Worst You've Dealt With Online...

Not that I'm really whining or anything, I can manage with racers using these cars, but if you do apply PP Limits or drivetrain limitations, the above is what you'll be seeing a lot on the track.
The problem with PP racing, is that no matter what or how you restrict the lobbies, there will always be a car that is faster then all the others. It's unavoidable. Players who want to win will always use the fastest car availiable to give them a better chance at winning.
Besides, if you want closer races, Have everyone use the same car. One-make races are more fun anyway!

The problem with PP racing, is that no matter what or how you restrict the lobbies, there will always be a car that is faster then all the others. It's unavoidable. Players who want to win will always use the fastest car availiable to give them a better chance at winning.
Besides, if you want closer races, Have everyone use the same car. One-make races are more fun anyway!
like that lobby "One Make Give Our Cars A Break"

If only there were more choices for one-make races.

I've said it countless times before, restrict all 3, PP, BHP & weight. You will never hit the limit on all 3 at the same time.
So it's down to the individual to make a sacrifice on 1 or 2 limits to fulfill the additional 1 or 2.
It's not full proof but it's better than just PP alone.

The problem with PP racing, is that no matter what or how you restrict the lobbies, there will always be a car that is faster then all the others.
PP alone doesn't guarantee a balanced grid.
For racing cars I set restrictions by class, hp & weight.
For road cars I set restrictions by hp & weight, and depending on the car I'm using I restrict drivetrain too.
If only there were more choices for one-make races.
Ideally all cars should be available in online one-make races and in offline arcade mode. It's stupid to have 1200+ cars but be limited to only 20 cars in arcade mode and only 28 cars in online one-make (iirc 8 of those are go-karts).

You can one-make any car. Just adjust the settings of the lobby. Say i wanted to race only chevy Novas. I'd tittle the room Chevy Nova one make, and then apply the following restrictions;
Chevrolet only
FR only
Max 393 Bhp
Min Weight 1,590 Kg
Max 474
Sports Hards or less

If you really want to equal out the field, make tuning prohibited, and disable all aids except abs.
If they bring out any other car that somehow fits into these restrictions that's not the chevy nova, just kick them.

You can one-make any car. Just adjust the settings of the lobby. Say i wanted to race only chevy Novas. I'd tittle the room Chevy Nova one make, and then apply the following restrictions;
Chevrolet only
FR only
Max 393 Bhp
Min Weight 1,590 Kg
Max 474
Sports Hards or less
Not a bad workaround, but that requires every player in the lobby to have the car in their garage. In online one-make races the car is provided to everybody, no need for players to have the said car in the garage, and no need for host to change lobby settings if they want to change car.
That's one of many examples of situations where PD chose not to go with the most practical solution.

If you really want to equal out the field, make tuning prohibited, and disable all aids except abs.
In my club races I'd always disable all aids including abs, I'd prohibit tuning for road car races but allow it for race car races (unfortunately there's no way to prohibit upgrades & allow setup changes, another example of PD vs practical).

I started a free run room like I usually do.
Restrictions;
Active steering, Assistive stability managment, skid revovery force, and traction control disabled.

Guy came in, did half a lap, spun out 6 or 7 times, said that the settings sucked and that real drivers use skid recovery, and left.:odd:

Creates a lobby, and not so soon after some asshat in a GT-R NISMO comes in.

Now, mind you, I'm a benevolent host, I allow everyone of all skill levels in, meaning I allow all assists and whatnot.

This guy tries to dictate what others are driving by typing in the chat:
"Tht car is 4 nubs get a different car"

It started to get really annoying within a couple of minutes, so I butt in.

"You don't like what people or driving, leave and make your own lobby."

The guy then had the guts to go ahead and try to dictate what I can do.

Swift boot in the face.

A few minutes later, I get the dumbest sounding hatemail ever.

"🤬 you smurf"

One of the most hilarious things I've done was racing a Nissan Cube vs @AquaFanta's Scion xB on the Nord in a full lobby, we were beating every car there, ranging from R35's to full-blown race cars in our little ****boxes, everyone got soo mad at us, the fact that they were beaten in their fancy high perofrmance cars by some lunch boxes.

Of course, everyone thought we were hacking, because they cannot admit that they were beaten by sheer skill.

One of the most hilarious things I've done was racing a Nissan Cube vs @AquaFanta's Scion xB on the Nord in a full lobby, we were beating every car there, ranging from R35's to full-blown race cars in our little ****boxes, everyone got soo mad at us, the fact that they were beaten in their fancy high perofrmance cars by some lunch boxes.

Of course, everyone thought we were hacking, because they cannot admit that they were beaten by sheer skill.
If those actually were R35s and major race cars, then those guys must suck major ones at driving.

Back