The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
YAY paying even more for what should have been on the disc..............That's even worse.

Can't provide something that isn't ready to be released at launch date.

If you can't afford it then don't buy it. Quality costs and the best quality items of this genre are provided via DLC, both on consoles (Forza4) and on PC sims (iRacing). It's just how things work nowadays and will continue to do so on console gaming.

edit: Just to make my point clear, what people want is more tracks. Tracks take time to create. If they really want tracks then they should pay for them when they are done, which is a good deal for both parties. More content is always better for people that care about content, no matter if they have to pay for it or not.

It'd naive to think a 'perfect' game can be released, specially on this genre in which more content is constantly getting released and games itself are being perfected (physics, etc.). That means games have to be updated constantly, whether by releasing lots of them in a short period of time (Forza) or charging via DLC (Forza, now GT6). The GT4 approach of having everything since day1 doesn't work since about 8 years and never has in life really (deadlines exist for a reason and no work is perfect).

edit2: make it three new tracks, one of them silverstone. Completely forgot about SSR X.

Last edited:
You are wrong too because theres 200 more cars which is at least 150 more than most racing games these days

Sony said 1200 cars. Sony said every car from GT5 is returning. You can't have both of those things and then have 200 more cars than GT5 when GT5 had 1141 cars.

Really? where did it say this?

All of their announcements have been in relation to GT5 as it originally released rather than GT5 with DLC. GT6 will have 71 track layouts, with 19 "new" ones. GT5 currently has 60 track layouts, but if you remove the 4 DLC tracks (Route X, Spa, Kart Space and Motegi) that drops to 52.

Where does everyone get the "1141" cars from? On mygranturismo.net there are only 1109 and I believe that's all I've ever seen. And this is also counting the duplicates Standard/Premium cars that showed up in OCD and cars from GT Academy and some other cars from promotions like Edge Camaro and Stealth Cars.

I'm fine with standards to be honest, as long as they change the dealerships to how they were in previous GT's. More used cars at once to choose from, not only standards, but mixed with premiums. However they could drop the duplicates for me, I don't need thousands of versions of basically same cars, like S2000s, Miatas, Skylines etc.

I would agree with you if we didn't know what they will actually do: take away stuff from the finished game to make more money from DLC.

Well that's obviously going to happen with lets say the first three tracks, but can't with the rest due to time constraints. Actually even those three aren't going to be taken away entirely, because they are perfected/finished in the mean time.

All of their announcements have been in relation to GT5 as it originally released rather than GT5 with DLC. GT6 will have 71 track layouts, with 19 "new" ones. GT5 currently has 60 track layouts, but if you remove the 4 DLC tracks (Route X, Spa, Kart Space and Motegi) that drops to 52.
Ahh.Okay well that makes sense.Since some people didnt actually but the DLC it will technically be new to them, same for the cars im assuming.Never the less 4 new tracks :grumpy:. Hopefully they pump out dlc asap or add more from now to release.

Where does everyone get the "1141" cars from? On mygranturismo.net there are only 1109 and I believe that's all I've ever seen. And this is also counting the duplicates Standard/Premium cars that showed up in OCD and cars from GT Academy and some other cars from promotions like Edge Camaro and Stealth Cars.

Because the 1141 figure counts all of the Standard/Premium duplicates and the MyGranTurismo number counts the ones that PD has put in the OCD so far.

I think there's 40 car modelers and it takes 6 months per person per car OR 2 cars per modeler per year.

So 40 modelers can make 80 cars in a year.

2.5 years = 80 + 80 + 40 which is 200.

It seems spot on.

NEVER confuse our master car list with whatever car list PD uses.

YAY paying even more for what should have been on the disc..............That's even worse.

comments about what is or isn't DLC/included in the game is hilarious. You want the game delayed for another year while they finish the tracks and cars that would be DLC? That's most likely what would be the case if you got all included. All the game content isn't finished at the date of press anymore. Since DLC is possible they can give you stuff that wasn't on the schedule for release.

At this point you can't say you will be paying for content that should be on the disc because there is no official list of what is going in the game and official pressed GT6 disc in your hand with missing content from that list.

I think there's 40 car modelers and it takes 6 months per person per car OR 2 cars per modeler per year.

So 40 modelers can make 80 cars in a year.

2.5 years = 80 + 80 + 40 which is 200.

It seems spot on.

NEVER confuse our master car list with whatever car list PD uses.

You'd think it would be ripe for outsourcing but they just do it all in house?

You'd think it would be ripe for outsourcing but they just do it all in house?

All in house. It's a shame because I thought they would have expanded or added more modelers. It seems they've retained the 40-45 they've had since GT5.

Turn10 outsources to Dhruva Interactive. PD are too loyal and proud to do that in my opinion.

Our master car list is identical to the one PD has on their website, with only the Stealth/Chromelines and later car packs being added.

Except for the 77 cars gap ;).

Last edited:
All in house. It's a shame because I thought they would have expanded or added more modelers. It seems they've retained the 40-45 they've had since GT5.

Turn10 outsources to Dhruva Interactive. PD are too loyal and proud to do that in my opinion.

Its a good thing as their cockpits are not ruined in the process.

7 new tracks and 200 new cars seems to upset people but I think Sony is trying to make GT6 even more of a cash cow with new tracks, cars and course creator themes released every month for god knows how long. Also there is talk about future proofing and a possible PS4 version so its seems they are going for the iracing model of updating the engine every 3-4 years and giving a constant stream of new content each month.

This is exactly what I fear when I hear DLC track every month.
No, still must be really worth it to be a cash grab. Livery Editor + Custom Offline Events + Much Better AI + more GT3 cars + The stuff mentioned today = happy to spend 150 bucks on it.

They're going to make money doing the exact thing we spent three years hearing how awesome PD apparently were for not doing with GT5 compared to other developers.

It was going to happen sooner or latter. Everyone does it.

Plus it doesn't matter that much now that there's the potential of having infinite tracks, with the gps-thing and a solid track creator.

Why because he's right? Open your eyes! We should have had all this crap when GT5 came out. Every point Earth is making makes every bit of sense. The fake, flashy GT trailers(2012 NSX ring a bell anyone?), 1 new track from GT5 and then they're going to make us pay for the rest in which they already have rendered. Pushing the PS3 engine which is already really old tech. Oh, new cars? I'm pretty sure Forza put more new cars in DLC in 8 months than PD did in what, 4 years? Don't forget about the cars still from PS2. This is honestly crap and people are still buying it.

True. :indiff:

Nothing really new in the trailer, didn't excite me at all. Could have had some cars showing new aero parts or a car customized in such a way that you knew there was a livery editor. Maybe some type of hint hinting day/night cycle and weather effects for most/all tracks

Same here. I expected the trailer to blow me away, I want the game to be great. But what they've shown could be straight from GT5 with a new track and car DLC. The graphical improvements aren't that great over GT5 either, could be easily added by video editing actually.

I also don't see what GT5's shortcomings has got to do with GT6.

GT5 was a terrible game in many areas, and the good areas only made up to a certain extent for that. And now it seems they carry over most of GT5's flaws into the next game:

We don't know anything about AI in GT6. Pure speculation.

Yeah, I'm not... entirely sure why the initial game announcement has to have all of the details of the game when the main expo in the industry is only a month away.

Exactly that is the thing, AI, sounds, all of GT5's obvious weaknesses are completely ignored by PD. Now you could say they are awesome and will make up for the lack of info on E3 (where are you Toko?) and I do hope so but to be honest and realistic, I rather expect they've been quiet about all these aspects (ALL of them) today because they aren't able or didn't bother to improve them much.

Of course, if people trust in your company and its products, you can go with this strategy. Unfortunately with GT5 many people lost their trust in PD as being a great and reliable developer, me personally included, and most people who trust in their abilities blame the technical limitations of the PS3.

And now guess what an announcement of the next GT game on PS3 will make people assume if info about the lacking areas isn't given? Especially if the information that is actually given (like car count and track list) isn't impressive at all?

GT6, unfortunately it will still have the so hated standard cars, because as it says "All of the cars and tracks from Gran Turismo®5, which has sold over 10 million copies since launching in 2010, will be retained in GT6" All the cars from GT5 will be included in the game, this means standards and badly sounding cars. GT6 is as someone described it a GT5.5, a version 3.0 if you will. Basicly they fixed all the bugs they could, made handling feel better, graphical bugs gone, but keep everything that made GT5 bad still in game. Not sure about a new damage algorithym tho.

It's ridiculous enough that the game is going to contain hundreds of assets from an almost 9 year old PS2 game at the exact same time that the PS4 is being released.

This is what people will assume, and I agree with it mostly. Of course it's all assumed but it's based on what facts were given - or rather which were left out. The initial presentation of GT6 could and should have impress us by proofing they did better in the flawed areas of GT5 this time, because no matter how arrogant PD are, they have to proof themselves after such a title.

I really am wondering why some of you are here if you just hate GT all the time and never have anything good to say about the game. It makes no sense to me.

Speaking for myself, I am here because I love the core philosophy of Gran Turismo, a classy simulation of the driving experience. Unfortunately PD fails to deliver the game I want more and more and if there are reasonable things to complain about, why shouldn't I express what I think?

Now, the biggest problem on everyone's minds ... the standards...
Yes, they're kind of eyesores (exaggerating) but you're free to not use them, maybe at most .. get to see some thumbnails .. but that's it.

So if I can't have a decent - to my judgement - playing experience with about 80% of the cars (GT5) and than the developer is quite obviously going the same direction, 3 years later, with their next game, you tell me to get along with it? I don't see how you don't see why people complain about that.

Last edited:
They're going to make money doing the exact thing we spent three years hearing how awesome PD apparently were for not doing with GT5 compared to other developers.

Month 1 dlc is bs. Ho long does it take to make a track, I highly doubt PD take a month to make a track however at least it aint day one dlc.

Back