The fun continues with the Horizon Festival as Series 7 is now available for Forza Horizon 4 players. Going by the name “Festival Playlist”, it gives players an idea of what the latest update brings to the table.
With the new update comes new cars, events, and the usual host of improvements. However, unlike the previous update, this one packs a little something extra: 18 new achievements worth a total 500 Gamerscore. We’ve already had a taste of how much Series 7 is going to switch things up, and there’s plenty for players to sink their teeth into.
The eponymous feature of the update takes seasonal activities in a different direction. Starting in summer, the playlist will give players a clear view of what’s in store on any given season. This wraps everything — Forzathon, Monthly Rivals, Trials Events, etc — into one neat package.
Did we mention it tracks your progress throughout? A new feature and a quality-of-life improvement all in one. Of course there are new toys to play with, but it mixes up the formula a little with percentage-based rewards.
With the next season kicking off tomorrow, players will vie for the Mustang RTR Spec 5 and Porsche 914/6 available at 50% and 100%, respectively.
Series 7 will also see the addition of Showcase Remix, a twist on two of the most popular Showcase Events. Be weary, as this feature will be exclusive to the update so you won’t have long to take part.
Again, kicking things off in summer, players will race against the Flying Scotsman passenger train in the Nine & Three Quarters Showcase Remix. Your ride? A 1959 Ford Anglia. This will be an interesting one, to say the least.
Beyond that, Halo fans are in for a treat with the Assault on the Control Room. This revamp of the original Halo Experience takes place during the chills of winter. Fitting for any Spartan warrior, you’ll muscle through the snow behind the wheel of your fortified Warthog and (hopefully) ace this training exercise.
There’s one caveat to taking part in the remixed events: you’ll need to complete the original events first. Should that stand in your way, you’ll want to get a move on because time is of the essence here.
New goals are on the horizon (pun thoroughly intended) and take into account everything added to the title since launch. That includes new Horizon Stories, Free-for-All Adventure, and Route Blueprint — nothing is left out. In fact, there are even new achievements for taking part in #Forzathon and completing seasonal content.
The full list is as follows:
- Second Century – Complete the first chapter of “British Racing Green”. (5)
- From Aston Martin to Bentley – Complete ten chapters of “British Racing Green”. (10)
- A Pleasant Racing Green – Earn 30 stars on “British Racing Green”. (50)
- Taxi!!! – Complete the first chapter of “Isha’s Taxis”. (5)
- The Big One – Complete ten chapters of “Isha’s Taxis”. (10)
- Triple-A Taxis – Earn 30 stars on “Isha’s Taxis”. (50)
- Skillz – Complete the first chapter of “Skill Streak”. (5)
- Skill Master – Complete ten chapters of “Skill Streak”. (10)
- SKILLING STREAK! – Earn 30 stars on “Skill Streak”. (50)
- A Race in the Crowd – Complete 3 Blueprint Events created by other players. (25)
- Spring into Racing – Win all Seasonal Championships in one Spring season. (35)
- A Summer in Pole Position – Win all Seasonal Championships in one Summer season. (35)
- Autumn-mobiles – Win all Seasonal Championships in one Autumn season. (35)
- Winter is Running – Win all Seasonal Championships in one Winter season. (35)
- #FORZATHON Sweep – Complete 1 Weekly and 7 Daily #FORZATHON activities in the same week. (40)
- You should take a rest! – Complete 3 consecutive #FORZATHON Live events. (30)
- Time for an Adventure! – Play your first unranked Free-for-All Adventure. (20)
- There is no Team in Victory – Get ranked in Free-for-All Adventure. (50)
As we covered last week, there are more cars for players to add to their ever-growing roster. Leading the charge is the 3.0-liter, twin-turbocharged 2019 BMW Z4. With 382hp powering the rear wheels, there will be plenty of opportunities to run this Bimmer ragged.
There are three new Mustangs joining the fold as well, all of the RTR variety. The brainchild of Formula Drift champion, Vaughn Gittin Jr., you’ll be “ready to rock” in no time at all. Also joining the lineup is yet another returning favorite, the BMW M3 GTR, last seen in the original Forza Horizon.
We can’t help but notice that another vehicle prominently featured in the 360-era returns to the franchise. With the rumors of a backward-compatible Forza Motorsport 4, this all seems curious.
Here’s everything players can get their hands on over the next couple of weeks:
- 1965 Pontiac GTO
- 1970 Porsche 914/6
- 1999 Lotus Elise Series 1 Sport 190
- 2002 BMW M3 GTR
- 2018 Ford #25 Mustang RTR
- 2018 Ford #88 Mustang RTR
- 2018 Ford Mustang RTR Spec 5
- 2019 BMW Z4 M40i
Seasonal Content and Continued Improvements
As ever, you can expect to see the usual fair for content throughout the seasons: exclusive cars, new challenges and events, and more. Fortune Island is also getting in on the fun in Series 7 as well. Four brand-new Trial Events make their way to the island, one for each season.
For the full list of improvements and changes in Series 7, have a look here.
Featured image by ClydeYellow.
See more articles on Forza Horizon 4 Game Update.