December Car of the Month - McLaren MP4-12C '10 - COME JOIN THE FUN!

United States
New Jersey
crash27wwjd
December Car of the Month: Featuring the McLaren MP4-12C!

15893483796_ceea707a0a_c.jpg

The McLaren, no quite the F1 but a fun machine non-the-less. Personally, I was not all that crazy about it in GT5 and thought it was nothing special. Not a bad car but more fun, better choices were out there. I put this on my list of cars for Car of the Month because I needed and excuse to get it out of my garage and give it try. Glad I did, only a few days ago did I finally take it out, new seasonal at Brands Hatch (British Lightweight), not really the car you would think to use but with some power limiting it fits the bill. What I have found is a really amazing car at 520pp and 550pp. Even on Sports Hard tires. There may be better out there but not many, not sure if my tuning skills for MR cars have improved or if PD gave it some extra love, but I believe this one will give us some great tunes just in time for Christmas!

As always, feel free to post a tune for others to test drive and please test another tuners tune. When posting, give a recommended track and tire selection.

Now let's get the tunes rolling in!

15731985780_9775b19a59_c.jpg

Index of tunes:

by @ImToLegitToQuit : 550pp - here

by @Bowtie-muscle : 520pp // 550pp // 600pp - here

by @shaunm80 : 550pp (SH) - here / 600pp (SS) - here / 600pp (RH) GT3 Version - here

by @TurnLeft : (and @cranku_1) Rocket Clone 550pp - here
RX-8 Clone 550pp - here

by @praiano63 : 600pp (SS) - here

by @xande1959 : 600pp - here

by @DaBomm4 : 600pp // 625pp - here

by @Rush471 : 550pp - here

by @Thorin Cain : 550pp - here

by @brian wolf : 620pp - here

by @Otaliema : - 650pp - here

by @sinof1337 : 550pp - here

by @lbpomg95 : 575pp - here

by @Ridox2JZGTE : 565pp - here

Last edited:
15917328241_ce32745bf3_c.jpg

Index of reviews:

by @Badger66 - shaunm80 GT3 Version - here

by @cbarbosa - shaunm80 GT3 Version - here
Bowtie-muscle - 520pp/550pp/600pp - here

by @TurnLeft :

@ImToLegitToQuit - here
** Flu Fever Challenge Here

@Bowtie-muscle 550pp - here and 600pp - here
** Flip Flop there goes the Top Challenge Here and Here

@shaunm80 - 550pp - here and 600pp(GT3) - here
** What Did You do to MY Car Challenge Here and Here
shaunm80 - 600pp here

@praiano63 - 600pp - here
** Showdown at the OK Corral Here and Here

@xande1959 - 600pp - here
** No Brakes!! Challenge Here and Here And most importantly Here:lol::lol:

@Rush471 - 550pp - here
** My you've gained some WEIGHT Challenge - here and here

@DaBomm4 - 600pp here
** Suicidal Tendencies Challenge Here and Here

@Thorin Cain - 550pp - here
** Luxury Karting Challenge Here and Here

@brian wolf - 600pp/625pp - here
** Two Wheel Tango Challenge Here

@Otaliema - 650pp - here
** Camber-bear Anyone Challenge Here and Here

@sinof1337 - 550pp - here
** Suicidal Tendencies II The Nightmare Here and Here:eek::crazy::eek:

@lbpomg95 - 576pp - here
** Flu Fever.........For Ever Challenge here

@Ridox2JZGTE GT3 Base Model Vversion on RH - here
** Screw da Rules Challenge here and here

by @sinof1337 - STOCK at Sierra! - here

by @Thorin Cain - Review of the Clone - Here
@shaunm80 550pp - Here

Last edited:
Looks like I need to pull mine out to throw it in the mix, I bought it back in January I believe. I didn't like the feel of the MP4 with anything I threw at it, it is about time to revisit it I'd say.

Also, I will link into the archives later today, it will be another long day.

Edit: Found some free time.

Last edited:
Looks like I need to pull mine out to throw it in the mix, I bought it back in January I believe. I didn't like the feel of the MP4 with anything I threw at it, it is about time to revisit it I'd say.

Thank you, hang in there, things do get better and less hectic...........if only briefly.:ouch:

Reviews copied from my garage.

McLaren MP4-12C '10 (GT3 Version)

600PP
626 BHP
1150kgs
Weight Distribution 46:54

Racing Hard Tyres

From @Badger66

I really do love this car and tune...spot on mate....just give her some throttle control when needed and she does what you want her to do...when you want her to do it...very responsive and super fast....Love it...👍

By the way i ran her on The International A...GT3 Series on Spa....and totally dominated the race from halfway into the 2nd lap...👍

All Settings as tune

TC...1
ABS..1
All other Aids off

CSS..1

You could shorten the final gear if you wanted...i just left it as tune..👍

20141025_143105-1-jpg.244978
circuit-de-spa-francorchamps-3-jpg.244983

circuit-de-spa-francorchamps_4-2-jpg.244982

circuit-de-spa-francorchamps_2-2-jpg.244984

circuit-de-spa-francorchamps_8-jpg.244985

circuit-de-spa-francorchamps_7-jpg.244986

circuit-de-spa-francorchamps_9-jpg.244987

Review from @cbarbosa

McLaren MP4-12C '10 (GT3 Version)

600PP
626 BHP
1150kgs
Weight Distribution 46:54

Racing Hard Tyres
IA License|550PP (600PP) WTCC Mount Panorama|Winner| 👍

:lol: Amazing, @@Badger66 did the car review almost the same time I was going to do mine... So i'll just add that it did great on MPanorama, huge grip and stability.

(It doesn't feel very fluid in movement)
Have to agree, noticed that in some fast corners the steering is not so precise and responsive like the Jag or Maserati.

- McLaren MP4-12C'10
1920px-McLaren_MP4-12C_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht_%283%29%2C_30._August_2012%2C_D%C3%BCsseldorf.jpg

-McLaren MP4-12C is a sports car coupe 2 doors designed and produced by McLaren Automotive. The model had its project revealed on September 8, 2009 and was released between the end of 2010 and beginning of 2011. Your body is entirely in carbon fiber, which makes it lighter, and shared with the super car car legendary Mclaren F1 successor, the incredible McLaren P1

But does not share its base with the P1, the shares with the Mclaren 650S, sandwiched between the MP4-12C and P1

But it does not need to "share your base, as the 650S is just a modified MP4-12C to a higher level because the changes are acrecimo of carbo fiber at the entrances and air and other parts, front bumper with co grid Beehive, P1 lights, and rear air extractor identical to the MP4-12C, but with garnish on top of him on the lanterns.

The MP4-12C has a McLaren M838T twin-turbo V8 engine, 3799 cm3, 3.8 liters, 600 hp, SSG transmission Pre-Cog 7-speed, rear-wheel drive

. will be pleasant tune this car:cheers:

Edit: Found some free time.
... and your going to give me my first grey hairs with it :scared: , maybe for safety reasons you could tune it down to .... 300PP :rolleyes: , than I might be able to drive it. Really looking forward to trying what you'll come up with. :cheers:

A Clones Journey: McLaren MP4-12C '10 ( a LCC Rocket clone )

The car is there, it's just colored with invisible paint. Look carefully at the inside curve.
Circuit-of-the-Americas-COTA-in-Austin-4.jpg

I've been working on a car emulator formula, what better occasion to try it than now, it's based on cranku_1 's seasonal rocket, kept 52% of the original data so there's still a lot of work to do math wise, but it was time economical, took a little less than 1 hour to do (but that's not counting the months of research). If anybody wants to review it I can only take 48% of the blame :eek: if it's not right, but if it's a 'wonder', I'll take 100% of the fame :lol:.

EDIT: After my disaster lap times at the TT (550) I did a new tune using my clone machine and used @Thorin Cain RX8 Concept car as a DNA donor, kept 94% of the values transfered and it did a lot better.

Setup:Rocket______________________Setup:RX8 Concept
Picture 2.pngRX8.png

Last edited:
Darn it people, COLORS! lol
always include your colors and if you remember, where it came from, pretty please.
Vanity is definitely one of the major reasons I love this game.

That number 29 is friggin HOT btw. What is that, gun metal metallic or something close?
Maybe a grigio version?
I love the silvers and dark greys. That kinda looks like a Lotus gunmetal. What is it?
Good job on great looking car man ^^

always include your colors and if you remember, where it came from, pretty please.

That number 29 is friggin HOT btw. What is that, gun metal metallic or something close?
Maybe a grigio version?
I love the silvers and dark greys. That kinda looks like a Lotus gunmetal. What is it?
colors? there are colors available? :lol: is rainbow a color? Problem with this game is there are to many choices so I just paint them all invisible, that's why you can't see it in the picture (I just it put in :dunce:).

Maybe a grigio version?
I don't know which colour Badger66 used but I would say it falls in the Grigio (from a Ferrari) range. Thats a good place to start.

Maybe a grigio version?

I don't know which colour Badger66 used but I would say it falls in the Grigio (from a Ferrari) range. Thats a good place to start.

It may be one of these 2, but only Badger knows:
  • Ferrari 458 Italia '09 Grigio Ferro Met
  • Ferrari California '08 Grigio Ferro Met
Hope it helps. :)

Not sure about the rest of you boys, but I was just about to get off last night when the latest Time Trial showed up. Ran 2 laps in my MP4 with my 550pp tune and was good for 7th!!!! Likely down to about 2000 now.:lol::lol::lol:
Only managed a 1:38.xxx something, could improve just a driving line but I am not too familiar with Red Bull. Got my Gold trophy, my credits and another paint chip that I will likely never use, and went to bed.

Not sure about the rest of you boys, but I was just about to get off last night when the latest Time Trial showed up. Ran 2 laps in my MP4 with my 550pp tune and was good for 7th!!!! Likely down to about 2000 now.:lol::lol::lol:
Only managed a 1:38.xxx something, could improve just a driving line but I am not too familiar with Red Bull. Got my Gold trophy, my credits and another paint chip that I will likely never use, and went to bed.
Do we have a new ALIEN among us? :scared:

- McLaren MP4-12C'10
Mount_Panorama_Motor_Racing_Circuit_8.jpg

- this car has optimal performance in the rain with 32%, even with soft sports tires. above that 55% intermediate tire, heavy rain can control up to 75%
Mount_Panorama_Motor_Racing_Circuit_7.jpg

-
Specifications
Performance Points:
600 PP
Max. Power:
600 HP
Weight:
1.120 kg
Weight Distribution (F/R):
4456 / -4356
Max. Torque:
512 ft-lb
Drivetrain:
MR
Game Version:
Controller Type:
Steering Wheel
Tires
Tires (Front):
Sports: Soft
Tires (Rear):
Sports: Soft
Parts & Modifications
Wheel Model:
RAYS 57Ultimate
Suspension Kit:
Height-Adjustable, Fully Customizable Suspension
Transmission:
Fully-Customizable Transmission
Clutch:
Triple-Plate Clutch Kit
Engine:
Stage 1
Weight Reduction:
Stage 3
Other Parts:

• Racing Brake Kit
    • Fully-Customizable Mechanical Limited-Slip Differential
    • Intake Tuning
    • Isometric Exhaust Manifold
    • Catalytic Converter: Sports
Mount_Panorama_Motor_Racing_Circuit_9.jpg

Suspension
Ride Height (F/R):
103 / 105
Spring Rate (F/R):
11.20 / 15.27
Dampers - Comp. (F/R):
4 / 5
Dampers - Ext. (F/R):
5 / 7
Anti-Roll Bars (F/R):
5 / 4
Camber Angle (F/R):
0.0 / 0.5
Toe Angle (F/R):
-0.05 / 0.50
Brake Balance (F/R):
7 / 6
Transmission
Max. Speed:
220 kph
1st Gear:
2nd Gear:
3rd Gear:
4th Gear:
5th Gear:
6th Gear:
7th Gear:
Final Gear:
Special Instructions:
reset /3.100 / 220 Km/h / 1.2.3.4.5.6.7 / F. gear = 2,000
Mount_Panorama_Motor_Racing_Circuit_2_3.jpg

Drivetrain
Initial Torque (F/R):
00 / 09
Accel. Sensitivity (F/R):
00 / 13
Braking Sensitivity (F/R):
00 / 08
F/R Torque Distribution:
44 : 56
Power
Power Limiter:
87.2%
Driving Aids
Traction Control:
ABS Level:
- best lap time 2: 02,075
. :odd::cheers:

I used a McLaren 550PP SH for this event too. I think I got a 1.37.xxx with my tune but there isn't much in it between your version and my version. :)

I used a McLaren 550PP SH for this event too. I think I got a 1.37.xxx with my tune but there isn't much in it between your version and my version. :)
Now I may have to retry it just to get above you on my friends list, what were you ranked? Do you remember?

Now I may have to retry it just to get above you on my friends list, what were you ranked? Do you remember?
I dont, I haven't looked at it since I did it this morning. I have got gold on all four seasonal events and run away from them. They don't give additional payouts for doing the races again so I usually go back to A Spec Races to earn some credits at that point. I have a lot of thread contributors who do a lot of car searching in my own thread and find the cars which are more than capable of getting gold and add it to a general list. Its a system that is getting quite efficient these days :)

Edit: Current ranking at time of writing, 2352th :) Not too shabby for me. I doubt ill be there by the end of tomorrow though.

To give you a challenge, I decided to re-run this track. I am now at 1.37.145 with my iPod car. Current ranking 1,777th :) I expect you'll beat that by the end of this night though.

Last edited:
Got my Gold trophy, my credits and another paint chip that I will likely never use, and went to bed.
I find a lot of those super shiny colors look awesome when on thin-spoked rims. I use a ton of colors like that, that I thought I would never use, lol.

Anyway, I have been testing a lot of the above settings, for use in the seasonal from last week. The UK one that has the 1,200kg weight limit. So aside from weight and power, I've been throwing in everyone's LSD and suspension settings (carefully making sure the weight balence matches the tune).
So far Priaino's settings have given me the best times.
have to keep resetting the race still, until the rocket isnt in the line up, lol. But other then that, it's been a fun alternative to regular cash grinding ^^

Back