GTP_Event 01 (Discussion Thread)

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 191 comments
Just an update to mr_volcano's post. We were unable to organise a second race time(exam the next day). I hope i get another chance to race mr_volcano in another event as I was looking forward to the race.

I have contacted Linpark to organise the next race.

Last edited:
Ok, all set for a showdown on Saturday at 11:45 PM EST with J-PaP.

Just out of curiosity, how is the Grand Finale going to work given that there are 3 racers in there? Is it going to be a 1-on-1-on-1 race (a Triple Threat Match I think they call it)? :)

Just out of curiosity, how is the Grand Finale going to work given that there are 3 racers in there? Is it going to be a 1-on-1-on-1 race (a Triple Threat Match I think they call it)? :)

All three finalists will compete in 3 races together. In the unlikely event that there is a tie at that point, there will be a final fourth race for all the cookies.

Last edited:
Good luck to both of you 👍

Meet you for the Final round :sly:

Vaxen, why not do, lets say 5 races (1st = 3pts, 2nd = 2 pts, 3rd 1 pt) Might be more fun... this is a Final :sly:

Good luck to both of you 👍

Meet you for the Final round :sly:

Vaxen, why not do, lets say 5 races (1st = 3pts, 2nd = 2 pts, 3rd 1 pt) Might be more fun... this is a Final :sly:

I'd be happy to support a 5 race replay, with the points system you proposed (sort of a preview of "medalist" F1 in 2009? ;) ), so long as all participants agree. Also, if there's a tie after 5, we'd have one final race among those that tied to settle it.

Good luck to LinPark and J-PaP! :)

About the 5 races for the final: I like it 👍

Sounds good to me 👍

Let's wait for the last finalist point of view. :sly:

If there's a tie after 5 races, let's have another race for those 2 warriors :dopey:

Another result is in. LinPark vs JPap.

J-Pap wins, 2-0.

Congrats to J-PaP, and welcome to the final round. 👍

A couple of hard fought battles, both races were close at the line, with only one other racer in each.

Congrats indeed!!! A well deserved advance to the finals for J-Pap. Can't wait to see who takes the win on this first GTP Registry event.

linpark surely kept me on my toes. was some great racing and thankfully no issues with any other cars (had the second race been 6 laps though we may have hit strife).

Can't wait now for the final race. What position does each driver start?

linpark surely kept me on my toes. was some great racing and thankfully no issues with any other cars (had the second race been 6 laps though we may have hit strife).

Can't wait now for the final race. What position does each driver start?

First of all, congrats on making it to the final round 👍

I just had a look at the stage 1 results and these are our times (all 3 of us qualified in spec II):

5:41.766 - GTP_Racer_LP

5:42.188 - GTP_J-PaP

5:42.285 - GTP_Wayne

So if the rules for making the grid stay the same, this will be the grid.

EDK
Another result is in. LinPark vs JPap.

J-Pap wins, 2-0.

Congrats to J-PaP, and welcome to the final round. 👍

A couple of hard fought battles, both races were close at the line, with only one other racer in each.

Congrats, J-PaP. 👍 and commiserations to LinPark who should hold his head high for getting this far in the competition. Well done guys. 👍👍

So, we now have our grand finalists 👍👍👍

Grand Finalists:

• GTP_Wayne
  • GTP_Racer_LP
  • GTP_J-PaP

If you would like to contact each other to arrange for the big day, and then just let a OLR Race Admin aware of the date and time as usual. 👍

I just had a look at the stage 1 results and these are our times (all 3 of us qualified in spec II):

5:41.766 - GTP_Racer_LP

5:42.188 - GTP_J-PaP

5:42.285 - GTP_Wayne

So if the rules for making the grid stay the same, this will be the grid.

The rules stay the same. 👍

Good luck all. 👍👍

I'd like to attend this event. Will you guys be posting the date and time of the grand finale and did you decide on a 3 race or 5 race format?

Good luck to all - Cheers!

Congratulations guys and i hope we can finish this event soon so Sphinx can line up something else for us.

Congratulations guys and i hope we can finish this event soon so Sphinx can line up something else for us.

Just a suggestion, why dont you come along and participate in Weekly Race Series. It's up to you though if you want to compete in it. 👍

Not yet, this will come soon ;)

Better be quick with an online update coming this Friday. If the finals can't be held at Fuji in the F40, then I think we should reset the whole Stage 2 and start over. After Sphinx's chest pains wear off after reading that, I'll expect quite a comeback. Cheers! :)

Why would we start over with 1 race left? Worst case scenario I think we will just have to pick a new car/track and finish off the final race. Then can move onto gtp event #2

I don't know what the new races are but i know that the update has already occured. None of us were able to race till this weekend anyway due to the time difference.

I know,just having fun.If you all have the PAL version,Daytona road would make great race.

The final might be raced @ Daytona road & we are actually picking up a new car as the F40 doesn't feel very well with S2's except for iceskating :sly:

Race should happen this sunday we will let Sphinx know soon ;)

Given that this entire competition started with the AM Corvette at Daytona Road, I would find it only fitting that it would end the same way. I took the AM Vette out on S2's for a few free run laps last night and it actually wasn't too bad - I hope you will at least consider that as an option.

GTP Event 01 is now officially over.

The final race was between Racer_LP, WayneGTC and myself.

We ran 5 races, positions 1-3 were awarded points 3-1. One with most points won.

Track was daytona road 650pp. We all used the Amuse S2000.

To sum up the results here is the points round up

WayneGTC - 3 2 3 3 2 = 13 total and deserving winner!
Racer_LP - 1 3 2 1 3 = 10
J-PaP - 2 1 1 2 1 = 7

A congratulations to WayneGTC for winning the event. He did great. Racer_LP also did great to nab second. Most of the races were WayneGTC and Racer_LP challenging each other.

Last edited:
Congrats to the finalists and of course to WayneGTC for winning the event:tup:

Last edited:
Congrats to all three finalist 👍

Cheers to Wayne :cheers:

Well done to the overall winner Wayne:tup:.Great job man,after my races with you i was hurting for a while:ouch:,but in the end i lost to the best.Looking forward to the next event and maybe going up against you guys again:)

Back