Why is the Sambabus so important?

• Thread starter AJFast12
  • 251 comments
Will never understand why they would add this and not the E30 M3.
I’m guessing because they could just reuse the data they got for GT5 and release it quickly before adding cars that are new to the franchise and have to be made from scratch.

I’m guessing because they could just reuse the data they got for GT5 and release it quickly before adding cars that are new to the franchise and have to be made from scratch.
Good point that's probably the case,it just annoys me to see the E30 in the Bmw museum video yet not in the actual game,I hope they plan to add it later.

It’s a cult classic no doubt, and a very important car (using the word car quite loosely), maybe not as important as many other cars in my opinion. Even in my very humble opinion not as important as other vehicles from the brand... the mk 1 golf and mk 1 beetle, several older generation Audi motorsport variants for example. But this is all opinion of which is more relevant. In the very least it brings variety to the gt stable and amongst a fleet of vehicles (90% of which aren’t used in sport mode) that can’t be bad.

So one of the derivatives of a vehicle that was manufactured for over 60years and provided the means to transport goods/people cheaply and effectively in post-war Germany and even further afield isn't iconic enough?

I think it certainly is iconic, but not in a racing sim game, and absolutely not in place of other, more suitable racing/handling cars (like the Lotus Exige).

Maybe my point is best understood this way:

No one would deny that Coca Cola is iconic, but it doesn't belong in a gym, and certainly not in place of water.

:)

Iconic? For who? What year is this? That thing isn't iconic to 99% of the people playing the game. I'm 47 and it's not even iconic to me. It's crap, and shouldn't be included INSTEAD of better suited cars.

Cool. I'm 31 and find hypercars ridiculous. They shouldn't have any hypercars in the game at all, because all aspects of game design should revolve around me and only me.

Cool. I'm 31 and find hypercars ridiculous. They shouldn't have any hypercars in the game at all, because all aspects of game design should revolve around me and only me.

You're 31. Do you understand the concept of intent? Killing is killing, right? Then why are there degrees of murder? What's the difference?

The difference is intent.

All I'm saying is that inclusion of a VW bus doesn't fit with the overall intent of GTS better than the inclusion of a Lotus Elise/Exige.

That's my reasonable opinion based on the other facets of the game. If you have another opinion, that's fine, but it's not as reasonable, as it's not based on the other facets of the game...if it were...you'd agree with me.

Basically I'm saying I'm more reasonable than you. In a friendly way, of course :).

You're 31. Do you understand the concept of intent? Killing is killing, right? Then why are there degrees of murder? What's the difference?

The difference is intent.

All I'm saying is that inclusion of a VW bus doesn't fit with the overall intent of GTS better than the inclusion of a Lotus Elise/Exige.

That's my reasonable opinion based on the other facets of the game. If you have another opinion, that's fine, but it's not as reasonable, as it's not based on the other facets of the game...if it were...you'd agree with me.

Basically I'm saying I'm more reasonable than you. In a friendly way, of course :).

Your reasoning is flawed though, because Sports Mode isn't the only aspect of the game.

Fingers crossed they bring this bad boy back. I want to do sport mode one make races on the moon!

49F9802C-7174-4620-AA9B-4B92BC8C3267.jpeg

And I was just thinking about the Cyborg yesterday.

Doing these cars in proper fully rendered guise for One Make series. I think it would break the net.

OMG I WANT TO SEE A ONE MAKE FOR THE SUZUKI SWIFT

Well, I'd say he has a point. A little too specific though, Lotus in general would be more at home in the game than the Sambabus. We'd get a road car, Gr.4, and Gr.3. Regardless if Sports Mode isn't the only part of the game, it's the leading feature.

Well, I'd say he has a point. A little too specific though, Lotus in general would be more at home in the game than the Sambabus. We'd get a road car, Gr.4, and Gr.3. Regardless if Sports Mode isn't the only part of the game, it's the leading feature.
It would've happened.

But then it disappeared after the closed beta.

You are incorrect. A Lotus road car would be more at home in any part of this game vs a VW bus. This is just a non-negotiable truth.

giphy.gif

Any car can be at home in this game, really.

Lotus would be a great addition to GTS because they genuinely have cars which would naturally sit in all of the classes Nxxx, GT4, GT3 and GT1 without mass duplication or a huge leap of fantasy like VW. Elise, Exige, Evora, maybe the Esprit GT1 tamed down to GT3 spec, and the mental Elise GT1 in all its top class glory.

I can understand why the collectors and photo takers would be happy about the bus, but I also feel like it's a bit too niche when resources are being spread so thinly.

Do we know which of the other GT6 models are ripe for easy conversion to GTS? I'd hope for the McLaren F1 GTR, and some of the GT500s for starters, but I imagine the new GT League will require more road car choice.

Back