Your First Car???

• Thread starter Avenger803
  • 448 comments
tripper
Well i got the toyota sprinter. i love getting ugly cars at the start of my game and supping em up. and i usually never sell my first car, for sentimental value.  how about you.

Hey! I like the way the Sprinter looks! =P

I start with the second cheapest Miata, then earn the red Sprinter. I use both to do roadster, FR, and such races. ^_^

my first car was the miata. does 200 mph with 371hp, I like the trueno also. The FR configuration seems to give more acceleration and better handling if you got skillz. I also like to turn of all the traction control and skid control. btw. what does   mean?

lateapexGT4
my first car was the miata. does 200 mph with 371hp, I like the trueno also. The FR configuration seems to give more acceleration and better handling if you got skillz. I also like to turn of all the traction control and skid control. btw. what does   mean?

200mph!?! must take forever and a day to get there.. I gear mine to max out around 250-260kph when at that bhp. I hardly run any car for a good top speed, because its such a waste on all but 1 track- Test Course. Quick acceleration is what I prefer for every other circuit. I find the MX-5s handle better at around 300bhp though, which means my beloved black MX-5, my first car in GT3, will be getting a de-tune soon.

'&nsbp' is HTML for a space... it crops up a lot.

BadBatsuMaru
What, you couldn't wait a few days and make it an even 1 year till you dug this up?

LOL yeah that happens in forums eh. Still, i guess when i look at my situation for example. Started my first go at GT3 on Boxing Day, having got the kids a PS2 for Christmas. It was a bonus pack which contained a pair of controllers, memory card and 2 games, one of which is GT3.

So, my first car was a blue MX-5, which, having no idea of tuning etc, i just ran around with and managed eventually to win the Sunday and Clubman Cups. Then discovered some basic upgrades, and worked out i could make a few cheap dollars running around the Super Speedway. At the moment, I'm still trying to work out a car to take to the World Champs ( Beginners League), i got both domestic licenses, 642,000 in the kitty ( a basic upgraded Integra makes me about 300,000 in an hour in the R Class Series in Beg. League when you take into account 25,000 for all 5 races plus 10,000 for the series and 75,000 when selling the NSX 'S' that you win.)

Having a family, i don't have the time to spend 3 hours going for all golds in the licenses, so i just do what i need to to pick up my license.

I've got to say, these forums are a goldmine of info for us late starters, plus i found a site that's got just truck loads of tune ups and upgrades for just about every car in GT3, so i've been in there looking for ideas.

Still working a few things out, but am really flummoxed on how to access the pits. I've run a few races in Amateur league, went into the pits and the bloody thing just ran me through on auto. I'm guessing it's something pretty damn simple that i've missed, so i'll wait until someone sets me straight.

:cheers:

Heh, you don't need to pit unless the race factors in tire wear. None of the beginner league ones count it, and only about half of the ametuer league races do. The tire wear meter is in the bottom left corner, and if it's not there, you don't need to pit. And...you don't need to pit until your tires turn a orangey yellow anyway, which can be a good 20 laps on super slicks.

And...I bought a Miata to start! Moved on to an FC RX7, Camaro SS, Camaro Racer, and then anything that fit the bill. Didn't really buy many cars other than the TVR and Benz through the whole game.

Miata. My favourite teacher in High School drove one, we joked that it was a mobile speedbump.

Since then, if I were to start anew, I'd buy my RX-7 Infini III. I hate the damn car... but I love the look, so I'd like to start fresh with the sucker.

The best first car absolutely has to be the free Mazda MX-5 (Miata) you get for gold-ing all of the Domestic B licenses. That way, since it's the best of the MX-5's anyway, you can get stuck in to the MX-5 enduro straight away and win 100K plus a shot at an indy car!

You don't even need to do anything to it if you're an alright driver!

The other great (but relatively accesible) car that you can win from the licenses is the mazda RX-8 from the domestic A. After that it starts getting a bit too hard to get gold on every test...

I've been playing my game for a while now, and I haven't bought a car at all. Judging by the prize car lists though, I'm not going to be able to complete without buying a mercedes, since there's no mercedes prize cars, except in the mercedes races...kind of a catch-22...

It was the ae86... but i let my sisters boyfriend borrow it like a year ago, but he got robbed, and it was stolen, i really dont care about GT3, cause 2 things.. i have GT4 now, AND i baught it for $7, i can get it again anyday...

I passed the license B in gold and the reward was a Mazda Miata <Sighs>...i though it was a good car, like, Skyline or so, i'm trying to put all license in gold, right now, i'm stuck in the license Amateur in Seattle wirh the camaro Grrrr.... damnit i need that one and i'll get my REWARD!!

Seriosly its hard as the hell to beat Kazunori Yamauchi's record, i want to meet him in real life and challenges him to a race in Test Course with the fastest car :D

AWOL AE92
The best first car absolutely has to be the free Mazda MX-5 (Miata) you get for gold-ing all of the Domestic B licenses. That way, since it's the best of the MX-5's anyway, you can get stuck in to the MX-5 enduro straight away and win 100K plus a shot at an indy car!

You don't even need to do anything to it if you're an alright driver!

The other great (but relatively accesible) car that you can win from the licenses is the mazda RX-8 from the domestic A. After that it starts getting a bit too hard to get gold on every test...

I've been playing my game for a while now, and I haven't bought a car at all. Judging by the prize car lists though, I'm not going to be able to complete without buying a mercedes, since there's no mercedes prize cars, except in the mercedes races...kind of a catch-22...

Lucky bastard, Oopps, sorry for my expretion <grins>, man, your lucky in getting the A license in Gold :P, well, Good luck in the next one :)

I got a question for you ,which one was the hardest one in the A license?

ah, majority says miata...and thats me too.

the miata is the classic first car in my eyes. gotta love it. like the past posters have said, after each race you can tune it accordingly and it will last you through most of the beginner cup.

ah, i miss gt3. ill play it after im done with gt4...only a few %'s left!

Mine was a black Mazda MX-5 (the old ones with eyelid opening headlights).
Now my fastest car right now is the Mazda RX-7 (the old 80s one with a hood intake)

Miata here too, in Red. I went back to it a week ago and did some tweaking, I wanted to see if I could make it competitive in some of the amateur events I'm currently running. I took quite a few series with that car early on.

KAMKA-Z
My first real car was a 72 Datsun 510

Been the right nutter, i went right ahead and purchased a PT Cruiser as my first car, though, i know i probably would have progressed considerably faster had i gone for one of the Mx-5s, but, never mind ey.

Gamer_Kid
My first car was the Trueno. I never did find out why I always pick it, I think it's because that car is major old school :) .

Yeah, I think I picked that one first on one of my 4 GT3 memory cards. It needs some taming when getting on the petrol out of corners (that 1.5 limited slip does wonders, eh?) but I'm glad they kept up the tradition: Trueno / Sprinters have so far made it into all 4 games. :)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back