Worst You've Dealt With Online...

I don't know about you guys but my headset has a volume control and a mute button. You should also be able to mute a player in the lobby if you just want to filter one out.

I haven't did much in public lobbies in GT5 or 6 but when I did one of my biggest complaints was how many people show up without a headset,
You can - the option is now in the separate 'entry list' sub option/button thing at the bottom of the screen.

It used to be easier before.

My first job when entering any room is to go and mute all the microphones. Hate it. What is annoying is that the audio gets turned on as the track loads as well, so you have no choice but to sit through some daft banter, backside scratching, burping etc.

Anyone know how to turn the chat box off while in an online race?
You can't. :(
There was an option hidden within GT5 that if you enabled it, you could eliminate the text chat box from appearing, but PD would detect it and end up banning your PSN account from GT5's online.

So I just wanted to take my new X2014 Junior for a spin on the 'Ring... Chose a free run lobby which seemed to be fun. Then some *beep* in a pink FGT (With N2O, ladies and gentlemen!) started driving around the track very slowly until someone passed him. Then he came after you and rammed you into the barriers! Man, what a hilarity! NOT! :yuck:

/Rant

You can't. :(
There was an option hidden within GT5 that if you enabled it, you could eliminate the text chat box from appearing, but PD would detect it and end up banning your PSN account from GT5's online.

PD isn't as evil as EA.

They might be worse.

So I just wanted to take my new X2014 Junior for a spin on the 'Ring... Chose a free run lobby which seemed to be fun. Then some *beep* in a pink FGT (With N2O, ladies and gentlemen!) started driving around the track very slowly until someone passed him. Then he came after you and rammed you into the barriers! Man, what a hilarity! NOT! :yuck:

/Rant

You can put nitrous on the FGT now? :crazy:

Around 10 minutes ago me and @Ericiscoollike entered a NASCAR lobby titled "NASCAR llllll CLEAN". The race began and there was already problems. The starting grid became bunched up in a massive wreck. The guy on pole position started dead last because of this. On the first lap, the host wrecked after going into a turn too quickly. He typed "RESTART" but nobody listened. He typed "RESTART" again, nobody listened. Next thing I know, I'm kicked from the session. After a very heated message was sent to him, with him replying back with "llllllll", I wrote "Just because you 🤬 suck at driving doesn't mean you have to kick the players who are better than you. I bet you have no friends you dumb 🤬."

Around 10 minutes ago me and @Ericiscoollike entered a NASCAR lobby titled "NASCAR llllll CLEAN". The race began and there was already problems. The starting grid became bunched up in a massive wreck. The guy on pole position started dead last because of this. On the first lap, the host wrecked after going into a turn too quickly. He typed "RESTART" but nobody listened. He typed "RESTART" again, nobody listened. Next thing I know, I'm kicked from the session. After a very heated message was sent to him, with him replying back with "llllllll", I wrote "Just because you 🤬 suck at driving doesn't mean you have to kick the players who are better than you. I bet you have no friends you dumb 🤬."

image.jpg

I haven't seen much problems online yet, amazingly!

The worst I've had so far is this...
I'm now running a MAKESHIFT SHUFFLE room. Because there's no actual shuffle in gt6.

I've decided to allow it public because I just can't have room for so many friends PLUS, I've been doing it public & attracting a lot of the old die hard shufflers from gt5 who see the room title and come in to find out what's going on.
Then we send people here to the forum to see the page with the list of cars they'll need.

This has been working out. Mostly a success in that sense.

Oddly though, there's one dude that keeps joining, then complaining about the rules we've set up. :boggled:
At one point I kicked him when I explained what we were doing and he made the taboo comment "It's JUST A GAME!"
(I consider that comment to warrant an immediate kick.)

Then he sent me a psn msg complaining more.
Being that I used to see him in shuffle (he sometimes hosted shuffle rooms), and I believe him to be a clean racer, I didn't block him, I just replied "and games have rules duh".
He keeps joining and asking "why not just set a pp limit?"
I don't know why he won't get with the program. If he wants a pp room, just go find one. If you can't find a good room, and all your old pals are racing in my room, because they're with the program and they like it, well get a clue.

So I'm going to have to block him if he continues this nuttiness.

It would be one thing if it was just some random nutball yelling crazy stuff. I'd just kick them & forget it. But when it's someone who was reasonable in the past, it's just the worst.
It's not like nobody likes him or whatever. But no matter who likes you, you can't just go to the gym with all your friends who are meeting for a game of basketball, and insist to them that they should all leave to play golf with you. :rolleyes:

Make you pay to mute someone...

#EAMoneyMilkingLogic
Seriously? YOu have to pay to use a mute function in some games?
omfg.gif

Anyway, yeah it would be nice to suspend the txt chat during racing.
However, one problem with that is that if the race was halted for some reason, and an abort was called, you'd have no way of communicating. :eek:

So generally I just try to race w/ people who mutually agree that excessive chat during the race is uncalled for, and inappropriate.

Well, I have so many different expriences so far, GT6 definitely has not been up to par with GT5 in my opinion.

Joining a room, setting up a car, doing a lap time only to get kicked before the race starts. People leaving the room after losing. Players only doing generic 550pp races, hosts being abusive with power....I don't have a particular story to tell because they are just so many.

Well, I have so many different expriences so far, GT6 definitely has not been up to par with GT5 in my opinion.

Joining a room, setting up a car, doing a lap time only to get kicked before the race starts. People leaving the room after losing. Players only doing generic 550pp races, hosts being abusive with power....I don't have a particular story to tell because they are just so many.
Sounds like GT6 is running exactly true to par with GT5 in your experience. :lol:

So far I've been kicked for winning drags against GT-R black editions in my RUF. Drifting the RS camaro or gazoo racing Toyota. The worst is when I get kicked because 4wd drifters be ramming me out of corners... Somehow that's my fault ?

I got kicked because i won a race. I **** u not!!! These were his exact words
Host "fck u, its my room b**ch"
Me "wat?"
Host" if i dont win, nobody wins"

Then i got kicked
Love gt6 online its the best!
Bring bak shuffle

So far I've been kicked for winning drags against GT-R black editions in my RUF. Drifting the RS camaro or gazoo racing Toyota. The worst is when I get kicked because 4wd drifters be ramming me out of corners... Somehow that's my fault ?

*Suddenly sits up, at full attention*

Which RUF??? CTR2???

I loved to do this in gt5 and I love it in gt6:

Nordschleife, standing start, around 400pp, 2-3 laps, all helps except abs off, tires use on.
Skyline R32, the old boxy one in alpine weiss colour stolen from some bmw. Properly configured it has great pp to power ratio, all important 4wd, low weight, and one other thing...

I make sure that I start last, then as the race start that other thing catapults me to the first thanks to just crazy acceleration from dead start that R32 possess. Must be huge shock to people in their gt3's as they see that white blurry box come from behind. And the rest get another shock while the beast sucked to asphalt devours the track before it and gains advantage in tens of seconds. But this wouldn't be a good story without a twist. You see the setup that I use, and R32 especially, eats tires for breakfast, it's cars huge disadvantage, so by the time second lap has started I'm usually running on rims alone and the game turns into me trying to block much faster cars for the rest of the race. Sometime I manage it, more often I don't, but it's always fun.

This is some good stuff 👍 I didn't even know this thread existed.

Anyway, I have one. Early today I was in a room called "clean 500pp ss". Everything was on the better side of things, people using competitive cars, normal tires, you know, a good time. Some guy that was in the lobby, decided that it was OK to cut the track, I'm not talking about cutting corners or anything like that, I'm talking about THE WHOLE TRACK!! It was the Willows Springs track, the normal one not the race park. He literally cut the whole track starting from corner one and came up the the first hairpin, then kept going till he reached the long sweeping right before the line.

I didn't care (as long as he didn't hit me), he couldn't keep up with anyone while driving in the dirt but it did look funny in the map :lol:.

Back