Words I Hate

• Thread starter Liquid
  • 1,238 comments
President

I have always hated the way it sounds and the way it looks. It should not be the word used by so many countries for their top executive and/or sovereign roles.

Cringe
Stink
Feet
BiblicalReaper
FouseyTube
School
Gammon (hate the word not the food lol)
Feelings
Fancy
Literature
Fail
No
Poo
I could go on & on... But now if there's one thing I can't stand it's those words!

I think so many of the words hated by people are for their connotations rather than the actual sound of the word.

Though this thread thread is for any word hate I feel that I can't hate words for their association but for their sound.

Like "grunt"; I don't have anything against its meaning I just don't like the way it comes out of my mouth.

Jaw-dropping

It's become synonymous with "clickbait".

And of course the ever-popular "you won't believe what happens next".

Interesting.

The word is fine but I use it way too much as my default adjective when I don't really know what to say.

"Snowflake"

Is that really the only name to call someone being "overly sensitive"? Getting really tired of everyone calling each other that.
In context, the way it's used these days, I think it's supposed to be annoying. In other words, if someone is calling you "snowflake", they're trying to piss you off even more. Even still, it's definitely a terrible word.

'Member when "snowflake" was just something out of Fight Club, and not a lazy insult for conservatives? I 'member.

In context, the way it's used these days, I think it's supposed to be annoying. In other words, if someone is calling you "snowflake", they're trying to piss you off even more. Even still, it's definitely a terrible word.

I find it to be more annoying due to people being unimaginative. Considering the use of it meaning how fragile people can be. As @DK said, it's more of a lazy insult. Only so many times you can make a funny joke before everyone else uses it and dilutes it. If you're going to make fun of someone, at least be creative and clever.... Which, these people are not.

DK
'Member when "snowflake" was just something out of Fight Club, and not a lazy insult for conservatives? I 'member.

b4e-HDWoZXUe3QPgJKaqkUXcfI9TaEbRLWcABPpo_BVCpFIvCr5MEelaLZS0ub64hphxug43RURa4G6tCVyJcIkL9-eTpKn2NU-LatLCpdZbpoyAC9bXrmuKYI4=w406-h362-nc

I hate the way the word Chic is said.

Sounds too much like Shriek.

Also, I sometimes can't say the word Specific. Hate that word. Specifically is even worse.

Hearing the word 'niche' pronounced "nich". It probably isn't wrong to do so but it just doesn't sound right to me.

Back