When do you think Gran Turismo 7 will be released?

• Thread starter Brainhulk
  • 198 comments

When do you think Gran Turismo 7 will be released?

• Launch title

• Around the time they Sony anounces Playstation 6

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hello darkness my old friend :lol:

Seriously though. I would be very surprised to see a 2021 release. 2022 is far more realistic considering the history of the franchise. I'd like to see a more modular approach to the release to get it out as early as possible. Even if it meant only releasing with 1 track and 3 cars to begin with.

Apart from ray-tracing visuals I didn't catch much else in the trailer to make me think it could only be done on a PS5. No doubt Kaz and his team are still experimenting however I'm hoping to actually see the 'track creation from recorded GPS data' feature make an actual appearance this time round.

Early 2021. What was shown definitely didn't look finished but with how GTS was an evolving platform I think PD would consider repeating that and adding more to the game over time. Patches supposedly dont need to be copied for half an hour on PS5 so it wouldnt be as big of a hassle.

Nov/Dec 2021 I say. I think there was probably a plan for a fairly quick turnaround on this one, considering the disappointments people faced with GT6 and Sport. However, due to Polyphony being... Polyphony and COVID being ongoing I'd say then. Whenever it drops though, expect it to be towards the end of that year.

I was expecting launch or early 2021, but I didn't see anything that hinted towards a finished game during the PS5 showcase. If it's not coming within the next year or so, then that's a little ridiculous to me (they said they started development for GT Sport and GT7 concurrently). PD really needs to consider hiring another team/opening a third studio.
I’m not sure what you expected. It looked practically ready to ship bar the usual polishing with 6 months to go (if it hits PS5 launch). Only Ratchet had a bigger demo. Each launch game will receive multiple previews & interview sessions in the coming months. That’s when major features and selling points will be highlighted.

The only 1st party game given any sort of date was Spider-Man. They won’t announce launch title dates until the console itself is dated.

its more a date i hope for rather than a date i expect the game to be released! ;)

early 2021! :)

but hey, i wouldnt wonder if it will be christmas 2022!

I would say after the launch date or around Q2 2021 for a few reasons.

First reason, I picked up from the trailer the movement of the clouds on Trial Mountain possibly suggesting that dynamic weather is ready and integrated on most tracks, hopefully all. I don't remember a video that has ever showcased that.

Second reason, when I saw the used car dealership in the gameplay footage, I wondered how PD will get the most out of it. So, I have a suspicion (some will hate this) that it won't just be just the cars from GT Sport carried over, but duplicates like all those Mazda MX-5's and Nissan GT-R's to build the car numbers.

Third reason, they have acquired car models from Modelling Cafe meaning even more cars.

And the fourth reason, they were hiring 10-15 more employees months ago to help with landscape modelling, which PD are likely trying to put more attention on creating more content and getting those original tracks made.

I made a reddit post about connecting Next Level Racing to GT7.

To make a long story short they have been making post on IG about a new seat that is branded in PS colors and logs as they announced last year they have a partnership. There is a post back in January saying something on the lines of "who is excited for GT7 in 2020?" as well as the same seat with the #granturismo, and those post are still in the IG account but they took down the infamous "leak" back in may. why else would they make a PS branded seat the same year the PS5 will release unless a big racing title is coming out.. and as of right now the only racing games that are announced is Dirt 5 and WRC 8 (supposedly).

NLR knows more...

Gran Turismo needs outsourcing. They are trying too hard to fix a lot of problems by themselves. Imagine if we all could work on car modeling and track modeling and Polyphony only had to approve the models and fix whatever is not perfect. It would take far less time to add such a large collection of cars.

I think this because, for me, Gran Turismo has always been like my car library game. A simulator where I could try all the cars I would probably never drive in my life. I liked reviewing them, comparing against other similar and just get a feel of every car in the world. It is because of GT that I've learned so much about cars. And I would love to continue to learn about cars, and I mean all cars in the world. It would be great to have a huge car library that it is true to real life. This is clearly not achievable with the current team at Polyphony. GT needs to go Open Source!

the whole slip up and subsequent denial by NLR was pretty funny really, by the way the January post is here:

I would say it doesn't definately mean the game is releasing this year - At work we quite often set deadlines (sometimes for 3rd parties) earlier than they need to be just to reduce risk, could easily be the same thing here. Could also be it was scheduled for a release in 2020 but has slipped.. who knows.

Given they have GTS to base it on and it would seem they have already been working for 2, maybe as many as 3 years I don't think there will be a massive delay like we've seen in the past.

Gran Turismo needs outsourcing. They are trying too hard to fix a lot of problems by themselves. Imagine if we all could work on car modeling and track modeling and Polyphony only had to approve the models and fix whatever is not perfect. It would take far less time to add such a large collection of cars.

I think this because, for me, Gran Turismo has always been like my car library game. A simulator where I could try all the cars I would probably never drive in my life. I liked reviewing them, comparing against other similar and just get a feel of every car in the world. It is because of GT that I've learned so much about cars. And I would love to continue to learn about cars, and I mean all cars in the world. It would be great to have a huge car library that it is true to real life. This is clearly not achievable with the current team at Polyphony. GT needs to go Open Source!
PD have been outsourcing with Modelling Cafe. The only car known for this is the Honda S660 '15. As I have already mentioned on this thread, PD will likely have a lot more cars added in GT7 due to the outsourcing with Modelling Cafe. Its only questionable as to what cars they have outsourced.

the whole slip up and subsequent denial by NLR was pretty funny really, by the way the January post is here:

I would say it doesn't definately mean the game is releasing this year - At work we quite often set deadlines (sometimes for 3rd parties) earlier than they need to be just to reduce risk, could easily be the same thing here. Could also be it was scheduled for a release in 2020 but has slipped.. who knows.

Given they have GTS to base it on and it would seem they have already been working for 2, maybe as many as 3 years I don't think there will be a massive delay like we've seen in the past.

But then again I'd feel pretty pissed if some company I partner with not only leaks a game I have not announced yet and make statements that the game will be ready by the end of the year. I can imagine their own studio but an partner company?

PD have been outsourcing with Modelling Cafe. The only car known for this is the Honda S660 '15. As I have already mentioned on this thread, PD will likely have a lot more cars added in GT7 due to the outsourcing with Modelling Cafe. Its only questionable as to what cars they have outsourced.

Problem I have is with Circuits, they are made in house and take 9 months each... Possibly the weakness PD have

Problem I have is with Circuits, they are made in house and take 9 months each... Possibly the weakness PD have
Yeah, definitely. It baffles me how it takes 9 months. Heres me hoping with the extra man power PD has, they should have plenty of tracks making a comeback and some new tracks made shorter the time.

Has this been reported somewhere in an interview? I'd be curious to know how long it actually takes since they were releasing a track every other month for GTS for awhile.

Has this been reported somewhere in an interview? I'd be curious to know how long it actually takes since they were releasing a track every other month for GTS for awhile.

Yeah, they've said this many times even Turn10 said the same about Forza, 9 months.

Many of GT Sports circuit were updates to GT6, much faster process that having to recreate original tracks like Trial Mountain in GT7.

Still I don't really know how working with the PS5 is, whether they can brush mountains and terrain now speeded process?

This time they can‘t ship the game with low content so I think 2021 is realistic.

And yes no PS7 here before this game has its release.

You can have different people working on multiple tracks at the same time, so they can make multiple tracks in 9 months, just each one start to finish takes 9 months

You can have different people working on multiple tracks at the same time, so they can make multiple tracks in 9 months, just each one start to finish takes 9 months
Precisely, they don't work on a single asset at time, they have a large team of people working on cars, tracks, physics etc. Not one thing at a time.

But then again I'd feel pretty pissed if some company I partner with not only leaks a game I have not announced yet and make statements that the game will be ready by the end of the year. I can imagine their own studio but an partner company?

Absolutely, I can imagine there were several very tense phone calls / discussions !

Kind of surprises me really, you can only presume that the PR people who published the advert either didn't proof it before publishing or simply weren't aware of the embargo which was surely in place ? Amazing really.

31st of December I seen it on the internet CC9AA1EF-AA3E-466C-909D-489E7DA98A07.png

Back