WRC 10 Announced, Coming September 2 on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 460 comments
I'm on pc and the game doesn't seem to recognize my t300rs, is there anyway to fix this?
Never in history of video games, a single video game was released 100 % polished and finished without bugs and glitches. Espesially novadays when every system is Connected to internet every developer write a game up to a sertain point. Then sells it and then release patches fixing problems. So in conclusion, Never buy games on launch day. Always wait month or two untill major issues are fixed.
I am waiting :) 😀

Never in history of video games, a single video game was released 100 % polished and finished without bugs and glitches. Espesially novadays when every system is Connected to internet every developer write a game up to a sertain point. Then sells it and then release patches fixing problems. So in conclusion, Never buy games on launch day. Always wait month or two untill major issues are fixed.
I am waiting :) 😀
Me too. Im thinking Jan/Feb should be a good time.

I'm on pc and the game doesn't seem to recognize my t300rs, is there anyway to fix this?
My T300 works fine with WRC 10 (on PC as well - Steam version), have you updated the drivers on the T300 as it has been known to cause problems if they are out of date?

Patch update on steam.
Yep -> Patch Notes - Version 1.1.20.21 (Steam)
Hello Drivers,

A new update for WRC 10 (v.1.1.20.21) is now available to download on your Steam client. This hotfix addresses some of the issues you've reported us such as the easing the access for Private Teams in the Career Mode, balancing the difficulty of the Anniversary Mode events, resolving various compatibility issues with steering wheels and more!

Please read the patch notes below to learn about the hotfix's content.

Peripherals
  • Fixed an issue that would make players lost randomly the FFB of their Thrustmaster's steering wheels if they paused the game.
  • Fixed FFB on Fanatec steering wheels
  • Fix on all Fanatec steering wheels with shift light
  • Fixed Localisation for some steering wheel names
  • Empty cursor tooltip shown on the press start screen
Game balancing
  • Allowing Private Team access through WRC1 Category
  • Fixed an issue with the Epic Stage of Rally Estonia (ES Kanepi) was interpreted as a SSS
  • Fix issues when switching from a Manufacturer to a Private Team
  • The difficulty of the Anniversary Events has been tweaked (required times have been increased from 10 to 30 seconds depending of the stages)
Performance issues
  • Fix has been made on particles performances and spawn issues
Crash Fixes
  • Switching camera in replay on some shakedowns
  • Changing Tyres in Manufacturer Tryout
  • Voice chat issues
User Interface
  • Various polish & bug fixes
  • Fix Clubs leaderboards display
  • Fix the End User License Agreement (EULA) which could open at the wrong moment
Others
  • Update credits
  • Fix on the Safe Area

Thanks to all of our players for being awesome, updates will keep coming. Let us know your feedback in the comments here or on the Steam forums!

T300 FFB Settings (PC Version).

I also found out yesterday that WRC 10 supports 360 capture via NVidia cards, which is fun.

c  program files (x86) steam steamapps common wrc 10 fia world rally championship wrc10.exe 36...jpg

Link to the 360 viewer:

Last edited:
Hello Drivers,

A new update for WRC 10 (v.1.1.20.21) is now available to download on your Steam client. This hotfix addresses some of the issues you've reported us such as the easing the access for Private Teams in the Career Mode, balancing the difficulty of the Anniversary Mode events, resolving various compatibility issues with steering wheels and more!

Peripherals
  • Fixed an issue that would make players lost randomly the FFB of their Thrustmaster's steering wheels if they paused the game.
Game balancing
  • Fixed an issue with the Epic Stage of Rally Estonia (ES Kanepi) was interpreted as a SSS
  • The difficulty of the Anniversary Events has been tweaked (required times have been increased from 10 to 30 seconds depending of the stages)
Performance issues
Crash Fixes
  • Voice chat issues
User Interface
  • Fix the End User License Agreement (EULA) which could open at the wrong moment
Others
  • Update credits
  • Fix on the Safe Area

Thanks to all of our players for being awesome, updates will keep coming. Let us know your feedback in the comments here or on the Steam forums!
There you have it everyone.
Official confirmation that @Scaff is awesome! :D

Hello Drivers,

Peripherals
Game balancing
Performance issues
Crash Fixes
  • Voice chat issues
User Interface
Others
  • Update credits
  • Fix on the Safe Area

I'm almost disappointed that they've made the anniversary events easier. Fortunately I'd completed them before this patch. Part of the charm and joy of that mode was the actual challenge it gave.

I'm almost disappointed that they've made the anniversary events easier. Fortunately I'd completed them before this patch. Part of the charm and joy of that mode was the actual challenge it gave.
I hope it wasn't because someone at KT read me moaning about the 205T16 NZ one up above, as I did manage to beat that the very next day.

The game now doesn't seem to want to give me any of them in my career mode now, despite me having all the r+d event thingies and the WRC being my doormat at basically every rally...

The final event was the only one I hadn't completed. Previously everyone seemed to be complaining about one of the monte carlo events the most but I didn't have much trouble with that time once I got a good clean run in. Perhaps it's much harder with a controller.

I finally started the career mode afterwards with a custom team. The last WRC game I played was 2 or 3 almost 10 years ago. So far very impressed with the depth of the career mode.

Cant believe people dont like it or think the graphics and sound are crap.

Both are amazing in my opinion you must be really picky to think otherwise.

Dirt 2 is about the same level as this game only this has better physics and stage design

The final event was the only one I hadn't completed. Previously everyone seemed to be complaining about one of the monte carlo events the most but I didn't have much trouble with that time once I got a good clean run in. Perhaps it's much harder with a controller.

I finally started the career mode afterwards with a custom team. The last WRC game I played was 2 or 3 almost 10 years ago. So far very impressed with the depth of the career mode.
Yeah the 1984 Audu Quattro event seemed to get targeted, as well as the 205 on New Zealand, Quattro on San Remo and the final event. I completed all of them on controller as well.

I think the complaining is a sign that games have become too easy. People cant beat it first time or maybe 2nd time out and therefore its too hard or glitched. It's disappointing as it will affect the new anniversary events when they get added, the times will be very easily achievable and the challenge will be lost.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware of the patch that made the anniversary events easier (haven't played in a few days), but I was definitely one of the players who was stuck on the Quattro event at Monte Carlo. Playing with a controller and already lacking the skills to play the game at anything more than a casual level, I simply could not complete the time requirement. Assuming it's based on real world times, props to the players who could complete it!

I don't necessarily think they needed to make the events easier in anniversary mode, though, I only hoped they would unlock all of the events so I can at least play other stages before going back for more attempts at the Quattro one.

Unfortunately a bigger issue with the game, or maybe my PS4, is that it has been freezing frequently. Hoping this latest patch fixes that problem for me.

Last edited:
It'll be sooner than that, waaay sooner. It'll start next year. There are already plenty of next gen only games, especially for Xbox.
I hope but i don't expect the situation to be different for wrc11 or f122.
I wasn't aware of the patch that made the anniversary events easier (haven't played in a few days), but I was definitely one of the players who was stuck on the Quattro event at Monte Carlo. Playing with a controller and already lacking the skills to play the game at anything more than a casual level, I simply could not complete the time requirement. Assuming it's based on real world times, props to the players who could complete it!

I don't necessarily think they needed to make the events easier in anniversary mode, though, I only hoped they would unlock all of the events so I can at least play other stages before going back for more attempts at the Quattro one.

Unfortunately a bigger issue with the game, or maybe my PS4, is that it has been freezing frequently. Hoping this latest patch fixes that problem for me.
It freezes also in ps5 and framerate is really bad in balanced mode.

A pretty poor game from the technical side. Xan't wait for codemaster to take over.

I hope but i don't expect the situation to be different for wrc11 or f122.

It freezes also in ps5 and framerate is really bad in balanced mode.

A pretty poor game from the technical side. Xan't wait for codemaster to take over.
Pretty much how wrc9 was when it launched
They usually have it fixed for start of esports season

Has it fixed framerate and tearing?
Doesn't appear to have.

PC Only Fixes

• Steering wheel issues
Fixes for All Platforms (PC+Consoles)

• Game balancing

• Performance issues

• Crash Fixes
    • Sound issue related to Fmod on PS4 and PS5 during long stages (i.e. El Puma/Chile) on PS4 and PS5
    • Voice chat issues
    • Fixed a crash when 8 players where in an Online Multiplayer issue (PlayStation 5 Only)

• User Interface

• Others
    • Update credits
    • Fix on the Safe Area

Unfortunately no information about upcoming patches for WRC 10 and now the player base is fewer than from the old Dirt Rally 1 ... even the all time peak from WRC 10 is lower than the 24h peak from DR 2.

Some of the bugs are already in WRC 9 and are also in WRC 10. Also stupid things like that you can't use wet tires in Junior because they are behind a unlock barrier but you can't unlock because the skill tree is not available in Junior. And don't forget the worse lighting in cockpit view or the unbalanced AI times in career.

-> Player base in steam: SteamDB DR - DR2 - WRC 9 - WRC 10

Last edited:
Unfortunately no information about upcoming patches for WRC 10 and now the player base is fewer than from the old Dirt Rally 1 ... even the all time peak from WRC 10 is lower than the 24h peak from DR 2.

Some of the bugs are already in WRC 9 and are also in WRC 10. Also stupid things like that you can't use wet tires in Junior because they are are behind a unlock barrier but you can't unlock because the skill tree is not available in Junior. And don't forget the worse lighting in cockpit view or the unbalanced AI times in career.

-> Player base in steam: SteamDB DR - DR2 - WRC 9 - WRC 10
Not surprising really but I'll continue to play WRC over Dirt, mostly due to just personal flavour of preferring the KT stages to Codies stages (Codies Sweden is so frustrating!).

I personally feel like people are very forgiving towards the Dirt games and rather harsh on the WRC games though both have clear room for improvement, wrc in stability and overall polish and dirt in terms of content and a less aggressively rude DLC model.

I hope they can patch 10 up a bit better in the meantime as it may be the last chance to drive these wonderful KT stages before Codies take the license and everything short of the 3 factory WRC cars becomes a £3 dlc :P

Latest Posts

Back