Will GT6 have Porsche in it?

• Thread starter alstigy
  • 586 comments
Sony, SCEI or Polyphony Digital haven't announced "GTMovie".

Movie sites picked up an rumour about top-tier producers related to Sony Pictures being involved in project tied to GT game series.

You can interpret that as you like and those "movie sites" interpreted it from angle they're comfort with.

Regarding Porsches, situation is very ingeresting.

good point but are they (pd,Sony) are going to wait until the last minute to announce Porsche in gt6? From there history anything is possible but still .........

Downhill Dino
If I recall correctly, none of them ran with that livery at the time of their use.

Even if they did, that race car only raced in the 90s and Forza never existed then. And maybe PD found no interest in that car then.(GT1-2 era).

This has probably been discussed here since it appeared on Top Gear*, but the Singer Porsche 911 just has to be on the game.

*after it was showcased by Chris Harris. On the current (now past) season on every episode there's been a Chris Harry segment.

This has probably been discussed here since it appeared on Top Gear*, but the Singer Porsche 911 just has to be on the game. *after it was showcased by Chris Harris. On the current (now past) season on every episode there's been a Chris Harry segment.

IsSsinger it's own manufacturer?

Is it? The car is practically built from scratch, including the body.

http://singervehicledesign.com/

Singer Vehicle Design restores and modifies existing Porsche automobiles.

They change basically everything, but for various reasons they're considered modified Porsches.

RUF is different. For various reasons they're considered a unique manufacturer who happens to use parts sourced from Porsche to make cars that strongly resemble Porsches.

I'm sure someone at some point in this thread has gone through the reasons why, so I won't rehash it.

Porsche_Challenge_Cover.jpg

I was reminded of this yesterday... Does anyone know if this was an exclusive license to Sony in the same way in it is now to EA?

Brilliant game, physics are at least as good as, if not better than GT1/2 IMHO.

In Goodwood near the mansion you can see 3 tall bent towers the three of them have a Porsche, but in GT6, it looks like they have not included the towers, could this mean their will be no Porsche?.

Porsche_Challenge_Cover.jpg

I was reminded of this yesterday... Does anyone know if this was an exclusive license to Sony in the same way in it is now to EA?

Brilliant game, physics are at least as good as, if not better than GT1/2 IMHO.

That was one of the last games released with Porsches in it before EA started their exclusive deal. Sony didn't have an exclusive license, it was just like any other car license done today.

In Goodwood near the mansion you can see 3 tall bent towers the three of them have a Porsche, but in GT6, it looks like they have not included the towers, could this mean their will be no Porsche?.

No, that's because Goodwood has an unique monument for a certain car manufacturer each year. This year's monument celebrates Porsche's 50th anniversary. GT6's Goodwood was (probably) modelled last year thus it has last year's Lotus monument instead.

Sony needs to say that if EA won't let Porsches into GT, EA games won't be sold on their systems. They'd both suffer a loss, but all EA cares about is making money, and I doubt they'd risk it. I'm okay with it, it's not like the new Need for Speed or Battlefield will be too different from the last.

Sony needs to say that if EA won't let Porsches into GT, EA games won't be sold on their systems. They'd both suffer a loss, but all EA cares about is making money, and I doubt they'd risk it. I'm okay with it, it's not like the new Need for Speed or Battlefield will be too different from the last.

That's extortion/blackmail.

Why would Sony risk huge losses and burning bridges by doing that when GT is their best selling franchise without Porsche?

I'm okay with it, it's not like the new Need for Speed or Battlefield will be too different from the last.

It's not like GT6 is going to be massively different from 5, either.

Fighting fire with fire will end poorly; we want less of EA's exclusivity approach, not to encourage more.

That's extortion/blackmail.

It's business and it's perfectly legal in that context. It's not good business however, one rarely wins anything by drawing a line in the sand like that. Money usually resolves these kinds of issues, just a question of how much.

I am not saying this has happened, but for discussion sake, what if PD and EA did make a deal for Porsche? That deal could have included that a deal will not be made with Turn10 for x amount of years. This could be the reason F5 will not be getting Porsche. PD has surprised us and disappointed all of us in the past. This may be one of the surprises.

I believe this to be true, Kaz said they were setting up collaborations with other game companies. I expect a Porsche announcement next week.

I'm just going to summarize the deal with Porsche not being in any GT; EA is a greedy company that doesn't like to share and likes to ruin everything.

Gt could technically nab Nissan as an exclusive manufacture =p death blow to the NFS series who has always had nissans in there games quite extensively

I believe this to be true, Kaz said they were setting up collaborations with other game companies. I expect a Porsche announcement next week.

And you have proof for this where?

I would like to see a source for that too. It sounds quite far fetched right now for PD to have a collaboration with Porsche or EA.

I would like to see a source for that too. It sounds quite far fetched right now for PD to have a collaboration with Porsche or EA.

"We mentioned it a little bit at the Silverstone announcement a few weeks ago but we want to affect more industries outside of just the game world, and we're setting up a lot of collaborations with a lot of different game companies right now, as we speak," Yamauchi reminded. "I think those are some of the most interesting things coming up for GT6."
This was from an interview at e3 but it could be a mistranslation because it doesn't sound quite right to me.

Thing is, Porsche is very likely not mentioned. They weren't mentioned at all so I don't see any sign that points to it happening next week.

Back