Worst You've Dealt With Online...

I've been setting up a few Track Day rooms the last week with RH's and PP limit

Well one day I forgot to set a PP limit and had a good 5-7 people in over the 2 hours. Every one using different and respectable cars, a few LMP1's, GT3's and even a few road cars. Then the holy grail joined with his RedBull car. Spends ages spinning off and moaning about not being able to use RS's. Well eventually he smashes the lap record set by another person, starts to brag and telling us we all suck and wants me to start the race as he'll win. After most of us telling him there is no race, which he fully didn't understand 2 people got their Tomahawks out and beat his lap time by a few seconds. He shut up pretty quick and left. We all had a good chuckle and carried on with the Track Day.

The JGTC room I had up this morning started out to disastrous. Thanks to this one guy (lets call him Tim).

I had started a JGTC lobby, for people of all skill levels. I decided that the first race was going to be short, the track was Suzuka Circuit, with a 5 minute qualifier and a 5 lap race. But, I had made the mistake of allowing car tuning. So, Tim comes in with a maxed out Arta NSX producing over 900 horsepower and 630 PP. Realizing that his car was maxed out, I disallow car tuning.

Tim then says, "DOOD, THATS NOT FAIR!" I ask him why, and then he says "MY CAR WILL BE 2 SLOW!" I then tell Tim that all JGTC cars have almost identical performance if they are stock, and there will be no advantages or disadvantages. He kept arguing with me for about 10 minutes, and then he finally decided to stop.

To make the race realistic, I had high mechanical damage, and high penalties. When the race started, Tim immediately starts cutting all the corners. When he got the penalty, he said, "DOOD WTF DA PENALTYS SUCK!" I ignored him and kept racing. In the title of the room, it said "Clean", but he raced dirty, brake checking people and ramming and slamming. Of course, Tim got penalties for that, and he raged each time he got one.

He was in last place by lap 2. But his final straw wasn't until the end of the third lap. You know the chicane right near the finish line? Well, Tim goes full speed and hits the barrier. He got major mechanical damage to his NSX and probably a short cut penalty. He god off on a complete rage, and says "WTF THIS IS DA WORST ROOM IVE BEEN TO STUPID PENALTYS N DAMAGE Y CANT I DO SHORTCUTS".

Since I've had enough of Tim, I had ended the race short (at the beginning of lap 4). Another guy in the room started to argue with Tim, calling him an idiot and saying that he can't drive. A second guy says, "Tim, I've had enough of your complaining and bullcrap. I'm out." Both of those guys leave. I then proceed to kick Tim, and since he left, the lobby has been peaceful.

Seriously, people like Tim drive me crazy.

The JGTC room I had up this morning started out to disastrous. Thanks to this one guy (lets call him Tim).

I had started a JGTC lobby, for people of all skill levels. I decided that the first race was going to be short, the track was Suzuka Circuit, with a 5 minute qualifier and a 5 lap race. But, I had made the mistake of allowing car tuning. So, Tim comes in with a maxed out Arta NSX producing over 900 horsepower and 630 PP. Realizing that his car was maxed out, I disallow car tuning.

Tim then says, "DOOD, THATS NOT FAIR!" I ask him why, and then he says "MY CAR WILL BE 2 SLOW!" I then tell Tim that all JGTC cars have almost identical performance if they are stock, and there will be no advantages or disadvantages. He kept arguing with me for about 10 minutes, and then he finally decided to stop.

To make the race realistic, I had high mechanical damage, and high penalties. When the race started, Tim immediately starts cutting all the corners. When he got the penalty, he said, "DOOD WTF DA PENALTYS SUCK!" I ignored him and kept racing. In the title of the room, it said "Clean", but he raced dirty, brake checking people and ramming and slamming. Of course, Tim got penalties for that, and he raged each time he got one.

He was in last place by lap 2. But his final straw wasn't until the end of the third lap. You know the chicane right near the finish line? Well, Tim goes full speed and hits the barrier. He got major mechanical damage to his NSX and probably a short cut penalty. He god off on a complete rage, and says "WTF THIS IS DA WORST ROOM IVE BEEN TO STUPID PENALTYS N DAMAGE Y CANT I DO SHORTCUTS".

Since I've had enough of Tim, I had ended the race short (at the beginning of lap 4). Another guy in the room started to argue with Tim, calling him an idiot and saying that he can't drive. A second guy says, "Tim, I've had enough of your complaining and bullcrap. I'm out." Both of those guys leave. I then proceed to kick Tim, and since he left, the lobby has been peaceful.

Seriously, people like Tim drive me crazy.
Self-entitlement, it seems.

Yep. Everyone was so glad when he got the boot.
Reminds me of the time someone started ramming everyone in a race I had. I vaguely remember the incident only because it got me so mad. This rammer started blaming ME for his dirty driving and the host (his friend) just booted me.

But, I had made the mistake of allowing car tuning. So, Tim comes in with a maxed out Arta NSX producing over 900 horsepower and 630 PP. Realizing that his car was maxed out, I disallow car tuning.
Back when I hosted my club races what I'd do for race cars is to allow tuning but establish hp/weight restrictions (based on the stock specs of the car I'm using), in that way people can still adjust gear ratios, suspension, etc, but without allowing overpowered cars.
I'd always enable heavy damage & penalties and ban all driving aids in my lobbies, it's a great way to keep bad drivers out.

FS7
I'd always enable heavy damage & penalties and ban all driving aids in my lobbies, it's a great way to keep bad drivers out.
That's what I did, but the bad driver kept complaining about them instead of leaving.

When I was still going for massively public lobbies, I quickly dismissed high damages and any kind of penalties. They're just a wide open door for glitch exploit : people doing everything for you to get a penalty, or exploiting the ghost mode to overtake. I much prefer to run low damages and no penalties, counting on players fairness and sportsmanship, and dealing "manually" with troublemakers.

Anyway, those kind of Tims can't read so lobby titles won't help there. Most simple solution : check the cars (and specs if necessary) before starting the race. Issue one warning if necessary, one time oral, one time written, if the folk doesn't exit track to change settings or car, then kick. If someone doesn't join the track before you start the countdown, ask him to get on track or tell if he won't do this one. No reaction ? Kick. I've seen too many people entering with a forbiden car after the countdown was launched, which you then have to either ignore and let race alone, or leave the race to kick him.

As for track behavior, usually most Tims are too slow anyway and will get obliterated by someone, if not most of the lobby, so they'll most likely end up rage quitting in the middle of the race or right after it. Saved me a lot of kicking. Extreme cases (ramming and such) would see me get out of the race and kick the guy, and claim a restart if that was in the first lap.

People complaining about lobby settings or tires are politely asked to deal with it or look for another lobby. More complaining ? Kick.

Also, I have a pretty good memory when it comes to names that joined my lobbies, both good or bad. If that was just a guy who didn't listen to car regulations or such feat, I'd let him a chance to do right this time. If that was a rammer, instant kick.

Yes, I kicked an awful lot (mostly on GT5). But with time going on, the number of people worth kicking decreased in my lobbies. I think some of them must have remembered my name, or some of my friend's (or the usual lobby title), as some guys I had previously kicked exited the lobby right after joining.

A recent lobby in a nutshell

1. Joins a NASCAR lobby
  2. Pulls out a NASCAR vehicle
  3. Gets called out because it doesnt have an oil change
  4. Kicked because of that
Well that's a really stupid reason to be kicked.

I have a similar story. A week ago I wanted to do some NASCAR racing, but there were no normal NASCAR lobbies, so I joined a dirty lobby that said, "DIRTY NASCAR 11 LAPS". As soon as the race starts, the host starts kicking anyone who rammed his car.

Back when I ran online races in GT6 there were interesting situations:
-people don't read lobby title, rules & regulations, restrictions, etc, and complain about all sorts of things.
-people enter the lobby and quit after they realize their overpowered car won't meet the strict restrictions I've set.
-people try to argue with me that racing is about using the fastest car and not driver skill.
-people quit after they realize all aids are banned.
-people argue that they'd easily beat me if driving aids were allowed.
-people try to convince me that driving line is realistic.
-people quit after they get a jump start penalty, even though there was a big message across the screen telling them about jump start.
-people quit after their 1st crash.
-people complain that damage is unfair, even though they ran on the wall at full speed on their own.
-people quit after getting a penalty for cutting a chicane at full speed.
-people complain that corner cutting penalties are unfair.
-people try to convince me that racing is about driving fast and not respecting track limits.
-people try to convince me that GT isn't a sim, it's just a game, and that I shouldn't make rules & regulations so strict & realistic.

I wonder how those people will do in GTS if it enforces good driving behavior online.

I've recently seen a club running some cop lobbies. Cops can be fun when done right, so I'm always down for those (even if they turn out to be a track day anyways).

However, this one was different. It said "Strict" in the title, so I thought "Oh, so people actually will pull over!" I was kind of excited, some real cruising. It was at Le Mans, and you can guess what configuration.

Aware of the rules being strict, I pulled out a modest 700hp Supra RZ, and started driving sort of fast on the straight. In the chat appears this:

"Jim and Tim (aliases), stop racing or you will be kicked." I knew the rules were strict, but my guess was that these two were being idiots. I proceed to drive down the straight, then someone in chat says another two people are racing. Minute later, "Joe has left the room ... Bob has left the room." Yeah, these guys were serious.

I then found the host, who was a cop. The speed limit was 70mph, so I went 70. I was behind him, and just to avoid boredom with driving behind one car the whole straight, I sped up to pass it (and I'm talking like going 75 to pass). He pulls me over and does the ticket thing. Do you seriously have to be that eager?

After that I pull over to wait for him to get away, and I continue down the straight. A car pulls out, a silver One-77. I sign in relief, and floor it. Guess what? The Aston pulls up and starts honking at me. I ask "what?", he says "I'm undercover. 2/3." Thanks for the warning.

By this point, if I recall correctly about five people had been kicked for very minor incidents, and I mean very minor incidents. Now I know cop lobbies are in most cases death traps, but where else are you going to find a street circuit lobby? It's one thing to play cop but it's another thing to just be a flat out moron. It's a racing game, there will be racers, and this guys kicks you if you do so. Even if it's an innocent little pull race. Hosts like these just ruin everything.

Being in a room called "clean driving or kicked", got rammed by the host at the last turn, desperate for his 7th place in a 10 man race! He would have got me on slipstream anyway.

Also annoys me how when I played quickmatches at say Red Bull Ring, drivers were able to exploit a tiny run off area after going wide at turn 2.

Been doing the Sarthe quick match the last day or so. Cue the last lap last chicane corner cutters :rolleyes:

That exists on Willow Springs. If you try to cut any of the track by a significant amount, it teleports you back to where you left, and starts you at 0 MPH.
I remember it also existing on The Stowe version of Silverstone. The first time I figured this out was during the Redbull Kart championship...
...not that I need to cut the track to win. I was just really curious to see how badly I could cut the track, when all of a sudden, poof! I get 0MPH respawned. :lol:

One thing that annoys me A LOT is when I FINALLY find a Super GT lobby with non-irrelevant restrictions but I cannot race, because of getting kicked.
Reason? The lobby is full of Japanese.... :grumpy:
Jesus Christ :boggled:

I join Japanese rooms, usually city-sim ones since US ones are full of racers and not enough cops, along with blind hosts. I've only been insta-kicked one or two times. It used to be that I'd say a greeting, and people would be like "What?!" (In Japanese) and I'll explain that I'm a Japanese person living in America, and then we'd all have fun saying "Sorry" as soon as we bumped eachother. Now they don't even react. I'll say a greeting and get silence. I guess they're used to foreigners joking, but I'm suprised they don't react to a player with a US flag speeking Japanese. I guess there are a number of people that go under that category. I dunno

Not the worst, but a certain friend hates GT6.

Friend: No thanks, GT6 is ***
Me: Sure....

Then he leaves.

Though I had plenty of bad experiences in GT5, still GT6 is getting to that level now.

A couple of days ago, I found a "Track Day" lobby at Nurburgring GP/D (Short layout). I decided to why not join it, as I never seen rooms that hosted track days at the Grand Prix layout. When joining, I heard 2 people in their mics that were pretty loud (one of them is the host, the other was probably their friend.) They were not that annoying however. I even had a fun little battle with the host when I was in my Yaris and he was in his Aqua or something similar like that. He seemed to like slow and short cars, as he always was in them.

Then things started going downhill. This guy joined the room... let's call him "Bob". Bob was pretty fed up on how the people around the track were driving, and telling people to stop ramming. I also saw some rammers, but they mostly attacked the host's little car, which the host didn't care about. I thought Bob was genuinely a great person until he started to talk about how he had a steering wheel and was ultra fast racer, and that he has raced in real life also. (Great, now he is starting to brag.:rolleyes:)

This went on for some minutes until the host called a track vote and the winner was "Willow Springs, Streets of Willow." Some people were doing some slow hot-laps, and then guess what? "Bob" turned into his mighty competitive form and shouted "Who has the fastest lap here?! Oh it's (random person)! I will 🤬 up your lap time in my "tuned" Dodge Charger!" This was getting out of control. However, before he could even do a lap the host randomly started ANOTHER track vote for some reason...:confused: and it turned to "Cape Ring Full" (One of the most boring circuits in the game in my opinion.

I gave my opinion in the chat, saying "The only good layout in my opinion of this track is the inside layout", seeing that people were whining and complaining in the text chat on the new track.

Guess what "Bob" said next in his mic... "The only good layout of this track is learn how to drive, 🤬!

Wait, what? He never saw me drive, as we never met each other on the track and he was mostly spending his time on the menu talking to the host, therefore why is he assuming that I am an unskilled driver because I hate a lifeless track?

He even accused me of being "salty"? WHAT? At this point I didn't want a World War 3 to happen, so I muted everybody in the room, set a good lap time, and left the room to continue on my life.

I guess Kaz was right about how GT6 online is rough like the African Sahara :lol:

P.S, I met the same host the next day in a car show room, (I didn't even know it was a car show because the title just said "NO NOOBS ONLY PROS" and was assuming it was just a free run.) After finding out it was just a car show, I just left the room.

A couple of days ago, I found a "Track Day" lobby at Nurburgring GP/D (Short layout). I decided to why not join it, as I never seen rooms that hosted track days at the Grand Prix layout. When joining, I heard 2 people in their mics that were pretty loud (one of them is the host, the other was probably their friend.) They were not that annoying however. I even had a fun little battle with the host when I was in my Yaris and he was in his Aqua or something similar like that. He seemed to like slow and short cars, as he always was in them.

Then things started going downhill. This guy joined the room... let's call him "Bob". Bob was pretty fed up on how the people around the track were driving, and telling people to stop ramming. I also saw some rammers, but they mostly attacked the host's little car, which the host didn't care about. I thought Bob was genuinely a great person until he started to talk about how he had a steering wheel and was ultra fast racer, and that he has raced in real life also. (Great, now he is starting to brag.:rolleyes:)

This went on for some minutes until the host called a track vote and the winner was "Willow Springs, Streets of Willow." Some people were doing some slow hot-laps, and then guess what? "Bob" turned into his mighty competitive form and shouted "Who has the fastest lap here?! Oh it's (random person)! I will 🤬 up your lap time in my "tuned" Dodge Charger!" This was getting out of control. However, before he could even do a lap the host randomly started ANOTHER track vote for some reason...:confused: and it turned to "Cape Ring Full" (One of the most boring circuits in the game in my opinion.

I gave my opinion in the chat, saying "The only good layout in my opinion of this track is the inside layout", seeing that people were whining and complaining in the text chat on the new track.

Guess what "Bob" said next in his mic... "The only good layout of this track is learn how to drive, 🤬!

Wait, what? He never saw me drive, as we never met each other on the track and he was mostly spending his time on the menu talking to the host, therefore why is he assuming that I am an unskilled driver because I hate a lifeless track?

He even accused me of being "salty"? WHAT? At this point I didn't want a World War 3 to happen, so I muted everybody in the room, set a good lap time, and left the room to continue on my life.

I guess Kaz was right about how GT6 online is rough like the African Sahara :lol:

P.S, I met the same host the next day in a car show room, (I didn't even know it was a car show because the title just said "NO NOOBS ONLY PROS" and was assuming it was just a free run.) After finding out it was just a car show, I just left the room.
Outta say I missed out on that one while playing GT6 yesterday.

I met a few good people on Nurb occasionally, but otherwise there will be those players. Even if they ram my replica of the old 911 GT3 RS.

I was drifting in a Suzuka tandem lobby, and, I faced the biggest problem on GT6. Well:

We were doing the S section (east circuit). I couldn't see somebody who appeared just before I crash him, I couldn't ghost. And the host booted me because of flag, by saying: "Didn't you see the 🤬 flag? Oh man, I 🤬 hate flags, why are flags even existing?"
I was trying to write "Then why don't you mention the flag thing in the room description?". He said that there apparently was no point in writing, and some other 🤬. I left before he kicked me.

The host was a guy from the United States (they always kick me because I don't 🤬 know). He kicked me (Greek), a guy from Chile and another guy from the Netherlands.

Last edited:
I was drifting in a Suzuka tandem lobby, and, I faced the biggest problem on GT6. Well:

We were doing the S section (east circuit). I couldn't see somebody who appeared just before I crash him, I couldn't ghost. And the host booted me because of flag, by saying: "Didn't you see the 🤬 flag? Oh man, I 🤬 hate flags, why are flags even existing?"
I was trying to write "Then why don't you mention the flag thing in the room description?". He said that there apparently was no point in writing, and some other 🤬. I left before he kicked me.

The host was a guy from the United States (they always kick me because I don't 🤬 know). He kicked me (Greek), a guy from Chile and another guy from the Netherlands.
Oh man that sucks. Can't believe he didn't go over the rules before you joined..

Back