What car did u start off with

• Thread starter Zero
  • 138 comments
If you buy the race-mod, the weight ends up the same whether or not you have bought the weight-reduction.

In a sense, buying weight reduction is a waste if you're eventually going to race-modify anyway.

The [size=+1]GT2[/size] requirement of full weight-reduction before race modification is allowed makes more sense, really.

What country, which version of [size=+1]GT1[/size] which cars?

Specifics? (i.e. actual figures?)

It pains me to say that i lost all my GT data in my memory card (it fell into a glass of ice tea). Fortunately, I have an extra card. And my new starter car is a 1990 Nissan Primera.

Originally posted by SportWagon
If you buy the race-mod, the weight ends up the same whether or not you have bought the weight-reduction.

In a sense, buying weight reduction is a waste if you're eventually going to race-modify anyway.

The [size=+1]GT2[/size] requirement of full weight-reduction before race modification is allowed makes more sense, really.
DOH! That's what I get for playing GT2 before GT1...most of the time, I hard-tune the cars (no race mod, so I have to used the Weight Reduction route.)

Thanks for the tip though; it'll save me some dough for cars that aren't fast enough for the Hard-Tuned Challenge.

Originally posted by pupik
DOH! That's what I get for playing GT2 before GT1...most of the time, I hard-tune the cars (no race mod, so I have to used the Weight Reduction route.)

Thanks for the tip though; it'll save me some dough for cars that aren't fast enough for the Hard-Tuned Challenge.
You can save even more dough because you can share your parts.

Buy three copies of a good car. Keep one unmodified. Hard-tune (weight-reduce, no race-mod) one. Now race-mod the other. You will find most parts are shown as Purchased, and if you go to a Change Parts screen somewhere, they are available for you to use. All you need to buy duplicates for is displacement increase (if the car takes one), port polishing and engine balancing.

That saves a lot of money in a "fast" game.

i started with a used RX-7.. then bought a used FD twin turbo and kept it for the rest of the game. beat the whoooooooole thing with it once it was finally race prepped. drifted aaaall the way!

I remember i first bought my playstation in Feb of 2000 just because I wanted to play Gran Turismo 1. I thought the Playstation games were totally crappy looking graphicswise and just wanted to play GT. I had already bought N64 two years earlier which blew playstation away graphicswise. But when I tried Gran Turismo at my friends house I knew the commercial hadn't been braggin everytime I saw it, at the time, All other racing games were like bugs on Gran Turismo 1's 230 mph windshield!!! I had to get it!! When I first played GT 1 I got a used red Supra then later on when I got more bux, I got a used the GTO twin turbo MR, which kicked ass later on in the game compared to the regular twin turbo for the simple fact that when you race modded the body, you got Red Wheels!! the regular Twin Turbo got lame White wheels. Remember this is GT 1 where you're stuck with whatever wheels Polyphony Digital decided to give you, no cool wheel shop yet. Then I beat GT 1 and got GT 2 in about April of 2000 and shockingly I did something completely unprecedented!! I started out buying the Used Supra, and then went on to buy a used 3000gt(GTO in Japan) needless to say, those are the best two cars to start out the games with if you know how to handle the FR Supra that is. No you cannot do intentional rally racing on pavement in GT 1 with an FR car like you can with the 3000gt and not spin out, it takes skill, I'm having a hard enough time keeping my C5R in GT3 from going sideways LOL!!! Ah playing GT 1 and GT 2, those were the days.

With his (and the next two GT games) I started off with a Miata. No, that wasnt my first choice when I first got the game (I headed straight to Dodge to get a Viper GTS, but i didnt notice that 10 grand on the bottom of the screen)

I started off with the Savannah Red RX7 (can't remember much else about it...) I never modded it, I just raced it in the Sunday Cup over and over while I bought and modified my brand new GTO Twinturbo 4WD (Yep that was my 2nd car) :D

If I started again I'd probably go for the Civic...

Back