Worst Sounding Cars in GT6

The engine sound is pretty similar to me, it's just that the GT6 doesn't have the "effects"..
1485.gif

99.9% of cars with race exhaust. Sports exhaust is usually the best one. On the '13 Vipers it makes them sound truly like Vipers.

But anyway, the worst for me has got to be the Mercedes Vision GT Race. That does not sound like a V8. :s

I would have to say one of the gtr lm mclaren f1s they sound amazing in real life but in gt5 and gt6 they sound horrible

In comparison to the real one:

It seems you made the same mistake PD did all the way back in GT4. The CLK-LM has a 6.0L V8, the CLK-GTR has a 6.0L V12.

-------------------

I personally think the most atrocious sound in GT6 is the Corvette C5-R.

GT6.

The real thing. Although, the ZR1 LM race car is "better", it still isn't correct.

Last edited:
Don't laugh yet...Just hear for yourself..
No EQ boost of any combination of frequency ranges can change the incorrect impulse chain, and even if it could it wouldn't change anything about the sound in GT6.

Putin is still laughing...
It seems you made the same mistake PD did all the way back in GT4. The CLK-LM has a 6.0L V8, the CLK-GTR has a 6.0L V12.
The worst part is; in GT5 it actually sounded more like a cross plane V8 than it does now:

Last edited:
I have to disagree with you on that, I can't even conceive how an engine can produce a sound like that.

There are many cars that use the sound sample I think sounds the worst;
Stock Saleen S7
Any modern Ferrari with a race exhuast (excluding Enzo)
Lamborghini Diablo GT, GT2, or Gallardo with race exhuast
Dodge Viper GTS '02 with semi racing exhuast
There's probably more but I'm certainly not going to look for them :yuck:

I have a couple more, both the BMW Z4 GT3 and M3 GT2. They both sound the same in GT6, so I'll tackle them both

GT6.

Real M3 GT2.

Real Z4 GT3.

Fun fact: The start-up sound that is also used for both cars is the one from the M3.

This one I have a personal beef with, the Nissan GT-R GT3.

GT6.

Real.

It's not the gear change and transmission whine that I have a problem with, it's the sound itself. Kazunori Yamauchi himself knows what this car sounds like, and it still sounds like it does.

At the very least the GT3 would have been better off with a loudened up sample from the road car. As it is, it really does sound like a hoover.

BMW M3 GT2 and Z4 GT3 cars. I was so looking forward to spending hours driving these great cars but that odd muffled, ahem... sucking noise forces me to drive them right back into the garage.

@lbpomg95 The '12 GT-R in GT6 and the real version do sound very similar.
I think you misunderstood my post. My apologies, it wasn't very clear - I was referring to the GT3 model when I said it sounded like a hoover. The sample for the '12 road model is rather good, I have heard a real one before. Odd that the Z33, Z34 and NSXR '02 use similar sound samples though!

I'm adding two more to the list: the Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 2 Rally Car '86; and the Nissan Xanavi Nismo GT-R (JGTC) '03.

Peugeot:
GT5 (same applies to GT6:

Real Life:

Xanavi GT-R:
GT5 (same applies to GT6):

Real Life:

Last edited:
You're forgetting some of the most blatantly criminal ones, like the Sauber Mercedes C9 and the Audi Quattro S1 duo.

what about saying that every car that uses generics sounds like the Peugeot 205 rally car and unfortunately many others in gt6 are the worst sounding cars.

The Mercedes Sauber C9 Race Car '89 gets my vote. And the worst part is that it's PREMIUM. How can you completely update a vehicle's model, but not it's sound?! You have PLENTY of V8 sounds in the game, and instead you recycle the Toyota GT-ONE's sound? Which is already horrible?!!
misc-jackie-chan-l.png

Here's what it sounds like in GT6:

And what it sounds like in real-life:

As you can tell, it's pathetic, and embarrassing how GT6 got it so wrong, when there are plenty...PLENTY of V8 engine sounds in the game!
Edit: Got beaten to the punch. :lol:
Ah well I'll leave the links there so people can really feel how AWFUL the C9 sounds in-game compared to real life. You have NO valid excuse for this!

Back