Worst You've Dealt With Online...

I think the downright most funny memory of GT6 was when I took a completely stock Mazda Demio for a spin, yes , the old one, round the Nord, in a full online lobby stacked bull of race cars and supercars.

I honestly dont know how, but even in a stock Demio with stock tyres, I was battling with 5-6 supercars and 3-4 race cars all at the same time, I honestly dont know how they managed to be this slow, they have no excuse!

At first I thought they were all messing about in a konga-line, until I saw them go full-racing-line-kicked-in-yo-mode and do some classic racing manouvers... to try and get past my Demio...

...I was only taking the family out for a picnic!

Mazda-Demio_2000_1024x768_wallpaper_10.jpg

I think the downright most funny memory of GT6 was when I took a completely stock Mazda Demio for a spin, yes , the old one, round the Nord, in a full online lobby stacked bull of race cars and supercars.

I honestly dont know how, but even in a stock Demio with stock tyres, I was battling with 5-6 supercars and 3-4 race cars all at the same time, I honestly dont know how they managed to be this slow, they have no excuse!

At first I thought they were all messing about in a konga-line, until I saw them go full-racing-line-kicked-in-yo-mode and do some classic racing manouvers... to try and get past my Demio...

...I was only taking the family out for a picnic!

View attachment 477607
Quick question. Are you from the same planet as a certain French WRC champion?

:lol:

I'm going to apologize in advance for the novel.

I'll start this off saying I'm an aggressive racer. Atleast in the minds of some people in the public GT6 lobbies. I'm not considered aggressive by the vast majority of people I have raced with in series here on GTP. I race clean. I don't cause accidents. And I don't attempt overtakes on suicide corners. I don't dive bomb. None of that. However I am not one to think there is only 2 places to pass on the Nurburgring, that being the back stretch, and the high speed mostly straight section a few corners before the karusell. If there is an opening, I take it. If I can get 3/4 overlap by the time the braking zone arrives and it's not a dangerous corner. You best believe I'm going to do it. I also switch cars. And don't use anything incredibly overpowered for the class of cars we are racing.

Today I joined a 500pp SS Nurburgring lobby, as usual. Saw a few familiar faces. And some not familiar faces. The host was a friend of mine on GT5 and earlier on in GT6. I enter the room and he immediately warns me to only overtake if I can do so cleanly. I state I am always clean, and it wont be a problem. So after a few victories with no incidents, the host brakes to late in turn one and causes me to spin out. And just keeps on a rolling In his newly acquired 1st place. The lap goes on I pass the rest of the field and reel him in, passing him on the back stretch (under my own power, no draft) and take the victory. After his cheeky comment when I entered, I expressed my frustration by means of saying "nice move in turn 1" he proceeds to tell me I hit the brakes to early. Which was just not the case, and I let him know, and just asked him to be more careful. He responds with I talk to much. I kindly let him know I hadn't said anything the whole time until he played dirty and just kept racing like nothing happened. Argument ends and we race on. I get a couple more victories. Next race i get my 3/4 overlap WAY before the braking zone, on the inside of a corner mind you. And some random guy just slowly leaves the racing line and pushes me off, all well before the braking zone, ruining my race. I make sure there wasn't a lobby glitch where he couldn't see me, and ask him to be more careful. I get a bunch of crap with him saying passes aren't always easy. I'm like "dude.. Blocking is one thing, straight pushing someone off track is another, I don't want to argue. Please just be careful and race clean" this guy's argument was just mindless. I couldn't believe the stupidity he was spewing. Anyway...

Next race starts and the hosts comes out of the first turn in the lead. After a couple more corners I end up behind him. On the straighter sections of the track I attempt to overtake him, again WAY before we even have to start worrying about braking. I get about 1/3 overlap and he starts moving over pushing me off track. I go half into the grass recover and settle behind him. This happens 3 more times in the same race. I don't even bring it up after the race. With the way things are going I figure what's the point.

Next race starts. Me and the host end up in 2nd and 3rd with him ahead of me. As we enter the high speed left/right known as the Michael Schumacher S. Or turns 9-10 (from the GP track picture) I get a full car or more overlap in the right side (outside). We enter the left hand portion of this quick turn with me on the outside, I give him 2 car widths minumum at the Apex of the turn. Now I'm on the inside, just a nose ahead of him. I do my best to give him room. And by that I mean I cut the corner so hard I barely had 2 wheels on the tarmac and I was almost half in the sand. The host aka bone head, turns in to much and bounces off my car and he runs way off in the Sand. I did more than what's considered acceptable to avoid contact, and this was clearly his fault. So I keep racing not very far behind 1st place. I the chat pops up my name with a question mark. At this point I know what's coming and I'm so frustrated at all this bull:censored: I say "sure I'll just ruin my race" I stop and explain exactly what I just wrote here. And this mindless idiot just keeps on thinking I rammed him off the track. A few more words are exchanged, him blaming me, me defending myself and saying "you can't be serious!"

It ends with me getting kicked. Now you might ask why I just didn't leave the room way before it got to this point? My answer to that is everyone races on God awful RS tires. There is usually only 1 room with proper settings at any given time, IF that. So now, after mindless fool, with no racecraft, no spacial awareness, and no thought to take responsibility for his own mistakes, kicks me out of the room I'm stuck with no proper room to race in. Which is incredibly frustrating, and also my motivation to type all of this crap out for you fine gentleman, and ladies to read.

I sent him a message advising him to look up the meaning of racecraft, spacial awareness, and to grow up with a very fitting string of words at the end I can't say here. I also told him he would never be entering a room I hosted (again, usually only one room of proper settings everyone flocks too) until he apologized for his all around general stupidity.

The good thing about all of this? Having no proper races (that I enjoy) to partake in, I improved from a 1:38.7xx to a 1:37.588 in the 550pp TT putting me in 28th place at the moment!

That was a lot of typing. I'm sorry guys. Just had to get it out haha.

Thanks for reading :gtpflag:

Last edited:
I'm going to apologize in advance for the novel.

I'll start this off saying I'm an aggressive racer. Atleast in the minds of some people in the public GT6 lobbies. I'm not considered aggressive by the vast majority of people I have raced with in series here on GTP. I race clean. I don't cause accidents. And I don't attempt overtakes on suicide corners. I don't dive bomb. None of that. However I am not one to think there is only 2 places to pass on the Nurburgring, that being the back stretch, and the high speed mostly straight section a few corners before the karusell. If there is an opening, I take it. If I can get 3/4 overlap by the time the braking zone arrives and it's not a dangerous corner. You best believe I'm going to do it. I also switch cars. And don't use anything incredibly overpowered for the class of cars we are racing.

Today I joined a 500pp SS Nurburgring lobby, as usual. Saw a few familiar faces. And some not familiar faces. The host was a friend of mine on GT5 and earlier on in GT6. I enter the room and he immediately warns me to only overtake if I can do so cleanly. I state I am always clean, and it wont be a problem. So after a few victories with no incidents, the host brakes to late in turn one and causes me to spin out. And just keeps on a rolling In his newly acquired 1st place. The lap goes on I pass the rest of the field and reel him in, passing him on the back stretch (under my own power, no draft) and take the victory. After his cheeky comment when I entered, I expressed my frustration by means of saying "nice move in turn 1" he proceeds to tell me I hit the brakes to early. Which was just not the case, and I let him know, and just asked him to be more careful. He responds with I talk to much. I kindly let him know I hadn't said anything the whole time until he played dirty and just kept racing like nothing happened. Argument ends and we race on. I get a couple more victories. Next race i get my 3/4 overlap WAY before the braking zone, on the inside of a corner mind you. And some random guy just slowly leaves the racing line and pushes me off, all well before the braking zone, ruining my race. I make sure there wasn't a lobby glitch where he couldn't see me, and ask him to be more careful. I get a bunch of crap with him saying passes aren't always easy. I'm like "dude.. Blocking is one thing, straight pushing someone off track is another, I don't want to argue. Please just be careful and race clean" this guy's argument was just mindless. I couldn't believe the stupidity he was spewing. Anyway...

Next race starts and the hosts comes out of the first turn in the lead. After a couple more corners I end up behind him. On the straighter sections of the track I attempt to overtake him, again WAY before we even have to start worrying about braking. I get about 1/3 overlap and he starts moving over pushing me off track. I go half into the grass recover and settle behind him. This happens 3 more times in the same race. I don't even bring it up after the race. With the way things are going I figure what's the point.

Next race starts. Me and the host end up in 2nd and 3rd with him ahead of me. As we enter the high speed left/right known as the Michael Schumacher S. Or turns 9-10 (from the GP track picture) I get a full car or more overlap in the right side.. We enter the left hand portion of this quick turn with me on the outside, I give him 2 car widths minumum at the Apex of the turn. Now I'm on the inside, just a nose ahead of him. I do my best to give him room. And by that I mean I cut the corner so hard I barely had 2 wheels on the tarmac and I was almost half in the sand. The host aka bone head, turns in to much and bounces off my car and he runs way off in the Sand. I did more than what's considered acceptable to avoid contact, and this was clearly his fault. So I keep racing not very far behind 1st place. I the chat pops up my name with a question mark. At this point I know what's coming and I'm so frustrated at all this bull:censored: I say "sure I'll just ruin my race" I stop and explain exactly what I just wrote here. And this mindless idiot just keeps on thinking I rimmed him off the track. A few more words are exchanged, him blaming me, me defending myself and saying "you can't be serious!"

It ends with me getting kicked. Now you might ask why I just didn't leave the room way before it got to this point? My answer to that is everyone races on God awful RS tires. There is usually only 1 room with proper settings at any given time, IF that. So now, after mindless fool, with no racecraft, no spacial awareness, and no thought to take responsibility for his own mistakes, kicks me out of the room I'm stuck with no proper room to race in. Which is incredibly frustrating, and also my motivation to type all of this crap out for you fine gentleman, and ladies to read.

I sent him a message advising him to look up the meaning of racecraft, spacial awareness, and to grow up with a very fitting string of words at the end I can't say here. I also told him he would never be entering a room I hosted (again, usually only one room of proper settings everyone flocks too) until he apologized for his all around general stupidity.

The good thing about all of this? I improved from a 1:38.7xx to a 1:37.588 in the 550pp TT putting me in 28th place at the moment!

That was a lot of typing. I'm sorry guys. Just had to get it out haha. :gtpflag:
I know that feel, I was getting heckled last weekend for being a "Bad driver" yet I was being rammed over and over by a GTR and what's worse? He thinks he is a better driver than everyone else, then I beat him with a Pagani H, and guess what he says... The Typical "Oh you are bad kid, shut up and leave you 🤬" yet I beat him cleanly even though he and his "buddy" were ramming me over and over in the race, These types of people should not even be allowed to play racing games in my opinion, just unnecessary drama.

See this guy is generally a really good driver with a good attitude. I don't know why he was being such a **** earlier. I was so mad I started another account so I could go in undetected and race without a problem. But then I got even more mad with PD's stupid idea to make you partially complete career mode to get online. Oh man and all the tips in the first race. I was smashing the x button. Stupid idea. Stupid.... Stupid idea.

"If you don't go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racedriver." - Ayrton Senna

Thats like 99% of the drivers online on Gran Turismo then...

I usually don't race online. I mostly just watch certain races. I felt like an unwelcome guest on one channel this past weekend. The assumption by soemone was that if you are just watching and not racing, you're a "troll" apparently. If you didn't have a microphone, you're a "troll." I've been fortunate among a lot of online action to be around fairly decent people. However, anyone who just kicks around someone and talks about someone like back when I used to chat on AOL, it's just unacceptable.

There are people whom have been in much worse material, but this was one of my worst online experiences with others recently in playing GT6.

I should've told this one a few months ago, but anyway a bunch of times I joined these spec racing rooms called "Spec Racing ask for regs" or something like that. I was a new friend of the host and I knew most of the regs already. The thing that makes this one bad is that if you were in the wrong car or had the wrong specs, he told you to "change your :censored:ing car or get kicked". Thing is, 99% of the time, he ended up kicking the people before they even had the chance to get off the track and change cars.

Another story I have is also from a few months ago. I was bored one day so I decided to join a free run lobby. I was driving my Peugeot 106 Rallye around the Nürburgring when this person showed up in the lobby and started talking trash about me, and said I should leave. I ignored him and let him rant on, so I exited the track and watched as he pulled out a Lambo Aventador and challenged me to a race. I accepted and I met him at the start line. My 106 was tuned for 450pp and his car was maxed out. I am not a person who drives dirty, but he was the exact opposite, though I never was hit. While I basically cruised on the track, he was always in the grass and at times was wallriding just to " keep up". At the end I won by around 20 seconds and he said "Good job ricer", and rage quitted.

I laughed.

I see nothing wrong with the use of such in cruise rooms.

Of course, it is rather appalling when someone brags about beating you in a race, impromptu or not, with RS and you have RMs or below.

But to have them a lobby to drive freely around in, causing no trouble? Not really.
No it's perfectly fine rules-wise but you have to admit man it's pathetic.

What makes it pathetic?

Cruising is supposed to be realistic.

Having RS tires on something as simple as...I don't know, an S2000 can be seen as pretty pathetic.

But I don't really see the problem until it's a track day lobby and people start bragging about beating your time using RS tires

Cruising is supposed to be realistic.

Having RS tires on something as simple as...I don't know, an S2000 can be seen as pretty pathetic.

But I don't really see the problem until it's a track day lobby and people start bragging about beating your time using RS tires
I don't do cruise lobbies, I'm talking about track days. Doesn't bother me, just irks me a little

I wouldn't say using RS tyres is pathetic, I just find it sad that people feel the need to use them on street cars. Using tyres like those suck the fun out of driving and makes all cars feel the same (for me at least).
I drive a 250hp Miata on comfort softs and it drives like a beauty. Don't understand why people put them on RS.

Opened a room called "Track Day-TrackVote Every 30Min". Started at Matterhorn Dristelen. Room changed to Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit, and people started joining. Room switched to Twin Ring Motegi West Course. Suddenly I had a full room which was great! Having so many cars on such a small track was fantastic. After about 6 Minutes in, a guy types in the chat box, "lame trak". I don't think nothing of it. I don't want to start an argument. If he dosen't like the track, he can leave.
He then promptly joins the track with an orange tuned 2014 Nissan GT-R Nismo, and proceeds to ram me and my Ferrari F40 off track in turn 1. Instead of apologizing, he simply types "lol".

That kick player button is such a wonderful thing.:D

I drive a 250hp Miata on comfort softs and it drives like a beauty. Don't understand why people put them on RS.
I actually think some of the classic sports cars, like the BMW 2002 and Dome Zero, actually perform better on sports softs than racing softs. It's just that some people think that racing tires automatically make a car handle better.

Because it does thanks to the excessive grip it provides.
Yes, on the BMW 2002, the car handles a tad better on SS, but yeah, it is more grippy with RS tires. While on most cars, like you said, RS tires are the better options.

I don't put racing tires on any road cars because of how twitchy they feel without the addition of downforce. Besides, sport softs feel perfectly adequate for anything in the 600-650PP range. To me, at least. I think most players just automatically slap on every top-end part, something I rarely do.

Back