What do you wear on your feet when you play?

What do you wear on your feet when you play?

• Total voters
I went through 3 pairs of ankle socks on my G25 in about a week once. Each time I played I would finish to find a huge hole in the left sock. So, I switched to wearing slippers in the winter. Sometimes though, when I feel like being really bad, I'll wear nothing at all. It's so liberating.

I don't know what you could class these, if they are shoes or trainers. They are so light yet so snug fitted. I use them for driving in real life as well as game racing.

Cotton Traders makes them. No idea if they are similar to what F1 drivers use, but they feel great.

Only got a playseat recently to take advantage of the G25.

dscf5641lr8.jpg
dscf5640ia7.jpg

It's wierd, socks feel best on my DFP pedals.

Once or twice I've had to move my real car and I'd be in socks for a moments and driving that way just feels wierd. Probably because the real car's pedals are stiffer.

It's wierd, socks feel best on my DFP pedals.

Once or twice I've had to move my real car and I'd be in socks for a moments and driving that way just feels wierd. Probably because the real car's pedals are stiffer.

Thats it, I use socks for my DFP, the pedals are too light for anything else IMO.
I don't have driving shoes cos I ride a motorbike, but I like to put a sock on my right hand to emulate that nice DFP light and fluffy feeling.....lol

I do barefoot. Socks are too slippery since its metal. I guess the DFP is plastic so socks are ok. The only problem i have is that whenever i go on, the pedals are too cold!! :sly:

I do play alway with only socks or if I dont have some, I play barefooted

should put HIGH-HEELS on the choices :D

Socks for me too. I dont wear shoes inside the house and i dont like going barefoot on the G25.. it will get dirty.. :P

Last edited:
Moccasin slippers for me.
They have a rubber sole which is great for traction.
Warm in the winter too.
The link has a similar pair.

Race shoes. :)

Socks for me too. I dont wear shoes inside the house and i dont like going barefoot on the G25.. it will get dirty.. :P
lol, I was just scrolling down the list of comments and read this, I am the same, no shoes in house, and G25 gets used with socks.;)👍
R*

Oh gosh, I'm one of the only persons with flat feet here.
I train with light summer shoes, so I can have my supports under my feet.

When I really want to go for full control, like the 1-2 combination in Suzuka, I take shoes off (the pedals have a lot less resistance compared to real cars, and feeling with the feet seems essential to me). Can not be bothered to remove socks at that moment, so I keep those.

Maybe we can ask for a handicap system, for people that can not chose? Medical proof needed of course.

lol, I was just scrolling down the list of comments and read this, I am the same, no shoes in house, and G25 gets used with socks.;)👍
R*

There's no rule in my house, but I often parade around in socks, but I always put some shoes on for my G25. Just feels strange to me driving in just socks or barefoot even moreso.

There's no rule in my house, but I often parade around in socks, but I always put some shoes on for my G25. Just feels strange to me driving in just socks or barefoot even moreso.

There is a shoe rule at my house. I'm just the opposite of you, can't drive with shoes on or barefoot. Just don't have the feel of the pedals with shoes on. That is just me though, to each there own i guess.👍

The idea of wearing shoes in the house is dirty to me. Sorry, but I can't wear something on feet for outside and then wear them on my carpet. Socks make the perfect indoor feet companions.:)

The idea of wearing shoes in the house is dirty to me. Sorry, but I can't wear something on feet for outside and then wear them on my carpet. Socks make the perfect indoor feet companions.:)

I go for the same, except if you look at my trainers on the bottom (white underneath to) you'll see that they're perfectly white as new. I would never wear dirtied shoes on my G25, or around the house.

Back