WRC officially in Gran Turismo 5!

• Thread starter Timppaq
  • 610 comments
Polyphony just delivered what I want from the rally elements. Point to point, randomly generate, co-drivers.

Now, can we have the voice of Nicky Grist? :D

I'd like to see a random track generator, if they could do it on the PS1, why can't they do it here? The damage screen also shows tire wear, suspension and bumper damage.

Polyphony just delivered what I want from the rally elements. Point to point, randomly generate, co-drivers.

Now, can we have the voice of Nicky Grist? :D

Since they have the 2008 license, I wonder if Phil Mills will be co-piloting for Petter Solberg. :lol:

And we can count out Ogier, Block and Raikkonen.

The randomly generated point to point in offline mode is great, the ability to share the tracks means that online mode will truly be where the rally is at.

Co-Pilot audio will of course be done in total class as PD usually does, one does wonder exactly how many languages will be included though...

+weather +night +damage +rollover

Droolfest 2010 @here.:drool::drool::drool::drool:

After a spirited bout of Time attacks at Citta di Aria in a Maxi Renault, my mouth is watering at the possibilities in GT5s rally mode, the course maker is golden, now if they had challenges for different rally classes, Group B , N, new WRC and vintage challenges.

:drool: 6 weeks...

After a spirited bout of Time attacks at Citta di Aria in a Maxi Renault, my mouth is watering at the possibilities in GT5s rally mode, the course maker is golden, now if they had challenges for different rally classes, Group B , N, new WRC and vintage challenges.

:drool: 6 weeks...

That would be heaven. Cause then if they include Pike' Peak Hill Climb again the possibilities are endless!

have pace notes been confrirmed? if so, my excitment levels will go up 100 notches...november seems so far away but thankfully wrc 2010 is released today, I live in New Zealand so were amongst the first to see the day therefore among the first to play the full version :D. Cant wait to pick up my copy later on, first thing im going to do is turn off all the driving aids to make it abit more fun. Im not expecting too much from the game but it'll tie me over until gt5 is released :)

The "GT Rallye" will feature a working co-driver.
I'm curious if it will also work on self-made point-to-point tracks.

EDIT: By the way, the WRC 2010 game is pretty bad, at least when driving with a pad, the input-lag is so big, that you cannot steer precisely, horrible.

The "GT Rallye" will feature a working co-driver.
I'm curious if it will also work on self-made point-to-point tracks.

EDIT: By the way, the WRC 2010 game is pretty bad, at least when driving with a pad, the input-lag is so big, that you cannot steer precisely, horrible.

Yes they said that the rally events will feature randomly generated PtP stages, i dont know about user made custom stages tho...

WRC game bites a pretty big bird, but if you wanna kill a month of time and want something that will make GT look even amazinger, get it.

I'm curious about some other aspects of the game, like Service Areas\time, time control(checking in on time to avoid losing points), launch control(which seems to be absent from WRC game), co-driver voices\languages if male or female or both..?

Will the co-driver change with the driver aka Elena with Loeb, Mills with Solberg(cuz of the 08 license.), or will it be a generic co driver?

The weather aspect will intensify gameplay because mid rally you could get caught with slicks when it starts to rain and you dont have a service for another 2 stages... :drool:

Definitely.

but if you wanna kill a month of time and want something that will make GT look even amazinger, get it.
Errr, no. I'm ok with Dirt 2.

I just hope the user generated rally courses are actually just as wide as the car (or a little wider) instead of 5 cars wide like all of the past rally courses in GT. Like I said earlier I hope we see debris (bushes, rocks) in the road that we have to avoid or risk damaging our car.

I just hope the user generated rally courses are actually just as wide as the car (or a little wider) instead of 5 cars wide like all of the past rally courses in GT. Like I said earlier I hope we see debris (bushes, rocks) in the road that we have to avoid or risk damaging our car.
Defently agree on this post. But im very affraid PD will dissapoint me on the rally part. On the other hand I dont think PD is so stupid that they make all most “rally“ tracks fuji wide...or are they :scared:

Only track I can remember from GT who have almost real rally width is Grand Canyon, lets just pray it will be more then one track with real rally width in GT5

Definitely.

Errr, no. I'm ok with Dirt 2.

Indeed. Looking forward to Dirt3 as well. D2 still provides loads of enjoyment, especially on the big screen. The one thing that irks me though is that the game only gets output at 720p resolution even though the PS3 itself pushes out 1080p.

Last edited:
I've noted elsewhere on GTPlanet that I've been thinking more about the Toscana course in the GT5 kiosk demo. I have my doubts, but I think most of us will be at least semi-impressed. At least from my GT5 demo impressions (as posted in my blog), the cars still feel a bit heavy off-road. The rallying environment should be much improved. The addition of particle effects when off-road should help to make rally racing a bit more interesting.

I may spend more time studying the Toscana track to envision the possibilities of what the Track Editor could provide. I don't know... Toscana just seems like there is much more to be desired and envisioned for making tracks as well as racing these tracks in a rally environment.

I don't know how good off-road physics will be in GT5, however I already found a much better feeling in GT PSP than it was in GT4.
In GT4 I found dirt-driving very slipery, like you'd be driving on ice. You wouldn't have the feeling of the tires digging into the dirt to find some grip, like you would in PS2 WRC games. In that respect, GT PSP was already an improvement. I hope GT5 will get even better.

Sebastien "Big 7" Loeb was a consultant and has a challenge\rally school named in his honor in GT5, nuff said.

Surely HE of anyone should have given the proper feedback to make the GT5 physics as realistic as possible.

I haven't had enough time to study all of Gran Turismo PSP. I've played it only once on a kiosk, so I can't comment on GT PSP rallying. The best rally game I've ever played was Colin McRae Rally 2.0. I was even looking into buying Colin McRae Rally 2005 online or something. I don't think GT5 rallying will be the best of any rally experience in any racing game, but it is possible with this new driving model for it to be the finest in some time.

I think PD seriously will need to work on rally racing for GT6 if GT5 disappoints in this department. Then again, Sebastien Loeb's insight will definitely give that kick in the backside for GT rallying.

I too am thinking they will dissapoint me a little. We know nothing of Rally except, rally cars are in the game, Sebastion Loeb is in the game, and Toscana is a semi rally track, other than p2p (again user created probably because they are not focusing on rallying that much IMO)which they just recently told us we still haven't seen it in action, only 24 more days. For some of us :)

That's my impressions of the Toscana rally track in the 3D demo here

Did 1 race in the Citroen Rally car on that Toscana gravel track, and it felt good! It's not as slippery like everyone says, it actually "felt" like gravel with a control pad. There was a definite gravel "texture" to it, but if you went onto the dirt sections on the side then it become more slippery. I pretty much feathered the throttle between 2nd and 3rd most of the time and it felt more or less like Richards Burns rally or something.
I guess if you try to drive like on a tarmac road, then it might be slippery...
When it gets dark it's really hard to see though

The Rally car sounded pretty good, as a turbo'ed inline 4 would sound, kinda boomy type note. The other street cars thin out a lot in cockpit view like in those Epsilon vids.

As shown from the Gamescom closed door breakout session, there will be proper rally driving in GT5. Cars go after each other at timed intervals.
All stages are randomly generated point to point, with co-driver speech.
Stage times are cumulative.
Offline or 16 player online

Rally is very Intense My rally fans, I think your going to have a great time with it in GT5. 👍

[YOUTUBEHD]wBCj8_RDgFc[/YOUTUBEHD]

Last edited:
What do we know about the inclusion of Group B rally cars in the game so far? The only one`s I have seen confirmed is the 205 T16 and the 5 Maxi + the Lancia Stratos (Allthough not a group B car).

It would be great to see the 037, Delta S4 (Which was in GT4), the RS200, Metro 6r4 and of course the Quattro S1 E2.

Have we had confirmed that there will be run point to point stages on snow and tarmac too?

What do we know about the inclusion of Group B rally cars in the game so far? The only one`s I have seen confirmed is the 205 T16 and the 5 Maxi + the Lancia Stratos (Allthough not a group B car).

It would be great to see the 037, Delta S4 (Which was in GT4), the RS200, Metro 6r4 and of course the Quattro S1 E2.

The RS200 was also in GT4, and based on the assumption that most if not all cars from GT4 are returning, we should see that and the S4. I wouldn't expect to see any additional Group B cars though, unfortunately.

Have we had confirmed that there will be run point to point stages on snow and tarmac too?

There are a few seen in this PSP trailer, which is all early GT5 footage

[YOUTUBEHD]989wEe_PgXU[/YOUTUBEHD]

There are a few seen in this PSP trailer, which is all early GT5 footage

Thanks. I didn't spot any Group B cars in there that weren't in GT4, but it did remind me that the Nissan 240RS (in that intro movie) and Mitsubishi Starion in GT4 were also Group B spec cars (though I'm not sure the Starion was ever rallied in Group B).

Thanks. I didn't spot any Group B cars in there that weren't in GT4, but it did remind me that the Nissan 240RS (in that intro movie) and Mitsubishi Starion in GT4 were also Group B spec cars (though I'm not sure the Starion was ever rallied in Group B).

Yep, it did although not for long though.:)

mitsubishi-starion-4wd-1985-360cv.jpg

I'm guessing that there will be at least one Pergeot 205 group B rally car, seeing as GT4 featured 2 different versions.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the there will be at least one Pergeot 205 group B rally car, seeing as GT4 featured 2 different versions.

I guess both versions wil be in GT5, as all cars in GT4 will be in GT5 ( possibly only as Standard ones though ).

Latest Posts

Back