Would Porsche sell you over on GT6?

I don't mind if there are no motorcycles in their games but like you said, it would be better if they are in the game. However, it might become similar to MotoGP games, lol.

The only time you'll see motorcycles in GT is when the series is dying and they are desperate to find something to attract more buyers. So long as the series is strong, they'll never mess too much with the formula so don't expect to see bikes in GT anytime soon.

Johnnypenso
The only time you'll see motorcycles in GT is when the series is dying and they are desperate to find something to attract more buyers. So long as the series is strong, they'll never mess too much with the formula so don't expect to see bikes in GT anytime soon.

I was never a motorcycle fan. Was just saying that the game could be better with it but I don't like it and they don't have to anyway. IMO, the game can also become more boring with it. So there's no point of adding motorcycles in the game, unless the series is dying, as what you have said.

Put bikes on GT and drive away the core fans of the series. Is simple as that.

I like bikes, but they deserve their own game.

I don't particularly like Porsches but more variety is always best. I don't see the point for this thread anyways since there will be Porsches in GT6 in the form of RUF and Volkswagen Beetle anyway. That's more than some other manufacturers get, some don't even get mentioned, much less represented in some form or another.

Motorcycles were suggested by PD , it would honestly make gt better.

Motorbikes are a completely different means of transportation. If they include motorbikes, where will it stop? Buses, trains, airplanes?

Motorbikes should have their own game. Gran Turismo is "The real driving simulator" not the real riding simulator...

As a fan of both Porsche and GT, yes it would.

Porsche + GT6's physics = drool emote.

That is all.

No Porsche no GT for me.

I'm just bs'ing like everybody else here I know it's the invited guest that didn't show up for the party but,There plenty of others to keep me busy.

Serioulsy, since I saw this Porsche sponsorised by Gran Turismo and proudly showen on PS3 France twitter, I'm almost sure we'll see at least this GT as unique Porsche model in the game. Why not ?

Serioulsy, since I saw this Porsche sponsorised by Gran Turismo and proudly showen on PS3 France twitter, I'm almost sure we'll see at least this GT as unique Porsche model in the game. Why not ?

You mean the GT sponsorship on the top of the winshield?

aston-martin-n24-13.jpg

That means nothing...

Why not? Because GT sponsors dozens, even hundreds of cars, many/most of which aren't in the game. Why would you think this particular car would be any different? Oh I know, because if it's posted on Twit-ter it must be true!!

They also sponsored Le Man's in junction with their big sister Sony and we didn't see every one of those cars in a game at the same time. Sponsorships are just sponsorships they don't mean a bigger commitment or one beyond the race being sponsored.

Maybe they're not in the game because they were not enough interesting (modelize a car cost time and money).

What do you mean? There is plenty of interest in these types of cars, but mandatory sponsorship for a race event doesn't mean those cars will be apart of any other features related to the sponsor.

Variety is the spice of life, so it would be nice to see Porsches in the game. We don't need another equivalent of the Nissan Skyline fiasco though. Please PD, keep it to one 911 from each decade maximum! Imagine if PD brought along all variations of the 356, 914, 911, not to mention the massive amounts of racing versions of those cars! A quarter of the cars in GT6 would be Porsches then...

What do you mean? There is plenty of interest in these types of cars, but mandatory sponsorship for a race event doesn't mean those cars will be apart of any other features related to the sponsor.

I never said that but we can perfectly imagine an agreement in the sponsoring contract allowing Podi to use the licence in Gran Turismo, especially on Porsche.

Yeah GT are always interesting but, for the major part of customers, generic cars will always be more attractive so we can suppose Podi didn't want to waste time in that.

I repeat and insist, it's just supposition and question, thanks to answer, I didn't understand why it wouldn't be the case.

They also sponsor the D1 series for most of its season in Japan and we most certainly don't see all of those cars in the game.
004-big.jpg

I never said that but we can perfectly imagine an agreement in the sponsoring contract allowing Podi to use the licence in Gran Turismo, especially on Porsche.

Yeah GT are always interesting but, for the major part of customers, generic cars will always be more attractive so we can suppose Podi didn't want to waste time in that.

I repeat and insist, it's just supposition and question, thanks to answer, I didn't understand why it wouldn't be the case.

No they can't there have been tons of threads on this subject. Porsche is already owned by EA, a sponsor tag for a race is not the same as a collaborative effort to use the likeness of a product to sell another product. It is just money they provide to help allow the series to run.

PD have always been in the business of showing new cars or cars that are made up and different, these are not anything like casual cars. Also they bring in cars from regions that I can say I never knew prior to GT1/GT2 and the same goes for many others of different regions. These aren't casual at all so that reasoning doesn't hold water I'm afraid.

I will buy GT6 regardless, but man I wish they could bring Porsche to the series. They really stand out in their absence now that we have manufacturers like Ferrari and Lamborghini on board. Want to drive Porsches so bad!

As in, would you buy GT6 simply because Porsche would be included?

To answer both question: No and No.

I didnt read other people's reply but i believe you asked the wrong questions.

Being on GTPlanet, i think what you meant to ask is: "at which point would not no buy GT games?" Which missing feature would make you boycott the game altogether?"

Because honestly, i bought GT games despite Porsche not present. So if there are featured, great. There are not, i am still getting GT6 because of everything else.

I'd buy the game (and I will) with or with out porsche. I've never been a huge Porsche guy, so not having the Porsche liscense is not a deal breaker. I must admit however, that I'd like to see at least a premium RUF in GT6... just for gits and shiggles

Meh, I could care less if Porsche was in GT6. Although I would have new respect for PD and Sony Computer Entertainment if Porsche were included.

From a rough translation (Google translate), it seems that the PlaystationFR rep in that tweet is saying "you have the eye :)". Can anyone who speaks French provide a better translation?

If accurate, then Sony/PD are strongly hinting of Porsche content in GT6. Why expose the car like that and make such a comment when you're not even going to feature the car? Hmm....

Latest Posts

Back