Helsinki
GTP_Timppaq
WRC officially on Gran Turismo 5!

wrc_logo.gif

That's it folks. As a Rally fan, I'm LOVING this! Discuss away... :D

Here's a teaser that RACECAR made:

👍 👍

Last edited:
So does this mean real rally racing and not fake circuit racing?

Either way I'm happy as I've been waiting forever for a mention of rally racing in GT5.

Wow I can't believe PD can get so many official series in one game.

Who needs DiRT 2 now?

Also, it appears there will be point to point rally stages. I think that is huge and awesome.

GT5 is going to be a beast! Can't wait.

Me too mate, this made me even happier than seeing the damage!!!

I was dissapointed when Evolution studios scrapped the New WRC game, but not now

I hope they have real WRC stages! Head to head WRC is not cool IMO

-> Cool! I hope they feature old school rally cars like the all-conquering Audi group B and the Makkinen Evo V. :)

Well I think the Evo V was in GT4 so it has a good chance of being in 5.

Hopefully they have the whole series in the game(track wise).

I hope there are real stages in GT5. Being able to drive a section of the Monte Carlo rally would be nice.

Seeing Petter Solberg's name appear on the side of that Impreza made me really happy. Hopefully we'll actually be able to race against these drivers.

I've been waiting for a true WRC game to come to the U.S. for the last eight years. PD look like they're going to deliver.

Well, WRC is here, time to put those drifting skills to good use!! :)
I really doubt I will be playing any other type of racing besides drifting and rally when GT5 comes out now! :lol:

I wonder, with this and the Nascar license, if PD has created these elements within GT5 in a fully formed sense, in a somewhat limited sense, as separate games entirely, or some combination of these.

I can't see an entire WRC series/career mode within GT5, but I can see how they could implement some of the cars and tracks/roads to add to the overall base that makes GT5-same for Nascar. I can see them taking the development of these parts of GT5 to the next level, and creating an entire game where you race the actual events with real-life drivers, something that has never existed at all in the GT series.

These would be games that could be purchased stand-alone by consumers who did not already have GT5, or if you already have GT5, they could be DL, hopefully for less money! I can't see them having the licenses and only using them within the Gran Tourismo series, it just doesn't make sense.

If that's how they do it, I'd buy them all. GT games are a bit sterile- beautiful, involving, realistic, but missing some of the elements that make a Nascar or WRC game enjoyable. The in-car and damage shots in the rally part of the trailer have me in great anticipation for what is coming from PD.:)

I wonder, with this and the Nascar license, if PD has created these elements within GT5 in a fully formed sense, in a somewhat limited sense, as separate games entirely, or some combination of these.

I can't see an entire WRC series/career mode within GT5, but I can see how they could implement some of the cars and tracks/roads to add to the overall base that makes GT5-same for Nascar. I can see them taking the development of these parts of GT5 to the next level, and creating an entire game where you race the actual events with real-life drivers, something that has never existed at all in the GT series.

These would be games that could be purchased stand-alone by consumers who did not already have GT5, or if you already have GT5, they could be DL, hopefully for less money! I can't see them having the licenses and only using them within the Gran Tourismo series, it just doesn't make sense.

If that's how they do it, I'd buy them all. GT games are a bit sterile- beautiful, involving, realistic, but missing some of the elements that make a Nascar or WRC game enjoyable. The in-car and damage shots in the rally part of the trailer have me in great anticipation for what is coming from PD.:)

This is something that has never been in a sim game this style as far as I'm aware of. Another first from PD and the GT series.

(I'm talking about from the beginning also not by user mods.)

Seeing Rally in GT5 looking like that with official WRC is just WoW!

Im huge rally fan, love Richard burns rally n cant wait for this! I hope the handling is up to standard (like RB rally)

I really doubt that. They showed the WRC logo, it would be false advertising in a way if they didn't have all the official cars and a championship mode. It's not like it's hard to make a WRC championship either it will be the same as the other ones except it is on point to point circuits

I think all rally fans need to be refreshed on amar's 3rd tale... it says someting about the skypaths not being solid and not being known for the first time. Relates strictly to rally, point to point, right?

He also says the game will be offered in several forms, I persnally think this mean a regular GT5 and then GT5 with NASCAR and WRC bcause they have to charge more for these series. anybody agree?

+ many for this.... Love rally and this just looks sensational. I was pretty happy with how good Dirt 2 was looking, but the fact GT combines so many disciplines in one game is gold.

As for the comment on "racing against the live racers" I have been wondering about this for some time. The live GPS data is there during the race, and could easily be made available as an "online event" both during and after the actual race itself.
A few years ago I started to put my TV in split screen during the MotoGP and race Rossi (live race one side , MotoGP game the other) :) It shouldnt be a huge leap to make something like this available in game.

I think all rally fans need to be refreshed on amar's 3rd tale... it says someting about the skypaths not being solid and not being known for the first time. Relates strictly to rally, point to point, right?

He also says the game will be offered in several forms, I persnally think this mean a regular GT5 and then GT5 with NASCAR and WRC bcause they have to charge more for these series. anybody agree?

I really doubt Amar means the "several forms" to be GT PSP and GT5. If PD is really making a GT5 with and another without Nascar and WRC, they will be getting people really mad!

What? Why would PD put WRC in GT5? I mean, they don't race each other directly, they just go out and drive by themselves. And WRC drivers suck, only crappy drivers need directions from someone! This is SO STUPID, I'M BUYING AN XBOX AND GETTING FORZA 3!!!

;)

What? Why would PD put WRC in GT5? I mean, they don't race each other directly, they just go out and drive by themselves. And WRC drivers suck, only crappy drivers need directions from someone! This is SO STUPID, I'M BUYING AN XBOX AND GETTING FORZA 3!!!

;)

I hope you're being sarcastic. You need directions when you don't know the course, and you're traveling at extremely high speeds on loose surfaces, on tight twisty courses to boot.

Regarding WRC in GT5:

This is some of the best news I have had all year. Not only does it look like they will finally have proper rally racing (against the clock, point to point) in GT5, but also the official WRC license to use all the cars from the series. If they include Group B, I'm likely to wet myself.

I'm staggered.... There's no other word for it.

;)

I really doubt Amar means the "several forms" to be GT PSP and GT5. If PD is really making a GT5 with and another without Nascar and WRC, they will be getting people really mad!

Im not real sure what you are saying, anyways amar says, about the psp, different realms. Realms refers to ps3 or psp. serveral forms refers to different GT5's, that is for sure. what the difference between the 2 is we dont know. BUT I think WRC and NASCAR will be on a seperate version that cost more.

Of course. :) Just a little poke at all the NASCAR-haters.

That's a relief. I nearly spat out my Cheerios when you said "And WRC drivers suck, only crappy drivers need directions from someone!"

I'm not a fan of NASCAR, but I'll be more than happy to take a Stock Car around Spa or The Ring. Who knows, PD may actually make me stand up and take notice. Stranger things have happened (although, not often :sly:)

;)

Hmmm, I'm noticing the "Rally Toscana" (Rally of Tuscany) in those screenshots ... at first I thought it was just Citta di Aria, but Assisi is in Umbria, the next provence over. It could well be that Citta di Aria is a stage in the Rally of Tuscany, but I've never known PD to make an error in goegraphy like that.

I was dissapointed when Evolution studios scrapped the New WRC game, but not now

I hope they have real WRC stages! Head to head WRC is not cool IMO
It would be awesome to me if Kazunori squeezed in as much of a WRC Career Mode as he could. As I've been "evangelizing" for some time now, Career Mode could be an entire section to itself, like Drift, so no one has to do it. If you just wanted to do some Rally events, there they are in GT Mode. But if you want an entire WRC experience, hop into Career Mode.

The WRC could explain why there are so many tracks in this game too, along with NASCAR.

That's a relief. I nearly spat out my Cheerios when you said "And WRC drivers suck, only crappy drivers need directions from someone!"

I'm not a fan of NASCAR, but I'll be more than happy to take a Stock Car around Spa or The Ring. Who knows, PD may actually make me stand up and take notice. Stranger things have happened (although, not often :sly:)

;)

GT games have done that to alot of people. How many more people now care about the Nurburgring or knew about the 24 hours of the nurburgring before GT4?

I use to be just a casual observer of the Le Mans 24 hours, but after GT4 I follow it religiously.

As for me, I dont' really follow the WRC as it is not shown over here, but who knows, maybe after trying it out in GT5 I'll start following it.

Kazunori Yamauchi deserves both those Ford GTs and Porsches

Nascar on The Ring... Oh dear. That would be insane. Personally I really want to see what they are doing to do with Rally. That was actually my favorite part of GT4. The physics on dirt tracks seemed so much better than the tarmac physics. I actually think GT4 was one of the best rally games out there.

I am going to laugh if GT5 is like Dirt and Grid with GT's physics and graphics. I think that could single handily be the best racing game ever made. There would almost be no room for improvement.

I'm not a fan of NASCAR, but I'll be more than happy to take a Stock Car around Spa or The Ring.
Or Le Mans. ;)

Or Grand Valley. :D

Or back to Suzuka and not only run it on the East course, but the entire track as well.:sly:

Or back to Twin Ring Motegi and run it not only on the SuperSpeedway oval, but the 3 mile long Road Course too.:cool:

Maybe a side trip to Fuji Speedway as well?:dopey:

Or Le Mans. ;)

I've raced fictional stock cars at Le Mans in rFactor

Talk about LONG braking distances. It was unreal. The cars will truly be a test of skill.

Sorry for going off topic, continue with WRC talk

I'm very excited about this. Point-to-point Rally racing finally coming to GT and in the form of the WRC license. Now thats gonna be alot of fun. Just when I thought Dirt was gonna be th only game for point-to-point rally racing, GT just one uped it and possibly Dirt 2. I'm diffenately gonna enjoy rallying alot more on GT now.

Latest Posts

Back