Worst car in gt1

• Thread starter gordon gt
  • 185 comments
Thanks for clearing that up 👍. I've always hated car names based on numbering, too confusing and you can't really remember them well (as opposed to word naming). Except for Ferrari's numbering system, which is a bit easier to remember since they're based on the engine size and number of cylinders.

Me too, should of just kept the japanese names. I know what some of the letters mean LS=lexuary sedan SC=sports coupe and usually with the lexus 300=6 cyl and 400 is a V8 but the is300 is a 4 cylinder so ya..dumb renaming.

300=6 cyl and 400 is a V8 but the is300 is a 4 cylinder so ya..dumb renaming.
Actually it makes full sense but you got the designation a bit wrong, the Altezza model is IS200, not IS300 and has an inline four. The IS300 indeed has six cylinders.

I dont think the 200 no, because i was looking them up online to buy and all all i could find was the Is300 and IS250 and those are the 2nd gen.

Right. It was the IS300 in North America, the IS200 in Europe. The platforms are almost the same, but it is mostly the exterior, as seen in GT2.

The Aristo should be the GS300, then. I simply forgot that.

Upon looking into this a little bit, the IS200 had a 2 liter, any Lexus with a 300 is a 3 liter and ya 400s have 4 liters, but ya enough about this lol, I'm stealing this thread.

You know, I think that a fully tuned Cosmo20BTypeE [R] is kind of hard to control. After all, I know that FR's have a good tendency to fishtail, but the Cosmo REALLY tends to fishtail a lot! Wouldn't you agree?

You know, I think that a fully tuned Cosmo20BTypeE [R] is kind of hard to control. After all, I know that FR's have a good tendency to fishtail, but the Cosmo REALLY tends to fishtail a lot! Wouldn't you agree?

Never drove a Cosmo (what a chick name!) but i can imagine what you're talking about.

I drove it today. It was actually a brutally heavy car, and only broke its tail loose under hard braking. It was a nightmare getting it around Trial Mountain, the course I was testing it on. I must have strained something trying to wrestle it around corners, and I have a DS2!

gtmaster08, what were your equipped parts and settings?

The worst car in Gran Turismo was the Aston Martin DB7 - by far the biggest blowhard boulevard cruiser ever made. Can't turn a corner to save it's life, hasn't got the horsepower to pull a dead dog and looks like an overweight whale.

Not pretty, not good.

The worst car in Gran Turismo was the Aston Martin DB7 - by far the biggest blowhard boulevard cruiser ever made. Can't turn a corner to save it's life, hasn't got the horsepower to pull a dead dog and looks like an overweight whale.

Not pretty, not good.

....so we gather you're not a fan? :sly:

Been busy for a while now, but finally I'm back...

I never drove the Cosmo either, and I can imagine how it will handle given it's such a heavy car, but I think it's got some potential as it can keep up with the Megaspeed crowd.

New Levin & Trueno...certainly not the worst cars, but in comparison to the AE86...yes it fails badly. FF and not FR, and heavier and uglier.

The Aston DB7, needless to say, is the most disappointing, but far from being the worst. I've won lots of Country VS Country Championships with it. It's hard fought, yes, but certainly possible. And that doesn't make it as bad as, say, a Lantis.

Actually I'm a big Aston Martin fan, but not of the 335bhp Volante featured in GT1. Does it get any more ridiculous? Power to weight figures were tardy, acceleration was sub-standard, handling was pathetic.

The Lantis on the other hand isn't a bad front wheeler. What's wrong with the Lantis?

Actually I'm a big Aston Martin fan, but not of the 335bhp Volante featured in GT1. Does it get any more ridiculous? Power to weight figures were tardy, acceleration was sub-standard, handling was pathetic.

The Lantis on the other hand isn't a bad front wheeler. What's wrong with the Lantis?

I remember dumping alot of money into my Lantis, and still not being able to win the lowly Clubman. :lol: Even the info sheet at the dealer flat-out describes the Lantis as being difficult to drive, understeery, and not a good choice.

...of course, this was all 4 years ago when i was doing GT1. Maybe my skillz have improved to the point that the Lantis isn't as bad as i remember.

Given what I have heard from the likes of many people, maybe not. I was thinking that a sub-2000lb weight and 326 horsepower would help get the humble Lantis somewhere.

Yes the Aston is ridiculous for its price, probably the most overpriced car in the game, but it's by no means a bad car. You can win some competitive races with it if you tune it.

The Lantis is not bad either, but it has lots of understeer which handicaps it against cars of the same class, which makes it sort of useless (but not as useless as the Clio in GT2).

Yes the Aston is ridiculous for its price, probably the most overpriced car in the game, but it's by no means a bad car. You can win some competitive races with it if you tune it.

The Lantis is not bad either, but it has lots of understeer which handicaps it against cars of the same class, which makes it sort of useless (but not as useless as the Clio in GT2).

I would agree. The Lantis isn't totally useless. It's not as bad as the Clio 16v. I just thought i would be able to take it farther into GT1 than i did.

...you admit the Demio as a success then? :sly:

The Demio A-Spec is a legend! How could it not be a success?!

Whilst I admit the actual car itself was pretty poor, the amount of 'early day' 2P racing I did with my mates when we first bought GT, was pretty much all done in the Demio A-Spec because it was such a hoot to drive once fully modded!

I reckon the Demio is timeless! One of the all-time GT classics!

The Demio A-Spec is a legend! How could it not be a success?!

Whilst I admit the actual car itself was pretty poor, the amount of 'early day' 2P racing I did with my mates when we first bought GT, was pretty much all done in the Demio A-Spec because it was such a hoot to drive once fully modded!

I reckon the Demio is timeless! One of the all-time GT classics!

I wasn't criticizing the Demio, actually. I was asking killer450235 his opinion of it. By saying the Lantis is "the only Mazda that fails", he is (in effect) saying all other Mazdas in the game are successes; including the lowly Demio.

Most peeps online just say "ah, the Demio blows!" I'm not one of them. I think it's definately a stalwart in the GT family. A game without Demios isn't a GT game, at this point. :lol:

Yeah that's very true Parnelli, a GT game without a Demio won't be the same, but the only Demio for me has been the Mazdaspeed A-spec - only ever featured in the original? Or was it in GT2 as well?

Yeah that's very true Parnelli, a GT game without a Demio won't be the same, but the only Demio for me has been the Mazdaspeed A-spec - only ever featured in the original? Or was it in GT2 as well?

See, i've driven and raced regular Demios as well! The GLX. The G Package! :lol:

There is a Demio A-spec in GT2, but the website i'm looking at doesn't list it as a "Mazdaspeed" Demio. It's gotta be the same, tho..it's a prize in gT2, but i forget which race you win it from. Probly the Compact Car races or something.

Back