What do you think PD will show at TGS?

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 579 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, we were promised something at TGS, like details on the livery editor, core game UI/features, etc.

I'm pretty sure we weren't ever promised such a thing by PD, and it was a promise powered by pure community speculation.

There was nothing new, so be it. I, personally, didn't expect anything much at all. The lower your expectations are at these events the more colorful the picture is.

Well at least they aren't cutting features or new stuff this time.

They probably are just like any other game developer but they're not doing it because they are douches or just because they want to. Some things might not work as planned so they have to be removed so that the game doesn't ship broken or bugged.

I'm pretty sure we weren't ever promised such a thing by PD, and it was a promise powered by pure community speculation.

No, Kaz himself said he would go into car customization a little more at TGS.

There was nothing new, so be it. I, personally, didn't expect anything much at all. The lower your expectations are at these events the more colorful the picture is.

Yes, we were promised info at TGS.

With each passing day the decision to hold on for one more year and release it on the PS4 seems to be the logical one.

Post #1...

An awesome new trailer - I think so. :)

A live demo of a new or improved feature (coursemaker or livery editer)- I think so.

A peak at the career mode?? - maybe?

4uczh21.gif

Last edited:
The title isn't important, I just meant with other studios you have three or even four public figures that will speak about and demonstrate the game at events like TGS. If you only have one and they can't make it, you're out of luck and that seems to be what happened here. No Kaz, nobody to demonstrate GT6 at TGS.

I don't know why we need "public figures" at all - there's already a PR and marketing team. Or do we need a "personality" to relate all of that to? Do we need a hero?

I jest, of course. I don't need to know everything about a game before I go into it (in fact, I prefer not to), but I respect that other people are different
I only need a few tidbits to pique my interest, then I'll wait for a non-spoilery and transparently subjective review and make a decision. GT is different in that I know far more about it than I would normally for any given game, but I'd still rather be surprised (not disappointed). I often buy things on impulse, too, but that's understandably hit-and-miss.

Anyway - how do we know that this lack of information wasn't planned? Is it really because Kaz isn't there (how do we know that he's not? If so, can we be sure that he's not going to be at all?)
This all sounds like previous events; people going off half-cocked before the event is actually over and all information fully disseminated. Granted, there was usually at least a trailer or something. There's a couple of journo-related things to surface yet, at least.

I don't know why we need "public figures" at all - there's already a PR and marketing team. Or do we need a "personality" to relate all of that to? Do we need a hero?

I jest, of course. I don't need to know everything about a game before I go into it (in fact, I prefer not to), but I respect that other people are different
I only need a few tidbits to pique my interest, then I'll wait for a non-spoilery and transparently subjective review and make a decision. GT is different in that I know far more about it than I would normally for any given game, but I'd still rather be surprised (not disappointed). I often buy things on impulse, too, but that's understandably hit-and-miss.

Anyway - how do we know that this lack of information wasn't planned? Is it really because Kaz isn't there (how do we know that he's not? If so, can we be sure that he's not going to be at all?)
This all sounds like previous events; people going off half-cocked before the event is actually over and all information fully disseminated. Granted, there was usually at least a trailer or something. There's a couple of journo-related things to surface yet, at least.

Well if we want coverage at public events like TGS we're going to need a public figure. I don't need to know everything about a game but I need the core details to make me decide on the purchase. With GTA V I just knew about the general gameplay, the 3 characters, the heists focus, the location. That was enough. So far I don't know anything about GT6 the game.

Embargo ends on December 6.

lol, so good!

This is all too funny. :dunce:

PD- "Want to know how good GT6 is?"

Mindless fans- "YEA, YEA, YEA!"

PD- "Great! Then just buy the game on December 6th. We promise it won't fail as hard as GT5. We promise we've learned our lessons and listened to our fans."

Mindless fans- "Oh, awesome! Yea, I can't wait for GT6. I'm sure you guys did your very best!"

Wow. CorvetteConquer must be really annoyed now. :scared:

But still. I'm really annoyed that nothing was shown. Such a freakin waste of time.

Well if we want coverage at public events like TGS we're going to need a public figure. I don't need to know everything about a game but I need the core details to make me decide on the purchase. With GTA V I just knew about the general gameplay, the 3 characters, the heists focus, the location. That was enough. So far I don't know anything about GT6 the game.

I don't think we do need a bespoke "public figure" for that at all. A member of the development team may perhaps present something, but that's not the same thing. And a good old fashioned press release (with media), or proper journalistic coverage, not regurgitated press releases, etc. is good (if even slightly preferable), too.

I think I knew more or less the same about GTA V 👍

EDIT: I feel like I know enough to be confident in GT6 (physics, primarily); details from a proper hands-on with the game from someone whose opinion and motivations etc. I "understand" would be enough for me to make a final decision.

Last edited:

PD- "Great! Then just buy the game on December 6th. We promise it won't fail as hard as GT5. We promise we've learned our lessons and listened to our fans."

Mindless fans- "Oh, awesome! Yea, I can't wait for GT6. I'm sure you guys did your very best!"

Sums it up quite nicely. I'm not so mindless now, so I'm not paying for anything until there is some actual evidence, besides great looking trailers that may not actually represent the final game, that GT6 isn't gonna suck as much as GT5. And would it kill them to make a Collectors Edition??? :ouch:

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the GT6 panel an entire 12 hours ago?

Why do we not have any news? :(

Perhaps tomorrow Jordan will put it up...

lol, so good!

This is all too funny. :dunce:

The GT 5.5 idea has becoming more and more convincing

=(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back