GTP_Event 01 (Discussion Thread)

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 191 comments
I can't test this out untill later tonight,so if a decision is made I will live with that and run the best that I can.:)

Tried the F40 at no mercy. (nice rap)
Anyway there won't be no overtaking on the esses but it's driveable with S2's.
Should and would be able to stick with it.

So I have just tried the F40 at Suz with S2's & it's just "Unraceable" even with 625 pp or 600 pp.

The S tyres don't match with this kind of car. for the previous round I checked the S3 and it was just limit.

Why not doing the ferrari event at Fuji F 650 PP ๐Ÿ‘

The F430 and Cali run just as good @ Fuji, I would think the F40 will be no different.

The goal is to do our best to carry out this event with as little impact on the participants and their preparation up to this point as possible. ๐Ÿ‘

Tried the F40 at no mercy. (nice rap)
Anyway there won't be no overtaking on the esses but it's driveable with S2's.
Should and would be able to stick with it.

I spent about an hour at each venue tonight, including a couple races each.

Both would be workable.

No Mercy would be a test of consistency. Whoever avoided making a mistake (or made the fewest) would probably win. Overtaking is possible, but tricky. It would be a good test of skill. Lack of RBE has a higher chance of keeping the race clear of interlopers.

However, Fuji with the F40 is a joy. It's competitive with other cars instead of being an ugly stepchild. Tunes for Suzi work here almost out of the box. I felt up to speed on this track halfway through my first lap. By comparison, I never did get comfortable at Suzi on S2s.

So... taking my own advice to minimize impact on racers, the remaining races will be run at Fuji, 650pp wherever possible. Cross version races will have to be run at London using a mutually agreed upon car.

I'll update the first post and send PMs to the participants.

Last edited:
Another result in:

GTP_SeniorL8R v GTP_J-PaP

GTP_J-PaP wins 2-1

Congratulations to GTP_J-PaP. ๐Ÿ‘

Great effort by GTP_SeniorL8R, hope see you in the next event. ๐Ÿ‘

First post amended.

GTP_PrudentBear v GTP_turbolag

GTP_turbolag wins 2-1 and go forward to round 3. ๐Ÿ‘

Congratulations to GTP_turbolag. ๐Ÿ‘

Unlucky GTP_PrudentBear, I believe it was a very tough race.

First post updated.

GTP_PrudentBear v GTP_turbolag

GTP_turbolag wins 2-1 and go forward to round 3. ๐Ÿ‘

Congratulations to GTP_turbolag. ๐Ÿ‘

Unlucky GTP_PrudentBear, I believe it was a very tough race.

First post updated.

It was indeed tough. Congratulations to turbolag, he drove really well. Especially in race 1 where he held me off under lots of pressure for the full 5 laps.

Thanks Prudentbear, it was really nice racing with you, and I'd certainly like to again for some fun. Although a fairly hollow victory for me, I knew he was faster than me. I got absolutely creamed in the second race. I was under a lot of pressure in the last race, since the punters were everywhere and you were right behind me, I was sweating so much my wheel was almost dripping with sweat. I can see why you're one of GTPs best races.

GTP_Fuzzy has been given a DNF, and therefore GTP_Manuelos goes through to the next round.

GTP_Manuelos will be racing against GTP_Racer_LP in round two. ๐Ÿ‘

Can all driver still in the competition please organise their race as soon as possible: the pairings for round two are as follows:

# GTP_LinPark v GTP_2Fast4Stig
# GTP_KARTRACER v GTP_Wayne
# GTP_LinPark v GTP_KARTRACER
# GTP_2Fast4Stig v GTP_Wayne
# GTP_mr_VOLCANO v GTP_J-PaP
# GTP_Racer_LP v GTP_Manuelos

GTP_Fuzzy has been given a DNF, and therefore GTP_Manuelos goes through to the next round.

Can all driver still in the competition please organise their race as soon as possible: the pairings for round two are as follows:

Sphinx, there are some people listed twice, and this is my fault.

Remaining round 2 pairings are:

I'll update the first page to match.

I accept my disqualification. Good luck to all the competitors still remaining. ๐Ÿ‘

Good luck to all the drivers in the upcoming races! Great job making it to this level in the competition!

GTP_2Fast4Stig v GTP_Wayne

GTP_Wayne wins 2-1 ๐Ÿ‘

Sadly I never had the time to view this race but it appears to have been a very close battle. I hope both drivers will post some details about the race for us to read.๐Ÿ‘

Thanks guys. ๐Ÿ‘

Yeah, it was a tense battle, first race for me, second for GTP_Wayne. Shame the third race ended in a puntfest with backmarkers and a disconnect in the last lap.

Our fourth race was side by side with GTP_Wayne finishing 0:00.001s in front. Nailbiting. :crazy:

We had a lot of fun racing tonight. Good luck Wayne in the semi finals!

Very intense racing with Crasher "The Stig" ๐Ÿ‘

1st race won by Crasher as I did too many mistakes for a 5 lap race :nervous:

2nd race won by Wayne but very shortly as Crasher was slipstreaming me and I really thought he would pass me before the line

3rd race Too bad Crasher wasn't host for this last one as we get disconnected end of 5th lap while I was quite far ahead and 2nd in the race.
Even with 40 sec departure delay we caught back other cars too quickly and were both battling in the punters traffic, I had a better opportunity and was lucky to go through quite easily, leaving Crasher with those morons...:ouch:

4th race we did a fourth one as the last one wasn't really satisfying and we wanted to have a better race.
I was leading 3 first lap taking advantage on the track and loosing almost everything on the long straight ( Draft is really huge at Fuji !!!)
Then Crasher passed me end of lap 4 after slipstreaming on the straight and I followed him closely until last Straight to only pass him on the finish line by 0.001 :nervous::sly:

Congrats to The Stig for these really close races, it was a real pleasure racing you online mate :cheers:

GTP_KARTRACER v GTP_LinPark

GTP_LinPark wins 2-0

Congratulations to GTP_LinPark, well done! ๐Ÿ‘

GTP_KARTRACER was the last Div 4 member, and did very well to get this far. :cheers:

First post amended.

Congrat's to LinPark.Give them H*** next round.Can't wait until the next event.๐Ÿ‘

GTP_Racer_LP v GTP_Manuelos

GTP_Racer_LP wins 2-1

Congratulations to GTP_Racer_LP ๐Ÿ‘

Would love to hear more about these races from the drivers. ๐Ÿ‘

First post amended.

We really need to push GTP_mr_VOLCANO & GTP_J-PaP to organise their races so we can get to the final 6 drivers. ๐Ÿ‘

If I have time, or another Race Admin has the time, we'll post the draw for the next round tonight. ๐Ÿ‘

I've completed the draw for round three. I'm not sure if LinPark has a PAL copy, but he is the only user remaining from a non PAL country. So I was not able to account for that in the pairings. Here are the matchups, also updated in the race thread -

(See 2 posts below here)

Last edited:
EDK
I've completed the draw for round three. I'm not sure if LinPark has a PAL copy, but he is the only user remaining from a non PAL country. So I was not able to account for that in the pairings. Here are the matchups, also updated in the race thread -

LinPark does have a PAL copy, so we're all set on regions.

However, he's on vacation until Nov 16th.

LinPark does have a PAL copy, so we're all set on regions.

However, he's on vacation until Nov 16th.

Well then, it's executive decision time. ;)

I'll pair LinPark with GTP_mr_VOLCANO / GTP_J-PaP so that they can complete the current race at their leisure. :sly:

Making adjustments now.

Round Three:

• GTP_Wayne v GTP_Theewar
  • GTP_Racer_LP v GTP_turbolag
  • GTP_LinPark v GTP_mr_VOLCANO or GTP_J-PaP

Hi sorry I am yet to have my race with mr volcano. We had mentioned organising our race for this week as we were both unavailable last week. I have sent mr volcano a pm on my ps3 to see if he is free for a race tomorrow. Will do my best to get this race completed this week. Just has been a little difficult with having exams every 3 days (Finished on the 17th though)

Will somehow have to fit some time to set the car up for fuji and get used to gt5p again having not played in a little while.

Hi sorry I am yet to have my race with mr volcano. We had mentioned organising our race for this week as we were both unavailable last week. I have sent mr volcano a pm on my ps3 to see if he is free for a race tomorrow. Will do my best to get this race completed this week. Just has been a little difficult with having exams every 3 days (Finished on the 17th though)

Will somehow have to fit some time to set the car up for fuji and get used to gt5p again having not played in a little while.

If possible, please find a way to complete by the time LinPark is back from vacation on the 16th, so the winner of your race can then go about organizing their race for round 3. ๐Ÿ‘

GTP_Racer_LP v GTP_Manuelos

GTP_Racer_LP wins 2-1

Congratulations to GTP_Racer_LP ๐Ÿ‘

Would love to hear more about these races from the drivers. ๐Ÿ‘
Things I remember:

Race 1: race won by Racer_LP, I got beaten pretty easily by 4-5 seconds I think

Race 2: race won by me, with 3-4s ahead, we had a nice batlle in the first 2-3 laps, then we got into traffic and I didn't got stuck in it, while Racer_LP kept strugling with a Cali.

Race 3: At the end of lap 1 I made a few small mistakes, I fell behind by +/- 2sec and the race was over. I tried pushing (to) hard but the gap remained.

๐Ÿ‘

Things I remember:

Race 2: race won by me, with 3-4s ahead, we had a nice batlle in the first 2-3 laps, then we got into traffic and I didn't got stuck in it, while Racer_LP kept strugling with a Cali.

Race 3: At the end of lap 1 I made a few small mistakes, I fell behind by +/- 2sec and the race was over. I tried pushing (to) hard but the gap remained.

๐Ÿ‘

Before the first race we both did a couple of practice runs and we were in them together (not planned). From those races I knew I was faster in the corners, but slower on the straight (different setup), so I knew I had to build a gap in the final sector to be able to stay in front at the end of the straight.

Race 1:Actually wasn't that easy. I was able to build a gap on the first lap, but lost it when I got held up a little bit though at the second to last corner (don't know which lap) by an other Belgian. I lost the lead on the straight after that, but managed to build a gap again in the final sector and won by only 0.550 seconds, not 4-5 :)

Race 2: Nothing to add, really. Lots of overtaking this race, we where much closer.
Manuel passed the Cali on the straight, I didn't. On the exit of turn 3 he was sliding sideways and I hit him, so I let him in front again at turn 5, but he was sliding there again, right in front of me, so I lost even more time. That was all on lap 5, so it was all over.

Race 3: Quite an easy win actually. Didn't really see the mistakes Manuelos made, but I had a big gap very quickly and just drove it home, maintaining the gap and making sure I didn't go off. Had to overtake 1 Cali which slowed me down a little, but the went off at turn 3 so I could pass him without a lot of risks.

Had a lot of fun in these races. Always a pleasure to race against you, Manuelos ๐Ÿ‘
Now I'm up against Turbolag. Isn't gonna be easy either. :scared:

Last edited:
Things I remember:

๐Ÿ‘

Before the first race we both did a couple of practice runs and we were in them together (not planned). From those races I knew I was faster in the corners, but slower on the straight (different setup), so I knew I had to build a gap in the final sector to be able to stay in front at the end of the straight.

Race 1:Actually wasn't that easy. I was able to build a gap on the first lap, but lost it when I got held up a little bit though at the second to last corner (don't know which lap) by an other Belgian. I lost the lead on the straight after that, but managed to build a gap again in the final sector and won by only 0.550 seconds, not 4-5 :)

Race 2: Nothing to add, really. Lots of overtaking this race, we where much closer.
Manuel passed the Cali on the straight, I didn't. On the exit of turn 3 he was sliding sideways and I hit him, so I let him in front again at turn 5, but he was sliding there again, right in front of me, so I lost even more time. That was all on lap 5, so it was all over.

Race 3: Quite an easy win actually. Didn't really see the mistakes Manuelos made, but I had a big gap very quickly and just drove it home, maintaining the gap and making sure I didn't go off. Had to overtake 1 Cali which slowed me down a little, but the went off at turn 3 so I could pass him without a lot of risks.

Had a lot of fun in these races. Always a pleasure to race against you, Manuelos ๐Ÿ‘
Now I'm up against Turbolag. Isn't gonna be easy either. :scared:

Thanks guys. ๐Ÿ‘

We have our very first finalist ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

GTP_Wayne v GTP_Theewar

GTP_Wayne wins 2-1

Congratulations to GTP_Wayne ๐Ÿ‘

I'm sure we haven't see the last of Theewar, unlucky mate.

Last edited:
Me and J-pap have had some problems, was going to race yesterday, but something came up for me. if we cant finnish by tommorrow im willing to give the victory to j-pap since its kinda my fault.

GTP_Racer_LP v GTP_Turbolag

GTP_racer_LP wins 2-1

Congratulations to GTP_Racer_LP
๐Ÿ‘

And also a big ๐Ÿ‘ to Turbolag

Cheers guys.

Yep, this time was a pretty good race. Race 1, LP got way ahead and won by ages.

Race 2, I won by taking a defensive line throughout the entire course.

Race 3, LP was leading by ages and I was punted off on the straights.

Good win there, wish him best of luck through the next rounds.

Back