Worst You've Dealt With Online...

I think the only road car I've used RS tyres on is my LCC Rocket for ultimate bragging rights around Monaco. No doubt it'd be more fun on SS or less but hey, 1:21 times just make GTRs so salty :lol:

Other than that, erm... I haven't a clue.

What makes the Rocket so good? I hear positive things about the car, but I never thought it was that powerful or performed well. Maybe I had the wrong tunes or didn't use it effectively.

What makes the Rocket so good? I hear positive things about the car, but I never thought it was that powerful or performed well. Maybe I had the wrong tunes or didn't use it effectively.
A good setup does wonders for it, and you'll need to find most of your speed in the corners because straight line speed is quite poor at lower power outputs, which is odd because it has a good power to weight ratio.

There's a reason why it's called the rocket :lol:

Any sensible person: "Hmm, there isn't a gap here. Guess I'll just wait for one to open/create one myself when it's safe."

Almost every single GT6 online racer: "hm der iznt a gaep her but im 2 layzie so ill jsut slam in2 teh gui in frnt off me n den weav bak n 4th liek n idi0t n sm4sh evry1 else of"

And then, while driving their Pescarolo, they get overtaken by a clean racer in a stock Mini, kick all the other players, and then ragequit.

Found a room called Tuneless Tuesday a week or so ago. Lobby was 5 lap race at Brands Hatch in bone stock Caterham 7 Fireblades. First race I led out of Paddock Hill. Got to Druids and while under braking, was pushed off track and fell to last place. recovered 2 spots by the end of it finishing 5th. I didn't get very mad because I admit I broke a little earlier than i should have. Second race was third thru Paddock hill on the outside on lap 1. Going up pilgrims rise, I got pushed to the side by 2nd place driver. left side wheels in the grass slid and spun, again dell to last place.
I left after that.

Any sensible person: "Hmm, there isn't a gap here. Guess I'll just wait for one to open/create one myself when it's safe."

Almost every single GT6 online racer: "hm der iznt a gaep her but im 2 layzie so ill jsut slam in2 teh gui in frnt off me n den weav bak n 4th liek n idi0t n sm4sh evry1 else of"

And then, while driving their Pescarolo, they get overtaken by a clean racer in a stock Mini, kick all the other players, and then ragequit.
Dat textspeak though :sly:

Sums up about every public lobby in any game. "Oh n0s, IZ l00Sn 2 @ cLEEE3En drivR, L3tz Ruin AH rACC nd dstroe Du lOBy WiT tunZ of F#%$Boyyyyyz lick ME!" or the infamous "HACKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *screams into mic like a dehydrated rabbit*."

So I was hosting a spec racing room at Daytona Road Course earlier when some random came in and posted this comment ↓

PicsArt_02-05-08.46.31.jpg

:odd::lol:

Finding a track day lobby with a PP limit, which means no Red Bull or Formula GT cars (huzzah!), only to see some numpty in a Mid engined supercar on Racing Soft tyres lift-off oversteering into the barrier on every corner, meaning you can't get past without ploughing into them!

New worst for me, checking the open lobbies on Assetto Corsa and finding servers only using the crappy tourist layout of Nordschliefe instead of the real Nordschliefe. MADNESS.

Cruising is supposed to be realistic.

Having RS tires on something as simple as...I don't know, an S2000 can be seen as pretty pathetic.

But I don't really see the problem until it's a track day lobby and people start bragging about beating your time using RS tires

Since when were cruise lobby's ever realistic? Never knew the tightest konga-line of tailgating was considered realistic...

I feel like it's way harder than it should be to find a decent cruise lobby online. Either there's total mayhem and BSing, or it's just a bunch of supercars roaming wild.

Found a room called Tuneless Tuesday a week or so ago. Lobby was 5 lap race at Brands Hatch in bone stock Caterham 7 Fireblades. First race I led out of Paddock Hill. Got to Druids and while under braking, was pushed off track and fell to last place. recovered 2 spots by the end of it finishing 5th. I didn't get very mad because I admit I broke a little earlier than i should have. Second race was third thru Paddock hill on the outside on lap 1. Going up pilgrims rise, I got pushed to the side by 2nd place driver. left side wheels in the grass slid and spun, again dell to last place.
I left after that.
Did you save the replay and watch it afterwards, specifically from the PoV of the driver who made contact with you?

You admitted the first incedent was your fault, so you really only have one incident to be upset about. And unless you did the legwork to see what the other driver either could or could not see, you really don't have much to complain about. Ever think that the guy who bumped you recieved a small bump himself? Crazy stuff happens on lap one. Live and learn, but don't lose sleep over lap 1 contact in a 5 lap tuneless Tuesday lobby...you'll be starting a new race in another 5 minutes anyways.

And in the open lobby, they kick you out simply for being a foreigner.
I've been through it before.
Most of the Japanese players in open lobby are actually pretty good. What I said mostly happens in QM, but hey everyone drives like that over there. I did, however, meet one who was pretty cool and even added him to my friends list:tup:

QMs are a cesspool of bad drivers.

Old story from circa 2014/early 2015:

This was during my "2J pwns all" stage in the game where I ran my 2J in every race that it would fit in. I came across a Twin Ring speedway lobby that was relatively empty but the PP limit was about 650 or 670. So, grabbed the 2J and slapped a Stage 3 turbo on it and did some laps. I set a pretty quick time and sat in the pits while the host tried to match my time. He couldn't do it, no matter what he used, so he finally got a Peugeot 908 out to try again. Cut it close by about 2 seconds and then he abruptly jumps off track. I looked at what he was doing and noticed he had jumped into the lobby rules menu. A few seconds later, the lobby spits out:

"The PP limit has been changed to 680."

The host gets back on in his now-680 PP 908 and breaks my lap by a second. So I just upped my 2J to 680 and beat his time again by a solid 3 seconds. He does it again, bumping it to 690. At this point, the 2J's having trouble cornering with how much power it has. I was still able to edge him out by about a half-second or so.

"The PP limit has been changed to 700."

Now my 2J's hit its limit and I'm falling a tad short of the lap time.

I told the guy off for trying to get the upper hand by rule manipulation and then left.

It irks me when people change the lobby rules to give themselves an advantage.

QMs are a cesspool of bad drivers.

Old story from circa 2014/early 2015:

This was during my "2J pwns all" stage in the game where I ran my 2J in every race that it would fit in. I came across a Twin Ring speedway lobby that was relatively empty but the PP limit was about 650 or 670. So, grabbed the 2J and slapped a Stage 3 turbo on it and did some laps. I set a pretty quick time and sat in the pits while the host tried to match my time. He couldn't do it, no matter what he used, so he finally got a Peugeot 908 out to try again. Cut it close by about 2 seconds and then he abruptly jumps off track. I looked at what he was doing and noticed he had jumped into the lobby rules menu. A few seconds later, the lobby spits out:

"The PP limit has been changed to 680."

The host gets back on in his now-680 PP 908 and breaks my lap by a second. So I just upped my 2J to 680 and beat his time again by a solid 3 seconds. He does it again, bumping it to 690. At this point, the 2J's having trouble cornering with how much power it has. I was still able to edge him out by about a half-second or so.

"The PP limit has been changed to 700."

Now my 2J's hit its limit and I'm falling a tad short of the lap time.

I told the guy off for trying to get the upper hand by rule manipulation and then left.

It irks me when people change the lobby rules to give themselves an advantage.
To me that's a clear example of host that doesn't know the game very well, PP system isn't very accurate.

Back when I played GT6 online I'd always set restrictions by horsepower, weight, drivetrain, and class.

Back