The latest version of Gran Turismo 5, version 2.01, has just been released. Weighing in at 112MB, it provides a number of bug fixes, patches, and tweaks. Here’s a complete change log:
[Major Changes and New Features]
– Compatibility of Kart Space I/II with cars other than racing Karts
It is now possible to race on Kart Space I/II of the DLC in cars other than racing Karts in online races and in the Free Run of Practice.
(In the one make races of the Arcade mode and Practice, the courses are still limited to racing Karts.)
– Expanded the car restrictions in the Online Lounge
It is now possible to simultaneously set [Car Restrictions], [Performance Points], [Power], and [Models] in regulation settings. ( [Vehicle Tuning] must be set to [Unrestricted] and [Car Restrictions] must be set to something other than [Select from Garage].)
– In the Open Lobby, it is no longer possible to vote to kick out the person who created the room. (If the player leaves the room after creating it then comes back, they are then subject to the vote.)
– Adjusted the force of the steering wheel returning to center after a race when using the “Guillemot T500RS”.
– Improved the steering model when driving racing Karts with the DUALSHOCK®3 Wireless Controller, to prevent overly spinning out.
[Correction of Known Issues]
– Corrected an issue where the BGM would stop playing when returning from the Lounge to the Open Lobby.
– Corrected an issue where if further engine tuning was performed on a car that already had engine tuning, the engine tune field would become incorrect when changing setting sheets.
– Corrected a discrepancy in the numerical figures in the setting sheets.
– Corrected an issue where wheels and horns would become different in every setting sheet change.
– Corrected an issue where the removal of aerodynamic parts and wings would not be implemented when changing setting sheets.
– Corrected an issue where the TCS and ABS settings would change when changing setting sheets.
– Corrected an issue where if a certain operation was performed when using a steering wheel controller with an H pattern gear shifter, the shift lever position, gear position display and the car operation would become mismatched. (On the Logitec G25 Racing Wheel, Logitech G27 Racing Wheel, and Guillemot T500RS + TH8RS Shifter.)
– Corrected an issue with the key assignments on the Logitech G27 Racing Wheel.
– Corrected an issue where the driver hand motion did not match the steering wheel motion.
– Corrected an issue where autopilot would not be disengaged after returning to the course, when resuming an endurance race where the pit lane was entered at overspeed before saving.
– Corrected an issue where the Practice ranking board would reset if the weather change/time change setting was changed when editing an existing track in the Course Maker edit screen.
– Corrected an issue where no courses could be saved in the Course Maker if the update (2.00) was installed without going through earlier updates.
– Corrected an issue where an error would occur at game start if the update (2.00) was installed on a system that has a save data that has never been updated from the first version.
– Corrected an issue with the Hybrid System simulation on the Toyota Prius G Touring Selection ’03, Toyota Prius G ’09, Toyota Prius Touring Car.
– Corrected an issue on the Ferrari F10’10, where drivers were experiencing random vibration.
– Corrected an issue where the wheel color would not appear correctly in pit work, if the wheel had been repainted.
– Corrected an issue where the [Reset to Default] button was not functioning on cars that originally come with turbo kits, when other turbo kits were installed.
– Corrected various other issues regarding the update and the DLC.
A special new “Online B-Spec Challenge” Seasonal Event, the first of its kind, has also been made available. As you might expect, the races are for your fastest B-Spec driver and take place at the following locations:
- 400PP High Speed Ring (5 laps), 125,000 Cr. Prize
- 500PP Rome City (5 laps), 170,000 Cr. Prize
- 650PP Tokyo Route 246 (10 laps), 220,000 Cr. Prize
Thanks to Brian for the early tip!
GT5 Photomode images by G.T.Ace.