Worst car in gt1

• Thread starter gordon gt
  • 185 comments
GT2:The modified TRD Chaser Sports X30 is also very intimidating.

GT2: The TS020 and the Chaser are similar in power (a full-blown Chaser, that is), but 800 pounds on the GT-One can't and won't lie.

GT1: Still far from the worst car, though. That would be the Lantis or the Mirage.

I believe race-mods of the other [size=+1]GT1[/size] Chasers are somewhat fun, too. Actually my records suggest I'm thinking of the used Tourer V (not S).

The NSX JGTCs are really hard to control on banked turns. I find it to be a good waste of Cr. since no matter what I try, I can't tame it on the banked turns. I feel much better just tuning a NSX. I guess the bumpiness of the banked turns plus the MASSIVE downforce causes it to lose control like that. :indiff:

The NSX really got lots of haters....

I would lower the spring rate and raise the ride height to deal with bouncing on banked turns. And like you said, lower downforce. Setting dampers to around 2 2 sometimes also helps.

It's not a bad car or a waste of credit. The default settings are the one to blame. A few tweaks and it would be no problem :).

Excellent point.

The NSX is also lower and sleeker than any other car in the game, so what more can I say, it looks sharp. The MR layout should not really add up to the overly nervous behaviour of the NSX.

The NSX really got lots of haters....

Hey not me! ANything but! The NSX (in gT1 especially) is like that slick brother who's alot of fun at the party, yet likes to gamble and doesn't seem to care if he takes you down with him. But you love him anyways.

Well I'm not targeting you Parnelli, it's just a generalized comment. You see, whenever we start to move on to another car in this thread, someone would say the NSX is uncontrollable, etc, etc. Those people probably also hates the GT90 and Speed 12 in GT2. I don't have anything against those people, it's just unfair for the NSX to be put down like that when it's such a great car. The GT1 modelling of the NSX is partly to blame too, there's no way the car would be that nervous under braking in real life. If the NSX in GT1 is portrayed like the NSX in GT2, much more tamer and less twitchy, I'm sure there wouldn't be as many people hating it. It's a car that deserves respect after all.

Yeah, I do like the NSX but not on the Test Course or Super Speedway etc. I can handle a Speed 12 on those tracks with ease, the GT90, you just got to get used to it's tricky handling! :)

Even with tweaking I have trouble with the NSX though. I know MR is supposed to oversteer in braking but not like this... It's one of the only cars that I just can't tune right (even with higher ride height and stuff). Spent a whole hour trying to get it right today but I only improved it slightly.

Well yeah banked corners are killer for MR cars. So I share your rants there. Still though, the NSX will do really well on all other tracks.

Also, I always said this, if you can't make a car behave by changing its settings then try changing your driving style. It works for me everytime, becase I'm practically clueless at tuning, so what I do is adjust my driving to go faster.

For the NSX, a driving style of braking hard and using drift helped. I was able to take on all comers in my LM NSX (the irony of what I said!), and, later, in my modified 1993 NSX using it.

Correct. The secret to driving the NSX is to minimise the time you spent applying the brakes, because that would just unsettle the car. Most of the time a simple lift of the throttle will do. And forget trying to grip, you'll just end up messing your racing lines. Drift and countersteer, that's all you need with this car.

Correct. The secret to driving the NSX is to minimise the time you spent applying the brakes, because that would just unsettle the car. Most of the time a simple lift of the throttle will do. And forget trying to grip, you'll just end up messing your racing lines. Drift and countersteer, that's all you need with this car.

Is that so?💡 I'm going to have to try that when I play GT1 next time, thanks!

Yes that's pretty much all you need to know when driving the NSX, the rest is just practice and getting used to.

The NSX makes the TVR Cerbera LM feel positively tame, but the front-engine rear-drive layout of the British car explains it. So how is that NSX working out, gtmaster08?

No other car can be driven like the NSX in the game. On topic, besides the Lantis, the Subaru Legacy wagons somehow fail to impress.

The NSX makes the TVR Cerbera LM feel positively tame, but the front-engine rear-drive layout of the British car explains it. So how is that NSX working out, gtmaster08?

No other car can be driven like the NSX in the game. On topic, besides the Lantis, the Subaru Legacy wagons somehow fail to impress.

Oh man, i dug the Legacy wagons...i still do! :D I guess part of it is my sister has an Outback in real-life; and i've worked on it (all new brakes + various maintenance) and driven it many times.

But i like it in the game, too! Soemthing about killing competition...in a mommy-wagon! :D

The Cerbera LM is one of the easiest handling cars, of course it would feel tame compared to the NSX.

The Legacy Wagon, although I agree could be better, is certainly an okay car given its size and weight. It's not much behind the sedan version in terms of performance.

Well the wagon isn't as efficient to drive as the sedan or coupe, of course. But (of course) that's why i dig it! Legacy wagons slide around a bit more...more oversteer and stuff. :)

Perhaps I should drive wagons more. It is clear that I have not discovered their inherent potential.

Aston Martin DB7 everywhere else, though it looks sharp.

Problem with Astons are, they have too much weight. They are high performance luxury cars, not throughbred racers. The extra comfort tid-bits are what slows them down. Otherwise they're an excellent car.

At least it was comfortable coming 6th or 5th in every US vs. UK race... Ah what the, I could as well do another lap :)

I liked the special colored ones from Megaspeed Cup

...hmm btw have you tried the biggest Lexus in GT2, don't remember what it was called, 600-serie or something... that was one of the most comfortable rides in GTs I have driven so far, with a wheel. Like a sail boat or something :)

Yeah, a burgundy DB7 definitely rocks 👍.

About the Lexus, I've only driven one in GT2 so far, and it's a long time ago. If I remember it's the Aristo V300 or something. It's orange when RMed and has ~600 hp fully-modded. Goes like a rocket despite its size, and stable too.

At least it was comfortable coming 6th or 5th in every US vs. UK race... Ah what the, I could as well do another lap :)

I liked the special colored ones from Megaspeed Cup

...hmm btw have you tried the biggest Lexus in GT2, don't remember what it was called, 600-serie or something... that was one of the most comfortable rides in GTs I have driven so far, with a wheel. Like a sail boat or something :)

'biggest lexus i drove was the GS400...i'm not sure if that's the absolute biggest in GT4, but it does drive like a boat sometimes. 👍

Luxury cars that succeed in real life often fail in the GT series.

The Aristo is an excellent car, though. I believe it is also known as the Lexus IS300.

Luxury cars that succeed in real life often fail in the GT series.

That's because they're not meant to go racing, putting luxury cars on a racetrack is like putting a fish on a desert :lol:.

The Aristo is an excellent car, though. I believe it is also known as the Lexus IS300.

I thought the Lexus IS300 is just another variant of the IS200 (which is an Altezza, not Aristo) :confused:.

is300=altezza
6ykz6v.jpg

gs300/400= aristo
14lni2p.jpg

20u9vyw.jpg

SC300/400=soarer
2q35cf5.jpg

Back