Worst You've Dealt With Online...

Got some verbal abuse from an American host of a GT3 room who thought it was okay to punt me off in a race at Bathurst because I had defended my position by holding an inside line on a previous lap. He told me that I was some 'Euro moron' and that's not how you race. The 'incident' in question was going down into the last corner at Bathurst, where you come out of that chicane and head down to the left hander. He had got a good exit from the chicane and I knew he'd send it up the inside if he got the chance, so all I did was instead of moving right to take the racing line, I placed my car to the middle-left and made sure he couldn't get me on the inside.

I had to do this again going up the straight after turn 1 to defend from the slipstream, again I did so safely and predictably, just placing my car where it was harder for him to overtake me. I'm the leading car, it's the guy behind whose responsibility it is to make a safe pass... if I'm able to make it hard to do so (within reason, not weaving etc. sticking to the 'one move' rule favoured by sanctioning bodies throughout the world) I will. At no point did I cut across him, force him wide/inside or do anything untoward... it's just not my style.

The next lap he just straight up takes me out on the same straight. His excuse after the race went along the lines of 'that's not how you're supposed to defend, if I am on the inside you have to let me go, that's how 'we' race in America'... I tried to inform him that by 'USCC' rules, as that was he had named his room, what I did was perfectly legal... but no, apparently it was 'stupid stuff you Euros do'...

I left that room, he was an idiot.

Got some verbal abuse from an American host of a GT3 room who thought it was okay to punt me off in a race at Bathurst because I had defended my position by holding an inside line on a previous lap. He told me that I was some 'Euro moron' and that's not how you race. The 'incident' in question was going down into the last corner at Bathurst, where you come out of that chicane and head down to the left hander. He had got a good exit from the chicane and I knew he'd send it up the inside if he got the chance, so all I did was instead of moving right to take the racing line, I placed my car to the middle-left and made sure he couldn't get me on the inside.

I had to do this again going up the straight after turn 1 to defend from the slipstream, again I did so safely and predictably, just placing my car where it was harder for him to overtake me. I'm the leading car, it's the guy behind whose responsibility it is to make a safe pass... if I'm able to make it hard to do so (within reason, not weaving etc. sticking to the 'one move' rule favoured by sanctioning bodies throughout the world) I will. At no point did I cut across him, force him wide/inside or do anything untoward... it's just not my style.

The next lap he just straight up takes me out on the same straight. His excuse after the race went along the lines of 'that's not how you're supposed to defend, if I am on the inside you have to let me go, that's how 'we' race in America'... I tried to inform him that by 'USCC' rules, as that was he had named his room, what I did was perfectly legal... but no, apparently it was 'stupid stuff you Euros do'...

I bet Bald Eagles are crying in dissapointment at this excuse for an American. But Rejoice my European friend!!! He will be hunted down and executed by the High Court of the manual transmission.

GT6 - The Real Online Racism Simulator

Turns out, the idiot who kicked me for having a stutter last night actually reported me for verbal abuse. Normally, I can shrug these sorts of things off, but I am bloody pissed. Any chance we can make an exception to the whole "no PSN names" rule?

Unfortunately, we can't. Although, at times like this, more people need to know of people that are abusive of the report function on innocent users.

*facepalm* I apologize for my fellow american's stupidity.

Just joined a Nurburgring lobby titled "Free Run no STRESS please". The host was afk. I decided to bring out my Taurus SHO for a drive. I noticed a very jerky arrow approaching, and I knew that I was in trouble.
Out from the corner I passed came the king of all troll vehicles...the Redbull X2011. I got rammed so hard, and spun wildly. I wrote "Are you 🤬 stupid or something?" to which he replied "lol". I wrote "Ugh little kids and their stupidly overpowered fictional cars." and left.

Just joined a Nurburgring lobby titled "Free Run no STRESS please". The host was afk. I decided to bring out my Taurus SHO for a drive. I noticed a very jerky arrow approaching, and I knew that I was in trouble.
Out from the corner I passed came the king of all troll vehicles...the Redbull X2011. I got rammed so hard, and spun wildly. I wrote "Are you 🤬 stupid or something?" to which he replied "lol". I wrote "Ugh little kids and their stupidly overpowered fictional cars." and left.

Pfft. SHO-off.

Oh jeez, by the sounds of it, those little kids aren't going away. Good thing I have a couple of x2010s and a Veyron project ready for when they decide to misbehave.
My Viper GTS setup will actually out-accelerate an X-car with its nitrous, largely because of its gearing. It's great for cruising in iffy lobbies, because it otherwise drives like a fast-but-normal Viper.

I do need to come up with a true stupidly overpowered sleeper, though. Something like my tuned 300ZX on RS tyres from GT5.

My Viper GTS setup will actually out-accelerate an X-car with its nitrous, largely because of its gearing. It's great for cruising in iffy lobbies, because it otherwise drives like a fast-but-normal Viper.

I do need to come up with a true stupidly overpowered sleeper, though. Something like my tuned 300ZX on RS tyres from GT5.
Wait, you can tune a viper to outrun a X1? ...I must try this. Although, there are a lot of mods that I have to try and I have so many tuning ideas planned.

Recently while trying to do no more than have some harmless fun. I was booted from a freerun at the Nurb for overtaking the host. (Who was just cruising around at like 40mph, I didn't even bump him, I just went around.)

Then I was in a Mount Panorama Track Day room when the host suddenly screamed my username like a child and kicked me(I assume said person was just jealous of my Corvette Stingray Concept, because they had been driving nothing but Anniversary cars the whole time)

But what REALLY got on my nerves, I was driving my 2013 Acura NSX in a cruising room and the host kicked me.. Because it was white. :grumpy:

That feel when you join a lobby and wait 10 minutes for the race to finish. Then the host kicks you straight after because of your flag. :banghead:

Trying to join an American drag room or a Japanese drift room and being thrown out in an instant because you aren't one of them.

GT6...

... The Real Online Rejection Simulator...

NOTE: No offence, but when you enter a "(insert country) ONLY", you will be rejected for no being from that country...

... Right. :odd:

NOTE: No offence, but when you enter a "(insert country) ONLY", you will be rejected for no being from that country...

I like busy lobbies, though the ones I join never show indication of being a single nation sector so I presume I will be slightly welcome. The only busy drag rooms are American. I always hope there is at least one other European in there so they don't get all worked up when I join and start shouting :lol:

GT6...

... The Real Aphartheid Simulator...

That happens mostly because it causes lag if your room is full of people from different countries.
It's not because they don't like you, I'm Australian and I spend 50% of my time in Japanese hosted drift rooms, they don't kick me

Not any moment in particular, it's just that I can't find any good rooms that allows driving aids and doesn't allow mics.

I would say "Create your own", but not everyone has the best connection for this kind of stuff.

Back