Why do...

• Thread starter Shannon
  • 6 comments
most of the old cars look so ****ty in Gran Turismo 2 compared to real life. Example; the Datsun 240Z has to be one of the ugliest things in GT2 but looks pretty cool in real life.

:confused:

meh, the 240z dont really tickle my fancy in either GT2 nor in real life... from the rear end that is

i hate the cheap black plastic that surrounds the tail lights

Some of the worst looking old cars in GT2 that look great in real life are the '69 Camaro and the GT350 and GT500. The designers really screwed up with them and did a horrible job, they don't look anything like they do in real life. The Camaro looks too bulky in the game, and the GT350 is too roof-heavy, and if you didn't know much about Shelbys, the GT500 doesn't even look like a Mustang, it looks like they took the '67 Cougar and made it bigger.

They also completely screwed up the newer camaros too, and just made them shaped like a doorstop with the aerodynamics of a brick.

Why did the designs make some of the paintjobs say the name of the car across the car... :confused: That is like when you see a civic driving down the road and it says HONDA at the top of the windshield :rolleyes: "Well no S**T, Sherlock!" :lol:
-They really ruined the supra ('97 Turbo), because it is orange (The Fast and The Furious! 😈 ) but it says "supra" (not capitalized) down the side :(

-But over all, I think they did a very good job in the recreation of the vehicles. It is confusing sometimes, though, because some of the cars (imports especially) are designed to J-spec so the American or Euro body styles look different :smilewink:

Latest Posts

Back