What can we do to keep Gran Turismo 5 alive?

We need to find good things to do in GT5 so that the players who revisit the game have new events
Don't know about events.when I get bord of grinding I like to compere stock cars on a few tracks with the same spec's and see what car is the fastest of there category. at the min am trying to find something that with the same spec's of the Renault Clio sport 2.0 16V '02 and its a tuff one I'll fined something :)

Speaking of the test track next week’s time attack challenge after this week’s Nürb will be held there with a great rally car. Come join us !

We need to find good things to do in GT5 so that the players who revisit the game have new events
Speaking of the test track next week’s time attack challenge after this week’s Nürb will be held there with a great rally car. Come join us !
Hey 2_Fast_4_U, head over to "The GT5 Garage Editor Thread". I posted some of my hybrids, check it out if you are interested!

I would sell my soul just to bring back the GT5 servers and to have drag races, car meets on the Top Gear Test Track again.

OH DUDE! I've been dreaming of a GT5 PS4 Remaster with all the extra content, physics, & FFB of GT6. Online Shuffle racing back again...I'd be in heaven! But, even if they just switched the online back on, I'd be happy. I doubt they'd ever do it though, because I suspect they'd lose a lot of GT Sports "5 Million players".

Not something to do in GT5, but GT5 related. If you like Memes, check out the GT5 Meme thread. Many of them are missing now, but there are still some gems left in there. They say that laughter is the best medicine...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ity-stupidity-obvious-re-use-flooding.248533/

Enjoy!

👍

EDIT: The thread launched before GT Planet got the "Like" function. So, why not like some posts & give someone a pleasant surprise when they log on next.

Last edited:
Why do people continue to play old titles after new titles become available? Other than nostalgia, I think #1 is players continue working on completing things they haven't had time to get to because of real life distractions. Players like to complete their collections of cars and have a game save ready to go anytime they feel like racing older cars and tracks not available in newer titles.
-
This was a popular thing with Gran Turismo 1-4 . Players readily shared information online how to obtain past things that had eluded them and made friends in the process. Then GT5 with online racing happened and sharing information became a problem for players not wanting to share information to gain an advantage in online races. This has had a negative effect for communities of GT fans such as this one. Still it's been years since online support ended.
-
GT5 has more content and more items to collect than any previous title, and it seems like nobody wants anyone to have access to any of it, even after it has supposedly become something to set my drink on. Most of this once-restricted content has been opened up in GT6. We should share more info from GT5 and players would be more inclined to dust off their old copies and have fun playing it again. That's my answer to to keep GT5 alive. That is why I posted a list of hidden paint codes. They're useless sitting on an old thumb drive.

Last edited:
Hahahaha speaking of nostalgia, I’ve managed to locate GT5 and start a new file on my new psn. Got tired of the state of GTS and decided to actually try my hand at “completing” these PS3 editions because I always screwed around as a kid with a controller. I’ve nearly golded all special events, golded all licenses (damn you stopping challenges on top gear), and am now level 24 within 36 hours.

Funny story: I used to use TCS 5, Skid recovery force, and ABS 3+ with controller back then, but now on my wheel I have everything but ABS off and it feels so smooth. :drool::drool::drool:

Hahahaha speaking of nostalgia, I’ve managed to locate GT5 and start a new file on my new psn. Got tired of the state of GTS and decided to actually try my hand at “completing” these PS3 editions...
That's cool, my hope is that keeping this forum active will attract more players to jump back into GT5 and share in some good times here on GTP. I always learn things from other players that make my gaming more interesting. I'm having a blast playing GT5 again after a couple years off due to real life. It's nice playing GT again, especially with the amount of content in GT5 to play with. I am one of those people that has to have most of the cars so that I can enjoy every part of the game from tuning, to upgrading, to different cars at different tracks. It's fun racing my brother around Nurburgring a few times each week, and working on the cars. Not as active as I was a dozen years ago but it's still a fun way to spend a weekend with my brother. I like hanging out with the cool people here also, they all love the same things I love. :)

Now I know why people praised @praiano63 for his tunes. These are pretty damn awesome and really makes the car handle like I want it to. Only drawback from GT5 is the inconsistent used car dealership, but oh well, can’t have everything perfect. :lol:

Now I know why people praised @praiano63 for his tunes. These are pretty damn awesome and really makes the car handle like I want it to. Only drawback from GT5 is the inconsistent used car dealership, but oh well, can’t have everything perfect. :lol:
Yeah, I fired up the GE after online support ended and have been filling in my collection of cars that way. It would take years going through the UCD. I also like being able to paint 'unpaintable cars' in hidden colors. I made my own field of custom NSX 'cup cars' using some of the RedBull colors on 8 NSX Prototype LM Race Cars. Love those Pearl Colors man.

We need a millionaire to get it back online other than that it can't be saved. I wouldn't mind paying a price to play online.

My only other idea would be for PD to port it to Play Station 5.

We need a millionaire to get it back online other than that it can't be saved. I wouldn't mind paying a price to play online.
People still play GT4 and GT3 and they were never online. in some ways, online play pulled attention away from the other 90% of the game that we all loved before online play. Some of the things we loved have been inexorably altered in order to accommodate online play. It's debatable whether some of those changes made the game more or less fun than it was in previous titles. I feel there is plenty of content in GT5 to keep me and others entertained despite the absence of online play. I miss some things about online but there's some things that I definitely don't miss as well.
-
There's time to explore all the cars and other content more completely now. There's less 'instant gratification' than there is online, but it can be more satisfying doing some things on our own. And hey, no worries about having our online accounts suspended anymore, we can do whatever we want with our game now. That gives extended life to these titles after we've already completed all the trophies. There's more to Gran Turismo than online racing, a lot more. All the other stuff is fun too, if only we take the opportunity delve into some of it.

Last edited:
Only drawback from GT5 is the inconsistent used car dealership, but oh well, can’t have everything perfect. :lol:

The UCD isn't inconsistent. Not at all. It is strictly following a pattern that MT19937 will come up with. Reproducable. For every further "In Game Day" of your savegame. If you're in the Even or in the Odd list (aka Masterlist1 or Masterlist2) - it doesn't matter.

I'm not the guy to defend PD at all, for a lot of weird choices/decisions they came up with. But here, in this special case - Heck No. They've coded a sophisticated solution to deal with the UCD. It's not endless. It's not random. No. There's a pattern to it. And it will take you quite SOME gamedays to cycle through the UCD..

I fired up my son's handed down ps3 today with gt 5 and loved every minute of it .
Was a nice break from gt sport on ps4 and I even dragged my wheel set up through to his room to play !

1st time i had ever used the wheel with ps3 and must say it would have helped me loads back in the day if I'd have had one then .

Any way I drove the 200 lap endurance race which took me 2 hours and 22 minutes around Laguna seca in my Audi rs6 avant .

I'm going to go for one of the other endurance races next weekend I think .

For now back to gt sport for me .

Welcome Janifourc3 ! It's funny at the start of the year I was one of the only ones left posting around here, but over this last year I discovered new finds and other cool stuff that I posted and brought to the attention of this forum. I found that most enjoy the threads with photos and I sure haven't disappointed there. Then, fellas like VBR bringing Garage Editor into the forum threads, and Tim with soooo many cool colors contributed to work with, and Sony with his hybrid insights and other stuff etc, it's beginning to look like a true resurgence and rebound of GT5. There's so much discovered and even more undiscovered content that I haven't yet posted about. Well, Red Bull Hangar 7 flights will be departing very soon so, ... oops I missed my flight...:D

Jet Coming In For A Landing At Red Bull Hangar 7 Airport.jpg

I had a LOT of help from Razerman, but I do like the no-name colors, gives more options and some cool colors. I believe some of the things discussed here apply to the other titles as well. A lot of the cars and paint colors are the same in 3, 4 5 and 6 so it's not just 5. There's lot of info around GTP from each title that compliments the others. I play the other titles as well but currently working on finishing up a GT5 game save. It seems easier to work on GT5 now that all the online hype has moved on to newer titles... less distractions. Would be great to see more people stopping the GT5 section.

Last edited:
People still play GT4 and GT3 and they were never online. in some ways, online play pulled attention away from the other 90% of the game that we all loved before online play. Some of the things we loved have been inexorably altered in order to accommodate online play. It's debatable whether some of those changes made the game more or less fun than it was in previous titles. I feel there is plenty of content in GT5 to keep me and others entertained despite the absence of online play. I miss some things about online but there's some things that I definitely don't miss as well.
-
There's time to explore all the cars and other content more completely now. There's less 'instant gratification' than there is online, but it can be more satisfying doing some things on our own. And hey, no worries about having our online accounts suspended anymore, we can do whatever we want with our game now. That gives extended life to these titles after we've already completed all the trophies. There's more to Gran Turismo than online racing, a lot more. All the other stuff is fun too, if only we take the opportunity delve into some of it.

Very well put. I think part of the reason people gravitate towards GT3 and GT4 is because when a game has an online component that is suddenly shut off, then it makes people think they aren't getting the full game experience. Since GT3 and GT4 never had an online component, the game experience is preserved 100% the way it was when it was released. This is the downfall to online games.

I didn't finish the career mode in GT Sport, and I'm not sure that I will. I got burned already by Ace Combat Infinity, which was an online only game. That game is no longer playable, not even the single player campaign, because the servers were shut down this year. I know the same thing is going to happen with GT Sport eventually, probably at the release of GT Sport 2, and I don't want to support that type of game model any longer. I look back on the days where a game was 100% complete at release day, and that same game would still be playable today (i.e. Gran Turismo 3,4, and Ace Combat 4).

OneGunner, also well said... Speaking of Ace Combat, when I fire up GT3 and GT4 on my PS2 I still play on occasion AC, but usually 5, although I do have 4 as well. I just prefer the good ol' games of the past and still even have my mint Hori flightsticks !

AC5 NAMCO HORI 2.jpg

Hey guys my name is Bryce, I run a thread in GT6 called the CHALLENGE HUB.
I do poke my head in here from time to time and I have an idea to help keep GT5 and GT6 alive.

Here's my idea:

We race TT's against each other,
We use a car and track that is in both games and post our times.

Team GT6 vs Team GT5
It could be 3 on 3 or something like that.

Let me know what you think.

Bryce... That sounds like a wonderful idea, but as I use to run time attack races both here and other venues hardly anyone would post a video of their respective run. I always did and deleted the video later which keeps things very honest on my part at least versus just time photos. Like golf, I realize the honor system is really only as reliable to those that are honorable. I just never understood racers saying "oh I don't know how to do videos here" ...................say what !? Especially in today's tech era with cel phones. Anyway, the problem I see with your idea is only that of two different GT platform games, hence times and runs may vary somewhat between GT5 and GT6, but I can't say this for certain.

One thing about GT5 and keeping it going... I'm still finding really cool stuff unmentioned yet and I would suggest some might find some cool things in the cities while touring them leisurely. I just did a 5 city tour in my current fav car in Rome, Madrid, Tokyo, Monaco, and London, as you can see in the below photos. I won't ruin it for any others and their fun in searching, but I did find some more very interesting things, as I've done on many occasions before, that I may discuss later in the future.

Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-spec II Nür (R34) '02 Millennium Jade (M) Pure Stock-City Tour Rome.jpg
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-spec II Nür (R34) '02 Millennium Jade (M) Pure Stock-City Tour Madrid.jpg
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-spec II Nür (R34) '02 Millennium Jade (M) Pure Stock-City Tour Tokyo.jpg
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-spec II Nür (R34) '02 Millennium Jade (M) Pure Stock-City Tour Monaco.jpg
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-spec II Nür (R34) '02 Millennium Jade (M) Pure Stock-City Tour London.jpg

Bryce... That sounds like a wonderful idea, but as I use to run time attack races both here and other venues hardly anyone would post a video of their respective run. I always did and deleted the video later which keeps things very honest on my part at least versus just time photos. Like golf, I realize the honor system is really only as reliable to those that are honorable. I just never understood racers saying "oh I don't know how to do videos here" ...................say what !? Especially in today's tech era with cel phones. Anyway, the problem I see with your idea is only that of two different GT platform games, hence times and runs may vary somewhat between GT5 and GT6, but I can't say this for certain.

One thing about GT5 and keeping it going... I'm still finding really cool stuff unmentioned yet and I would suggest some might find some cool things in the cities while touring them leisurely. I just did a 5 city tour in my current fav car in Rome, Madrid, Tokyo, Monaco, and London, as you can see in the below photos. I won't ruin it for any others and their fun in searching, but I did find some more very interesting things, as I've done on many occasions before, that I may discuss later in the future.

View attachment 764210 View attachment 764211 View attachment 764212 View attachment 764213 View attachment 764214
I was thinking the same about the difference in consoles.
In my HUB we post photos of the race results, I do my events so no one can cheat.
Would you like to do a practice race, me and you?

I don't see how a GT5-GT6 time attack race challenge could be properly done considering they are two different games on consoles, but I'm willing to do a comparison practice run provided a complete video of the race replay will be required and provided. I respectfully and honestly don't see how you can fully guarantee that your GT6 races are cheat free with just photos being posted cause there are easy ways to cheat at that. A video of the race reply is much more useful in that regard inho. So... ?

Back