What can we do to keep Gran Turismo 5 alive?

Also some may not know that 99% of the GT5 colors are also in GT6. I don't have GT6 or an editor for GT6 but I believe they used the same data table and just added the new colors onto the end of the GT5 colors. So then the colors posted here should also work in GT6. Someone here probably knows more on the topic. I have made a list of the 50 most useful no name colors and might make a photo album of them all later. NIce having more Purples, Pinks and Greens on hand.

I don't see how a GT5-GT6 time attack race challenge could be properly done considering they are two different games on consoles, but I'm willing to do a comparison practice run provided a complete video of the race replay will be required and provided. I respectfully and honestly don't see how you can fully guarantee that your GT6 races are cheat free with just photos being posted cause there are easy ways to cheat at that. A video of the race reply is much more useful in that regard inho. So... ?
We pick tracks that don't have short cuts in them and when it comes to the event rules it's all to do with the game rules set by PD, example I run a NO-TUNE CHALLENGE where we can't tune the cars by only using the polyphony digital cup races, which don't allow you to tune them.

My idea for a race would be using time trails in single player mode, they can be fastest lap or maybe a 3 lap race, all tunes are allowed as they can't be policed.

we can make the rules as you need the results photo and replay,

I'll do a race and post it here.

I did a comparison race.
I used the Honda civic '97 both bone stock, I did 5 laps each and these were my best laps

GT5
IMAG0672.jpg

GT6
IMAG0673.jpg

PRETTY CLOSE RESULTS.

Also some may not know that 99% of the GT5 colors are also in GT6. I don't have GT6 or an editor for GT6 but I believe they used the same data table and just added the new colors onto the end of the GT5 colors. So then the colors posted here should also work in GT6. Someone here probably knows more on the topic. I have made a list of the 50 most useful no name colors and might make a photo album of them all later. NIce having more Purples, Pinks and Greens on hand.
I dug into it and yes they do have same data table, but the colors are sorted differently I believe.

I don’t think it’s a no by the GT5 fellas, but more of a problem being they really are two different games and it probably wouldn’t be fair comparisons in all likelihood one way or another... why not just do new races in GT5 such as time attack challenges which I offered to others to manage when I first started it... would be really much nicer if there were more competitors though ...

One thing GT6 did well was the GT3 class of racing which I find is well suited to the DS3 Controller and the overall more relaxed pace, the 700 PP LMP class of cars requires a serious concentration.

With GT3 as a ~ 1200 to 1300 kg , 610-620 PP class there aren’t that many GT5 models that fit. The Ford GT and C6R Corvettes can be nicely detuned, Oreca Viper can fit, the Audi R8 needs some upturning.

Here’s some real GT3 lap times to emulate:

Motegi - 1:47.8 ( 1:36.5 GT500 )

Nurburgring GP D - 1:15.6 + 1:26.1(3629 m.) ( 1:20.9 DTM D COURSE)

Nurburgring GP F - 1:54.007 (2018)

Laguna Seca - 1:24.5 , 1:23.7 2018 pole shootout. (1:21.9 GTLM)

Fuji F - 1:35.8 (4563 m)

Daytona Road - 1:47.1

Monza - 1:47.4

Suzuka - 1:59.0

Spa - 2:18.6

Sarthe - 4:03.8

Nurburgring 24 hr - 8:09

...since my PS3 broke, and of course I got PS4, I wasn't interested in my PS3 collection, but I was always looking back at GT5/6 and was hoping that I'd put tons of hours in those games. This week, finally after I don't know how long (although I could buy used PS3 and start playing those games), RPCS3 was finally able to go ingame on GT5... This is something that may stay like this for quite some time, but throughout my experience, it is usually like 2-3 months from fully playable...

Finally my discs won't gather any more dust...

Cheers...

I guess what is meant with the above post is.... get those mentioned, which will soon make you appreciate and want to come back to GT5 ASAP :D.

I will try to make every a spec race challenging somehow. I started from 0 again .. It will take a lot of time specially because I don't have it anyways but gt is my only video game vice so it's acceptable :P
I might to videos of a spec career maybe

Since I don't have much time to play, I don't know if I should focus first on special events or a spec career.. I find it really fun now.. I have my own rule to race with worse car than others, to win without touching any other car or bumping car anywhere on the track and obviously not to use any aids.. I used abs at 1but I'm thinking of not use that to. But also somehow I seem to be much faster than I was before. I golded all licences with no problem and beginners amg academy in one try. On the lap I did 8:37 with some mistakes and gold is 8:49.. Anyways it's fun again...

Any advice for my new "career" and also can someone tell me what is the easiest way to record replay without using camera on screen obviously..

It would be nice to see if someone else is playing it too :P

Since I don't have much time to play, I don't know if I should focus first on special events or a spec career.. I find it really fun now.. I have my own rule to race with worse car than others, to win without touching any other car or bumping car anywhere on the track and obviously not to use any aids.. I used abs at 1but I'm thinking of not use that to. But also somehow I seem to be much faster than I was before. I golded all licences with no problem and beginners amg academy in one try. On the lap I did 8:37 with some mistakes and gold is 8:49.. Anyways it's fun again...

Any advice for my new "career" and also can someone tell me what is the easiest way to record replay without using camera on screen obviously..

It would be nice to see if someone else is playing it too :P
I use the Elgato Game Capture, Google for more information about it. I am playing GT5 & GT6 now and I am enjoying the both games now.

Recently I've been playing both GT5 and GT6. One of the best aspects of GT5 is the endurance events. New submissions to the race reports for Grand Valley, Laguna Seca, Nurburgring etc. would help keep the game alive.

Recently I've been playing both GT5 and GT6. One of the best aspects of GT5 is the endurance events. New submissions to the race reports for Grand Valley, Laguna Seca, Nurburgring etc. would help keep the game alive.

Maybe Ill do something like this when I'll have some time. I started from level 0 on purpose, and now, 9 years later I find this game more interesting then back then.. Probably because i spent most time online when I got it.. It's little bit annoying that you can't get 100% trophies without online but whatever... Only thing I would want to improve is AI intelligence that way you could make all career races fun and challenging

Don't know about events.when I get bord of grinding I like to compere stock cars on a few tracks with the same spec's and see what car is the fastest of there category. at the min am trying to find something that with the same spec's of the Renault Clio sport 2.0 16V '02 and its a tuff one I'll fined something :)

Thats how it was for us day 1, there wasnt any seasonal events till man i dont know when. The game was a grind but thats what i loved about gran turismo. It felt like a normal rpg game. But yea the seasonal events made it real easy to level up and get money

Why do people continue to play old titles after new titles become available? Other than nostalgia?
Because newer tittles sometimes aren't always as good as the previous. Some people aren't sheep who follow behind hype. Sometimes newer content has less content than a older title. Sometimes people see a new tittle only exist to force people into a situation, to buy a new product. Because company only cares more about profits, and not about it's costumers. ECT... ECT... Cough Cough Gtsport

IMO they need to do something about turning GT6 online servers back on. Or allowing people to host there own so they can still play with there friends.

Because newer tittles sometimes aren't always as good as the previous. Some people aren't sheep who follow behind hype. Sometimes newer content has less content than a older title. Sometimes people see a new tittle only exist to force people into a situation, to buy a new product. Because company only cares more about profits, and not about it's costumers. ECT... ECT... Cough Cough Gtsport

IMO they need to do something about turning GT6 online servers back on. Or allowing people to host there own so they can still play with there friends.
It would be good to have GT6 online server back on but that would be zero chance of that happening, because they want you to play the with the current online server stuff, and not the old stuff.

I play Gran Turismo games on PS2, PS3 and a PS4 but it is so hard to play with them all at once. So I decided to go with the PS4 with GT Sport, ok GT Sport lacks thing to do in the game but I think I am heading in the right direction to play GT Sport.

I really love playing old games like GT5 but when I play it for about 20 minutes, I close down the PS3 and fire up the PS4 to play GT Sports for some reason. and I can not put my finger on it to why I go and play GT Sport for.

I agree, unfortunately they decided to tie critical parts of the game to the online play to encourage us to go buy the new title and continue to use their online service which is expensive for them to operate. We don't need online service to play older titles so much as we need the critical portions of the games to be playable without the online service. I don't have any problem playing GT1-GT4, it is when we get to the online titles that we have problems. We live in an era where we no longer purchase software so much as we merely rent it until such time the developer decides we need to pony up more bucks in order to continue using their products. I choose to keep playing the older titles which are more fun and less drama that is inexorably linked to online play. I like the older cars better anyhow. I'm fortunate enough to still be able to play GT5 because I acquired most of the content while it was still available online. I'm able to keep GT5 alive that way but other than that, the game is unable to be resurrected for those who acquired it more recently, same goes for GT6, etc. That's unfortunate but it's the path that the developers chose. I mostly play GT2 and GT5, they were the most fun for me but GT4 is cool too. I would play that if I didn't have a completed copy of GT5. I think a lot of casual gamers would do better with GT4, it's a very good game.

Last edited:
thank you Jake, I have joined the discord. are u in it?
Yeah, but the people there should help you out, and it does increase the playability of GT5/6. But, most of the users there are active to help you out with it.

Back