juice; used club soda for the bubbles.

TB
No leavening agents besides eggs so it is definitely not fluffy. I could transcribe the recipe if you're interested.
Thanks but no need, I've got plenty of cake/brownie recipes. I'm more of a pie guy anyway.

It does look tasty, however.

That may be the “healthiest” birthday cake you’ve ever posted here. :lol:
Remember that time Thing Two tried to kill the entire family? Twice?

I always recall the following in my mind when @TB posts picks of desserts :lol:

TB
Big-ass birthday cake.

View attachment 787117

View attachment 787118

Theres no way I'm surviving this. I've had a pretty good run.

TB
View attachment 699940

Thing Two made his own birthday cake.

Double layer triple chocolate cake with Nutella and half a bag of Heath bar chips then topped with chocolate frosting and the rest of the Heath chips.

Good. God. :lol:

Last edited:
That may be the “healthiest” birthday cake you’ve ever posted here. :lol:
There's no may be about it!

Remember that time Thing Two tried to kill the entire family?

I always recall the following in my mind when @TB posts picks of dessert :lol:
What about his from the next year?!?

TB
Big-ass birthday cake.

View attachment 787117

View attachment 787118

Theres no way I'm surviving this. I've had a pretty good run.
It's a wonder I'm still kickin'. :lol:

TB
There's no may be about it!

What about his from the next year?!?

It's a wonder I'm still kickin'. :lol:
Funny thing, that is the one I tried to find but I searched Nutella posted by you and found that other post :lol:

I fixed the post above :lol:

Went for a curry last night at one of my old favourite restaurants. First post-lockdown sit-down curry. Which, ironically, was what I needed to urgently do first thing this morning. :scared:

Work's BBQ and pool party from lunchtime today. Making the most of the heatwave before the thunderstorms hit tonight.

Back