Would Porsche sell you over on GT6?

For me it's a shame that EA holds (tightly) the Porsche license :/. It'd definitely win me over if Porsche would be present, though I'll get the game regardless, most likely on the release day.

I suppose for the next few years however things may change as Porsche will release it's new LMP1 car next year and I cannot see EA games being able to showcase it in their silly "cops and robbers" games but both Gran Turismo and Forza would be able to portray it pretty close to reality. I hope Porsche realises that in the very near future as I'd like to take a drive in their new LMP1 car. Fingers Crossed!!!

You know, I want VW to muscle EA and go 'yeah, that entity no longer exists, contract void, pay more or exclusivity is off', that'd be nice.

For somehow, it's true because people think they can outperform other cars of different drivetrains when their RR drivetrains are actually inferior compared to other cars that have FR, MR and 4WD drivetrains. Not sure how it compares to an FF though.

I can only assume you are speaking of the gaming world, not the real world. Otherwise you have been living under a rock if you think the modern 911 drivetrain is inferior...

For many years the 911, with it's RR layout, has been one of the best sports cars money can buy - not to mention the fact that Porsche also make MR (Cayman, Carrera GT) and 4WD (Turbo, Carrera 4 etc.) cars

Either way I've already pre-ordered, but would love to see Porsche in GT. It seems ridiculous for such a significant manufacturer to be left out

CarreraGT
I can only assume you are speaking of the gaming world, not the real world. Otherwise you have been living under a rock if you think the modern 911 drivetrain is inferior...

For many years the 911, with it's RR layout, has been one of the best sports cars money can buy - not to mention the fact that Porsche also make MR (Cayman, Carrera GT) and 4WD (Turbo, Carrera 4 etc.) cars

No. I was speaking about the older models of the Porsche and don't just assume like that just because you're a big fan of it. And the ones with the MR and 4WD drivetrains are the new models. I just don't know if I'm right because I'm not familiar with those models.

Would Porsche sell you over on GT6?

Up until GT5 there was no Ferrari or Lambo but people still bought the games. I`m already sold on GT6 without Porsche.

There are so many manufacturers in GT that unless you`re a Porsche fanatic I don`t get why you would be so sad that one of them is excluded for licensing reasons. I`m happy that GT has the manufacturers it currently does instead of being sad about Porsche.

Last edited:
Honestly, what could PD do with the Porsche license on their hands?

A lot.

I think what some don't understand is were all sick of seeing 911's being subjected to such horrors in Need for Speed...I mean has anyone seen the latest videos of Need for Speed Rivals....I cringe seeing how EA abuses physics and makes the new 991 GT3 looks so ugly with all the ridiculous graphics....its a sad day and someone at Porsche has got to be face palming in seeing this.

The 911 has always been a Gran Touring car and fits perfectly in this game. Beyond the 911 with the other cars that have racing lineage form the 959, 962, 917, etc....it's surely missed.

If you are not aware of what importance Porsche has in the game, pick up a Porsche history book or watch a video on the history of Porsche racing and you will understand....from the 550 on up.

I personally don't really like Porsches. Except for the 70's 911s and the 959. Once they run out of cars to add they can worry about Porsche.

I would still buy it if they released a Porsche car pack DLC and charge a $50 premium for it.

I would even be very satisfied with premium Rufs.

No, it would not. I rather have PD focus on cars that are exciting.

So, you're saying none of these are exciting?

porsche-917-03.jpg

Wollek_Porsche_935_2007.jpg

1977-porsche-930-911-turbo.jpg

86_porsche_962.jpg

2011-Porsche-911-GT2-RS-00.jpg

gt3rs2010_01_opta.jpg

Porsche_911_GT1_1998_CHR0060_Laguna_Seca_2009.jpg

porsche-959-rally-dakar-jpg_100224682_m.jpg

Porsche_Carrera_GT.jpg

1957_porsche_550_spyder-pic-363.jpeg

One can argue that the VW Beetle is technically a "Porsche" since it was designed by Porsche himself. In that regards, you have a "Porsche" in GT.

One can argue that the VW Beetle is technically a "Porsche" since it was designed by Porsche himself. In that regards, you have a "Porsche" in GT.

Horacio Pagani used to design Lamborghinis before forming Pagani Automobili, does that mean they are the same car?...

archie_aileron
I thought one of the major gripes was the absence of tire deformation animations, the lack of motorcycles, and other dumb things people are complaining about on this forum.

Those are being more complained about than the absence of Porsche in the game.

TheeFrogmanlego
Motorcycles were suggested by PD , it would honestly make gt better.

I don't mind if there are no motorcycles in their games but like you said, it would be better if they are in the game. However, it might become similar to MotoGP games, lol.

I will buy the game regardless if Porsche are included or not. I am not a huge Porsche fan and would most probably only use one if it was a Porsche only race.
They make some amazing cars I just prefer Lambo and Ferrari.

I want them in the game. Then didn't mind if they weren't. Then felt it was a possibility as we don't know the complete car list yet. Now, I've given up. I'm happy with the car list so far with new cars I didn't expect to be in GT6.

They could just have the VW group rebrand all Porsches with VW badges, in the real world have one example of each Porsche with a VW badge and BANG! you've suddenly found a way around EA's greed.

Back