Worst car in gt1

• Thread starter gordon gt
  • 185 comments
first post on the forum.

I do believe it has to be the DB7... both the coupe and the volante are the most expensive (non special) cars being sold and just suck. they're miles away from the top GT's from the other manufacturers.

cheers!

Mazda Demio LX-G Package - A car that's written itself into Gran Turismo folklore. It's so bad, it actually has to be in the game.

Aston Martin DB7 Coupe - An overpriced, underwhelming, underperforming collection of useless polygons. And the Volante is so ugly

Honda NSX GT2 LM - Never got around to being able to use it. Twitchy mo'fo'

Honda CR-X del sol LM - Same problem as the NSX, but multiplied. An unbelievably high centre of gravity made it awful on bumps and kerbs

Toyota AE86 Trueno/Sprinter - I hated them on GT1. Always have, always will. "But... the hachi is a legend!" Yeah well it was as adept at racing on GT1 as William Taft doing the hurdles

Cars I only hated in the hands of the AI

[R] Mazda Lantis - I actually like this car. It's a fun little rollerskate and looks stunning in green. However, under the control of the AI (hence the [R] designation), it was... abominable. Ridiculously slow. Attacked corners like it was on ice skates navigating a brick wall, and was just as competative.

[R] Honda NSX Type S Zero - Same problem as the CR-X LM, but even worse. Only GT1's physics stopped it rolling over. If you've ever watched a replay of it under the stewardship of the AI, it does that horrible repetative revs thing, "Wrrruuu, wrrruuu, wrrruuu..." because it just couldn't extract any power from the 400hp or so engine. Goddamn that was annoying.

Well, I would nominate the Griffith for its appearance in the IA license tests (first time i bought GT1 a few months ago, I couldnt get the license because of the Griffith races :banghead: )

I stopped playing GT1 because of it, I finally got back into it after lots of experience, after I got bored of GT2 because of its difficulty.

I still found the Griffith to be one of the clumsiest machines I have driven, despite my love for TVRs. My opinion is mixed on it, that or the Galant VR-G Touring (The VR-4 is one of my faves in the game, though). :)

The Griffith is one of the best handling cars in the game! It's got a superb feel to it.

The Griffith is one of the best handling cars in the game! It's got a superb feel to it.

I guess, I never used it after my experiences with the I-A tests... Im going to take your word for it, thanks! :) I'll try it out later, the Griffith was the only TVR I have never used, and seeming as I was able to control the Speed 12 in GT2, perhaps some of my TVR love can help me use this car properly.

I guess, I never used it after my experiences with the I-A tests... Im going to take your word for it, thanks! :) I'll try it out later, the Griffith was the only TVR I have never used, and seeming as I was able to control the Speed 12 in GT2, perhaps some of my TVR love can help me use this car properly.

You just need to be delicate with it. The [R] Griffith is my #1 competitior in the UK vs. series.

The Demio A-Spec is a legend! How could it not be a success?!

Whilst I admit the actual car itself was pretty poor, the amount of 'early day' 2P racing I did with my mates when we first bought GT, was pretty much all done in the Demio A-Spec because it was such a hoot to drive once fully modded!

I reckon the Demio is timeless! One of the all-time GT classics!

I always loved how it would always almost flip over in corners :lol:.

That thing was, and still would be fun to drive if my GT1 disc worked.

Is the GT1 the turbo or non-turbo version?

NTSC-NA has the turbo NSX, PAL has the non-turbo NSX. I always did hate the non-turbo NSX in GT1 but I've never driven the turbo version.

Strange, on the North America version it was called the NSX-R LM GT2 and didn't have a turbo as far as I remember. I thought it was NTSC-J that had the turbo NSX.

Worst car? Maxed out GTO. I know, it's fast, but that's about it. It's simply power without anything else. All power, all plower. It screams UNDERSTEER in capital letters! And it's too heavy. Great for the Test Curse, but that's about it. I prefer something more nimble. The FTO is better for me. Sure it has less power, but is still awesome, simple because it handles so great. Much lighter too.

There, I said it. I hate the GTO, even if I do cheat sometimes.

Dont ever touch mighty Demio! :-)

That Galant is the worst car to have (or to upgrade, since it has almost none upgradeability).

This is my 400th post.

Last edited:
From all the cars I've driven in GT1 so far, my award for the Worst car goes to the DB7s. They're way overpriced for what they deliver IMO.

P.S: I saw someone mentioning the 20B Cosmo back in the thread. Actually, it's not such a bad car to drive, even when fully modified. Yes, it will fishtail sometimes, but with 600+ hp under the hood it's normal, I guess. With a set of soft tires and some suspension tuning you can rectify this. I personally have one such 20B Cosmo at my disposal and I know what it is capable of (I won the Hard Tuned contest 6 times with it). The only real problem is the gearing - you need to extensively tune that and you MUST use manual shifting - it helps extracting the real potential of the car even more.

The Mazda Demio, whatever the model is terrible...

Your point of view is correct in some ways (grr... LX-G Package...), but not totally. I remember that the Demio A-Spec was a breeze to drive (and, of course, to sell:sly:) and I remember too trying to flip the Demio A-Spec in the last corner of Trial Mountain with my brother.

... only to find out that GT1 doesn't let cars flip...:guilty:

Anyways, I have to say that I personally hated the Subaru Alcyone SVX. For a 4WD car, it was kinda lame and shallow. It was like it would simply give up on life.

Toyota Soarer GT-T - i never knew the accurate tuning of its chassis; this car is almost uncontrollable. I tamed all MRs, but Soarer is an exception.

Subaru Alcyone SVX - too heavy after the weight reduction; when fully modded, however the handling was stupid

Last edited:
The Toyota Chaser LM Edition sucked hard for me. Couldn't turn at ALL. It's embarrasing when you get beat by the stock Dodge Copperhead in the US vs Japan cup. :scared:

The Toyota Chaser LM Edition sucked hard for me. Couldn't turn at ALL. It's embarrasing when you get beat by the stock Dodge Copperhead in the US vs Japan cup. :scared:

How did you manage to lose with that?The car is not THAT bad.I can handle it but, losing to a default Copperhead?

That only means one thing.You've got to train more harder in the game.The first time I got that car, that handling wasn't that good, but with more days of using it, you realize it's a good car.At least for me.

My kind of worst car is the Aston DB7. Got one as a prize (it was maroon and I still store it in my garage because it has bad*** wheels). That car is DAMN twitchy to an extent that I only scored 1:19 at GV East, equal to a Toyota MR2 GT-S (I tested it yesterday, and yeah, the handling pissed me off).

Back