What do you wear on your feet when you play?

What do you wear on your feet when you play?

• Total voters
nothing on my feet as well.personally, I don't really have the habit of wearing anything on my feet while at home. unless it's for video recording purposed :D

Socks hehe.:D
Yeah I wear fairly thick socks...they have a smooth base so they don't get hatchy or anything.:)👍
Rusty*

Socks.. I like to be barefoot , but when I play. I need socks since I want the pedals to be clean.. not that my feet are dirty, but every person knows what bare feet can do ;)

old grandad style slippers,

they have no grip, dont fit me and they get caught on the pedals!

But they are so comfortable

Just a nice pair of comfy socks for me. Those shiny nice polished alloy pedals on the G25 look like they could do some damage if you slip,especially during neck and neck racing and your feet are going frantically on the pedals!

Last edited:
I wear just socks when using a wheel. The idea is that you don't have to worry about your feet sticking to the pedals, but you can still feel the pedal through the sock. at least, that's how I feel.

I wear just socks when using a wheel. The idea is that you don't have to worry about your feet sticking to the pedals, but you can still feel the pedal through the sock. at least, that's how I feel.

+1 👍

Sneakers! I just wear a pair of converse chucks. Used to race with just socks or bare feet with older wheels, but found with the G25 that shoes are much better to use, at least for me. Think its something to do with the heavier/metal? pedals the G25 has.

I use a very old pair of Boss trainers... close fitting, very thin soles.

I've tried driving in socks, but the pedal-sock-foot interface isn't solid enough for me to make tiny throttle adjustments... with socks only I can't feel if the pedal has moved a mm or my foot has just moved slightly within the sock or the sock has just slid very slightly on the pedal.

I use a worn out pair of 2 for $20 Sketchers. They are 90% exactly as my old Pumas. You just can't do barefoot on a G25 without choping your feet in half.

I use a very old pair of Boss trainers... close fitting, very thin soles.

I've tried driving in socks, but the pedal-sock-foot interface isn't solid enough for me to make tiny throttle adjustments... with socks only I can't feel if the pedal has moved a mm or my foot has just moved slightly within the sock or the sock has just slid very slightly on the pedal.

Congratulations for probably being the first person in the history of humanity to use the term "pedal-sock-foot interface" :lol:

Congratulations for probably being the first person in the history of humanity to use the term "pedal-sock-foot interface" :lol:

Thought the phrase might bring a smile to some people's faces when it 1st sprang to mind :)

I work for a HUGE multinational corporation... In corporate speak it would have been shortened to PFSI, and added to the company dictionary!

Last edited:
Thought the phrase might bring a smile to some people's faces when it 1st sprang to mind :)

I work for a HUGE multinational cororation... In corporate speak it would have been shortened to PFSI, and added to the company dictionary!

You owe it to the world to do exactly that 👍

dug up an old thread about this ....
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108706

spyrrari.

AHAHA I posted this in there

I'm currently rockin' some old Nike Huarache's with no laces in black leather / blue neoprene (really comfortable) like these

420072-1.jpg

But I am looking into maybe getting a pair of Vibram Five Fingers

1531798.jpg

You're clearly suffering from a bad PFSI ;)

Ok you got me mate .. I have no idea what PFSI stands for?? :P

oh! and those shoes/slippers with toes are crazy looking :sly: they look like someone made some slippers out of a pair of gorilla's feet haha :lol:

Latest Posts

Back