Which Gran Turismo music did you think was the best?

• Thread starter mazdaman
  • 37 comments

Wich had the best music?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of the three that I've put a lot of time in, I'd probably have to say 4. 2 is probably my favorite, but it is just too dated these days, so it kind of falls apart, as it were (though the menu music is fantastic). And 3 was just kinda... meh. It had some good songs, but it had a very small selection.

Last edited:
I'd say Gran Turismo 2, especially the music named 'From The East'. Honestly I like the Gran Turismo 4 version of the music, but I still prefer for Gran Turismo 2. It has many, many nice music than Gran Turismo 4.

Once again....:rolleyes:

The word "best" is always subjective. How can anybody's choice in music be called "best?" Favorite is a better word.

I'd say my favorite is Gran Turismo the 1st. :D The beginning is so awesome, the way it builds. I literally had a dream about it last nite. It's weird this poll is here, matter of fact. Not only is the beginning awesome, but the MENU MUSIC rocks. Literally....it's some garage band rocking out...gets me PUMPED as I'm shopping for parts!!!! :P:P:):):):D:lol:cheeers::dopey: It's some of my favorite music in a video game EVER.

Gran Turismo 2? Cranberries intro is depressing. Losing my Favorite Game. Oy vey. 🤦 It's not a terrible song, but it doesn't lift my spirits & get my psyched to race the way the GT1 intro does. It does, however match the video quite well. The menu music is that cheezy jazz stuff. :yuck: Not my cup of tea. I think you can turn it off if I remember correct. I always turned it off.

Gran Turismo 3? Again, the music matches the mood of the intro vid perfectly, but Lenny Kravitz??? Oy. It wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't have to listen to the song thousands of times at work. 👎

GT4 is my least favorite. I love the beginning...the Moon over Castle bit. :dopey: Then Van Halen kicks in. :grumpy::ouch::indiff::yuck::ill: It just ruins the entire mood for me. I think I've watched GT4's intro exactly twice, wheras I can't even count how many times I've watched GT1's. :indiff: Don't get me wrong, I love Van Halen, but (again) this is a song I've heard a million times....Panama. Following MOon over Castle (deep, profound) with Van Halen (ball-in-face rock) is way cheezy in a bad way... I really think PD just wanted to impress the kids or something with the contrast from opera to hair-band metal. :yuck: GT4 menu music is also way schmaltzy. Reminds me of being at my Grandma's house or something. :lol: 👎

You forgot to put GT5: Prologue up, mazdaman. I like the menu music somewhere in between GT1 and GT2. It rocks. It's a band I've never heard of a milllion times on the radio. Gets me pumped to race! :dopey:

Last edited:
Racing music: GT1. Cubanate is great to listen to in high competition races, Ash did a good song and Garbage also did a song that's great to listen to racing around Route 11. It's just brilliant how the music fits together with the action.

Menu music: GT2. That jazz music is just brilliant. From the East is easily the best jazz track of the game. The theme that plays in South City, overall is my favorite even though it sounds like a rock song with jazz instruments rather than just a jazz song.

Intro music: GT4. Ahh... Van Halen to the sound of screaming race cars. Oooh yeah. Although, the transition from Moon Over The Castle to Panama seems like too steep of a change. I would've either had the entire intro be Moon Over The Castle or to do a long remix of Panama. I probably wouldn't do both.

Since I've turned off the race music, I can only comment on the menu music, which I think is fantastic. 👍 The garage music is very pleasant, and so are the tunes that play when you've entered a race and are looking at the lineup, especially when you let them play for a while. And even the ones that aren't outstanding aren't annoying, so I'm never impelled to hurry up and exit or enter a race or dive back into Home. :lol:

Gran Turismo 2? Cranberries intro is depressing. Losing my Favorite Game. Oy vey. :facepalm: It's not a terrible song, but it doesn't lift my spirits & get my psyched to race the way the GT1 intro does. It does, however match the video quite well. The menu music is that cheezy jazz stuff. :yuck: Not my cup of tea. I think you can turn it off if I remember correct. I always turned it off.

You forgot to put GT5: Prologue up, mazdaman. I like the menu music somewhere in between GT1 and GT2. It rocks. It's a band I've never heard of a milllion times on the radio. Gets me pumped to race! :dopey:
The intro in GT2 i loved it also the reason i didn't put GT5 is because i don't have ps3 yet but after the holidays i will buy one.Also with GT2 since i love gt2 i loved the music it was nice and smooth tuning cars to that music.I was just playing it last night i wanna know where can i find those songs.With GT4 i love the opera scene but the racing kinda messed it up they should've used a better song.

GT4. I liked the cool jazz like James Brown. "'Cause I'm Super Bad, Baad, Baad!" OOOOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need more of that music. For GT5, definitely. Especially James Brown.

Still, that would be quite a change of pace. Listening to smooth jazz music while racing instead of the usual high-tempo type stuff.

GT2 for the menu music, GT4 for the race music.

Though the GT2 version of Moon Over the Castle was out of this world, i can't judge an entire soundtrack from one song.

The word "best" is always subjective. How can anybody's choice in music be called "best?" Favorite is a better word.

I'd say my favorite is Gran Turismo the 1st. :D The beginning is so awesome, the way it builds. I literally had a dream about it last nite. It's weird this poll is here, matter of fact. Not only is the beginning awesome, but the MENU MUSIC rocks. Literally....it's some garage band rocking out...gets me PUMPED as I'm shopping for parts!!!! :P:P:):):):D:lol:cheeers::dopey: It's some of my favorite music in a video game EVER.

Gran Turismo 2? Cranberries intro is depressing. Losing my Favorite Game. Oy vey. :facepalm: It's not a terrible song, but it doesn't lift my spirits & get my psyched to race the way the GT1 intro does. It does, however match the video quite well. The menu music is that cheezy jazz stuff. :yuck: Not my cup of tea. I think you can turn it off if I remember correct. I always turned it off.

Gran Turismo 3? Again, the music matches the mood of the intro vid perfectly, but Lenny Kravitz??? Oy. It wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't have to listen to the song thousands of times at work. 👎

GT4 is my least favorite. I love the beginning...teh Moon over Castle bit. :dopey: Then Van Halen kicks in. :grumpy::ouch::indiff::yuck::ill: It just ruins the entire mood for me. I think I've watched GT4's intro exactly twice, wheras I can't even count how many times I've watched GT1's. :indiff: Don't get me wrong, I love Van Halen, but (again) this is a song I've heard a million times....Panama. Following MOon over Castle (deep, profound) with Van Halen (ball-in-face rock) is way cheezy in a bad way... I really think PD just wanted to impress the kids or something with the contrast from opera to hair-band metal. :yuck: GT4 menu music is also way schmaltzy. Reminds me of being at my Grandma's house or something. :lol: 👎

I feel sorry for anyone in the US, i've heard each of the US intros and just about all of them are terrible Especially GT3. The PAL region intro music isn't that bad, but its not quite as good as MotC.

Although... You don't have to hear the intro if you don't want to.

Last edited:
GT2. Why?

I kid you not, this game and NFS III: HP, the menu music is permanently embedded in my brain. Whenever I write a song, there is ALWAYS a beat from either one of these games. I'm not even trying, it just comes out. in fact, when someone asks me to do a little beat, I churn out East City.

I voted for GT4, simply because of the variety.
Menu music? GT2 was best.
(Plus, the game had Stone Temple Pilots
Minus, questionable remix of Dragula.)

I would love GT5 to have smooth jazz, Slayer, early 90's and before Metallica, and the ability to import your own music into the game.

I think the general consensus is GT2's menu music absolutely PWNS!

Maybe PAL's menu music is different from NTSC's. Gotta be man! Is it that new jazz stuff? :) It's busy....I'll say that. IT's very busy music on NTSC, which is at least better than GT4's NTSC menu music, which is schmaltzier, slower cheese-jazz! :yuck: GT4's menu music makes me feel like I'm in a waiting room at the dentist. Match the music with GT4's incredibly slow loading times. :nervous::ouch::mad:

Last edited:
I've never played gt2, but on the whole I haven't been happy with gran turismo music. It's just random songs on loan from the sony crap collection--outside of maybe some random piano jazz, has any music ever even been composed just for the game?

With gt5, I'm hoping they give the option of using my own soundtrack. If I'm going to listen to pop crap, better it be tracks of my choosing.

Gran Turismo 2, I even bought the soundtrack on CD.

41HBB9MV1QL._SS500_.jpg

GT1 and GT2 menu music was amazing. It still us behined compared to GT5P menu music in my opinion, soooooooo soothing and focused, relaxed and serious. GT5P music isn't great though, there's just one song I utterly love in the soundtrack, while the music of GT4 has like 10 of it's songs on my iPod.

I voted GT4, but my real choice is GT5P :D.

The GT4 menu music helps me to mellow out...

Parnelli - That's The Cardigans, not the Cranberries. The Cranberries suck, The Cardigans do lounge covers of Black Sabbath tunes! I started not liking them when they came out with the album "My Favourite Game" is off of, but their 2 records before that are great. However, even their songs from those 2 records that might not seem totally out of place in a GT game are still pretty out of place for a GT game. Still, "Daddy's Car" and "Travelling With Charlie" would have made better, if a bit leisurely, soundtrack selections. "Hey! Get Out Of My Way" would have been PERFECT though! Anyway, I'm rambling and probably nobody here has any idea what I'm on about. edit: All that said, I have yet to play any Cardigans tracks while playing GT, and I seriously doubt I ever will. It's all been Tool for a while now. Squarepusher before that.

There's never enough songs, nor is there ever enough songs I actually care enough for to listen to over and over. As such, I always completely disable race music. I love the menu music in GT4, but since I often play my own music I disabled the menu music too. GT needs a way to play MP3s(and oggs and flacs for that matter!) from a LAN or hard drive. As it is, the soundtrack always wears thin really quickly for me when I start a new game.

GT4, I think it has many great songs. 👍

And I voted for it ;)

Last edited:
Back