What Phone Do You Have?

• Thread starter benzoboy
  • 2,513 comments
NP
@Kamuifanboy and @dice1998, how do you guys like the 5T?

I'm loving my 5 and 5T. Not a huge difference in performance between the two, but the cleaner looking front on the 5T is a huge upgrade in terms of aesthetics. Although I'm not sure about the fingerprint scanner on the back, I think I would prefer it on the side unlock and lock button instead.

NP
@Kamuifanboy and @dice1998, how do you guys like the 5T?

So far, I'm enjoying it but I haven't really messed with it much. The dedicated switch for silent mode threw me off after coming from phones that do not have it as well as dragging up for the app tray instead of a dedicated app tray button. These are minor gripes though.

Dash Charging is nice but with lack of dash charging...chargers, I'm "downgrading" to quick charging, which doesn't bother me much. Coming from the nice audio the ZTE Axon 7 to the single downward speaker on the t5 is a little off-putting but I'll survive.

I like the location of where the fingerprint scanner is mostly because i'm used to it from other phones

*edit* Oh and one thing I didn't like is that it doesn't have an SD Card slot.

Last edited:
Few issues with the S8 Plus, user error mostly.

S7 Edge, would randomly corrupt my SD Card. However the S7 made it seemless when transferring apps and files from the internal memory to the external memory.

S8 Plus... same thing. Except they convoluted the menus and you can't find the transfer feature, you gotta dig for it. The search option in the settings is useless.

I just bought an ATA 128GB 85 mb/s Class 10 SD card. I had an old Kingston 32GB SD (definitely had its run) so we'll see. I couldn't find a Samsung EVO 128GB because they were out of stock, and the 256GB was really expensive... I might return this and go for the 256GB we'll see or wait for the 128GB.

Apart from the SD card issues, which are mostly user failures, the durability of the AMOLED hasn't increased that much.

I've had the phone for about 6 months now and already I have screen burn-in. Again, user error, I slept with my WhatsApp chat open and I had left my hand on the screen... overheating the phone and causing the burn.

Not too bad though, considering the S7 Edge had a much more severe burn.

Overall though, it's a great phone, camera is great.

Last edited:
So I went from the S4, got the Nexus 6P, which had some issues with shutting off with 30%~ battery left, so I went to the Galaxy S8 last summer. Given that I dropped the Galaxy on an exit ramp of the NJ turnpike and it still works perfectly, I can't say I can complain too much.

Picked up an LG G4 Insurance replacement from eBay after seeing how cheap they go for. For $150 I can't complain, it does everything I need/want.

A friend recently upgraded to the Pixel 2 and it looks a lot better in person than in the pictures. I thought I would hate the large bezels and the two tone back.

Meanwhile, I'll be pre-ordering the new OnePlus 6 tomorrow. I'm really excited. I think it looks stellar even though it has a notch on top.

Also, I've been told that the next Google phone, Pixel 3, will have 960 fps slow mo (like the S9), a singular notch, and an even better camera than the Pixel 2.

LG V30, It's pretty good so far. It has a weird bug in software though, sometimes when I try to unlock it after longer inactivity it says that the phone has been inactive for more than 72 hours and that I can't unlock with fingerprint. And it DEFINITELY wasn't inactive for that long. :lol: It's very rare though, doesn't bother me one bit.

New phone a week ago, now have the Huawei P20 Pro (replacing my Nexus 6P) and have to say that I am very, very impressed with it.

Mainly bought for the camera side of things (all three of them, four with the front one) and that most certainly doesn't disappoint at all.

Some photo examples:

IMG_20180512_103509.jpg

With zoom:
IMG_20180512_104141.jpg

Digital zoom and tilt-shift effect:
IMG_20180512_213317.jpg

Night mode - this one uses a composite image from all three cameras, stabilizes them (as this was four seconds in duration) and the end result, given this is hand-held and illuminated from my house windows and a single street light around 30 feet behind me, is very impressive.
IMG_20180509_214637.jpg

Edited to add:
Front facing camera with 'stage' lighting mode:
profile3.jpg

Capture was set to 10meg, max is 40 and it will also shoot in RAW.

Last edited:
Using the "Leica Phone"... Huawei P9 with a case full of stickers on it.. Had it for almost 2 years and is still running strong.. Might upgrade it to the P20 later on during the year.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium. Durable AF. Always bought Sonys for this since I work on sites. Had Z3 plus, Z1, Z, T and S.

Last edited:
Not my place of expertise but I find they suit my needs well. They also have settings to adjust audio quality for headphones. As I only use £25 Sony Xtra bass headphones, I couldn't tell on the audiophile level.

I have the IPhone 8 plus but im ready to upgrade to the larger iphone x that's coming out later this year

Pixel 2 XL. A nice upgrade from a Samsung Galaxy Avant from about 4-5 years ago :lol:

Jerome

Google was fined $5 Billion US dollars today by the EU for filling Andriod phones with their own apps to stifle the competition and act as a gateway to funnel people into using its services. I wish many of Google's preloaded apps could be deleted because I don't use 90% of them.

Whats the headphone audio quality like on it?

I also have the xz premium and I couldn't be happier. Great phone. Audio is excellent. Also has noise cancelling capabilities.
Shame the new models are losing the headphone jack.
My previous phone was a Sony z1.
I must have dropped that thing a thousand times and it still worked the same as day 1 after 4 years of happy ownership.

Recently bought a red iPhone 8 Plus as an upgrade from my SE. The size is a bit inconvenient (a X would be perfect) but at the same time the bigger screen is nice and I'm glad I went for the Plus over the regular since I love the new cameras:

oWYP4Vf.jpg

U1xbVUM.jpg

HKtgVKD.jpg

Managed to drop my company iPhone 6 whilst on holiday a few weeks back, breaking the screen. Got back to work and ordered a replecement, which is now an iPhone 7.

So far, much better than the 6... battery life is significantly better, and I now have enough memory to at least have my full music library uploaded.

Bought a Mous case for it as well... company is owned by an old friend of mine and the cases are supposed to be indestructible.

Back