WRC 10 Announced, Coming September 2 on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 460 comments
Generations is going to be a grind as I think I'm on level 88/150 and I've won the WRC Championship

If you get bored of the championships, spamming the Tartu stage (Estonia) is the fastest way to get XP. You can also set up a single stage club event every 24hs for more XP.

Having some fun with wrc10, the 205 t16 evo2 is pretty fun at finland, a good challenge to stay on the road.
Too bad the sound especially in replay isn't too hot.
But i really like the feel of ffb on the g29 on ps5.
The celica is another one with abysmal sound lol,
shame.

I noticed compared to wrc9, the headlights are so weak at night, in 9 they are super good.
Still has the problem of being too dark..

Edit: really liking Arvaja Finland stage, lot of fun with bumps, trying each historic car on it.

Feels really pretty great, reasonable handling, grip, physics over bumps, and the more skidding when over bigger rolling gravel it seems.
Love that.

Edit2: strange how the audi quattro a2 seems to pile on dirt so much faster on the windshield than many other cars on dirt. Im in finland stage, dry.

Does that car spew oil from the top of the hood 🤔 🤪🤣😋.

Last edited:
Reviving this discussion as my interest in rally games has reborn due to getting a shifter.

Currently on Xbox series X with a thrustmaster tsxw, t3pm's & th8a.

Been playing dirt 2.0 via gamepass it is fun but lacks content unless you pay extra for dlc which I'm not willing to do.

I tried the 5hr trial of ea sports wrc & liked it although yet another game not entirely ready for release with stuttering & frame rate issues also not willing to pay to be a Guinea pig for a multi million dollar company so that can wait a little while until purchase.

Heard that wrc generations had a throttle bug which the developers state it's working as intended despite many complaints so I didn't bother with it.

That left wrc 9 or 10, both fairly cheap to purchase wrc 9 at £3 ish & wrc 10 at £8 ish. So after going back & forth reading/watching reviews (although apparently both having their pros & cons) wrc 10 was the better option due to slightly refined more physics & the 50th anniversary content.

However this is where I'm at right now currently awaiting a refund request from xbox regarding the fact that the none of the vibration settings work as intended with a thrustmaster wheel.
The ffb settings work albeit not all feeling is there regarding suspension feel when going over jumps compared to all other racing/rally games I've played across my xbox or pc.
The vibration settings for any of the options being suspension, road, engine, collision etc just cause an unacceptable humming/buzzing/dull wine noise from the wheel as if its broken or they've forgotten to code the vibration/impact sensation into the game.
So the only way to play is to turn off all vibration but then you get a crap sensation regarding suspension feel as there no thudd when you land a jump.
This was supposed to have been fixed in previous patches but it's not & also another bug that was supposed to be fixed was loss of ffb after pausing the game but I can assure you it's still there.

Reviving this discussion as my interest in rally games has reborn due to getting a shifter.

Been playing dirt 2.0 via gamepass it is fun but lacks content unless you pay extra for dlc which I'm not willing to do.

I tried the 5hr trial of ea sports wrc & liked it although yet another game not entirely ready for release with stuttering & frame rate issues also not willing to pay to be a Guinea pig for a multi million dollar company so that can wait a little while until purchase.

Heard that wrc generations had a throttle bug which the developers state it's working as intended despite many complaints so I didn't bother with it.

That left wrc 9 or 10, both fairly cheap to purchase wrc 9 at £3 ish & wrc 10 at £8 ish. So after going back & forth reading/watching reviews (although apparently both having their pros & cons) wrc 10 was the better option due to slightly refined more physics & the 50th anniversary content.

However this is where I'm at right now currently awaiting a refund request from xbox regarding the fact that the none of the vibration settings work as intended with a thrustmaster wheel.
The ffb settings work albeit not all feeling is there regarding suspension feel when going over jumps compared to all other racing/rally games I've played across my xbox or pc.
The vibration settings for any of the options being suspension, road, engine, collision etc just cause an unacceptable humming/buzzing/dull wine noise from the wheel as if its broken or they've forgotten to code the vibration/impact sensation into the game.
So the only way to play is to turn off all vibration but then you get a crap sensation regarding suspension feel as there no thudd when you land a jump.
This was supposed to have been fixed in previous patches but it's not & also another bug that was supposed to be fixed was loss of ffb after pausing the game but I can assure you it's still there.
Shame, im on ps5 with a g29 and i didn't notice much problem really.
And very intuitive reliable feel of control.
I like 9 too, has bit more lively physics/controls maybe but less believable for me maybe, just strange steering and behavior a little.

Sound is also better for me in 10 in cockpit pov.

Last edited:

Right now, EAWRC is the best rally game to buy, last weeks hotfix made a huge difference on the stutter and tear issues, hardly notice it now myself. WRC10 would be the other recommendation, but as you have found out, has its own series of issues which pretty much every KT game has.

As you're in the UK, some deals to be had on EAWRC around, the game colleciton and Amazon have it for £22, well worth it at the price even with a few lingering issues.

Oh I know about current fixes & deals regarding ea wrc, I'm keeping my close eye on it. Wondering if it'll appear on gamepass via ea play.

Shame, im on ps5 with a g29 and i didn't notice much problem really.
And very intuitive reliable feel of control.
I like 9 too, has bit more lively physics/controls maybe but less believable for me maybe, just strange steering and behavior a little.

Sound is also better for me in 10 in cockpit pov.
Yeah apparently it's a weird combination issues so I've found out.
Xbox/fanatec all good
Xbox/logitech all good
Xbox/thrustmaster no good
Ps/fanatec all good
Ps/logitech all good
Ps/thrustmaster all good
PC/all wheels all good.
So I'm stuck with the wrong combination that will never be fixed.

Well I was unsuccessful getting a refund so I thought I might as well play the game.

Not sure if anyone is still playing this with a thrustmaster on xbox but one thing I noticed is (because this game doesn't have a soft lock setting) if you change the DOR manually on the wheel base using mode + left/right you get a little more detail out of the FFB as opposed to using the in game DOR setting

Default example...

Thrustmaster tsxw dor 1080
In game dor 540
Overall force 100
Aligning torque 100
Tyre load 100
Centre force 100

But instead try...

Thrustmaster tsxw dor 540
In game dor 1080
Overall force 100
Aligning torque 100
Tyre load 100
Centre force 100

(Obviously not with the default ffb settings but your own).

Exactly the same settings but a completely different feel, & it's quicker to change dor when driving older rally cars if you wish.

The only downside is to remember to change it when you turn your wheel on (as its not a permanent setting) or changing it back to 1080 if you load up another racing game that uses soft lock (as this can cause soft lock to not work properly).

But if it gives you a bit more detail in the ffb then I think it's worth it.

Last edited:
Altering the steering sensitivity to -9 as well as reducing the braking and throttle sensitivity is a game changer on controller. I think from there on in, it’s hard to argue against the idea that WRC10 is the peak of the KT series. Default values are far too sensitive, twitchy and borderline unplayable on some rallies but once you tweak it the physics are so, so good and I don’t think Generations can quite match up.

KT got very arsey with their customers by the end and their almost immediate abandonment of Generations just seemed like a bit of a “**** you, we’ve seen out our contract, go whinge to someone else” strop. And my God they did, didn’t they….EA and Codemasters now getting the full wrath of a customer base who just can’t ever seem to be satisfied with anything. These games were genuinely good.

Last edited:
Another work around for this bug ridden game on xbox.

If you lose force feedback on your wheel for being inactive just turn your wheel off via holding the big Xbox button on the wheel base & select turn off controller, your wheel will turn back on automatically after 5 seconds & your ffb will be working again.

At least you don't have to quit the game & restart anymore.

This also works during a rally if you pause for to long so no need to restart the rally either.

Back