• 2,170 comments

Wardez

Not Hotdog
Staff Emeritus
United States
Las Vegas UTC-8
Wardez
Wardez

Click on the GATE logo below ( or here: http://puregate.blogspot.com ) to visit the official regulations page​

Premier GT300 racing series
Invitation only, no sign ups taken.​

DOW6N.png

23/6/12
GATE mini-site is up and running!
http://pure.gate19.net/index.php?page=series&sid=4&rid=0

Post all qualifying results there now instead of the spreadsheet.

21/6/12

Twin Ring Motegi confirmed as upcoming DLC, added into the calendar to replace Monza, but in Cape Ring's original date.

Here's our new track order:
Laguna Seca - 42 laps
Daytona Road - 26 laps
Fuji GT (200 km) - 44 laps
Tsukuba - 74 laps [June 23rd]
Cape Ring Full - 21 laps [June 30th]
Twin Ring Motegi (full) - 31 laps [July 7th]
Nurburgring GP/F - 29 laps
Monaco - 45 laps
Spa - 21 laps
Suzuka (250km) - 43 laps
11/6/12
Disregard the information in the last news post.

We're opening up qualifying again for the re-scheduled Fuji GT race this week.

No penalties or changes to qualifying as usual, same deadline time of 1am PDT/8am UTC Saturday.

People who have already qualified can keep their times but if they want to re qualify and get a slower time than their initial one, they will lose their faster time so it's a risk.

9/6/12

A new qualifying deadline for people that missed it last week only has been set for this Tuesday at midnight PDT/7.00 UTC Wednesday.

People that have already qualified may re-qualify, but with a 2% penalty - otherwise, the times will stand.

9/6/12

Round 3 is officially postponed to next Saturday, the 16th.

This is the new schedule:
Times & Dates:
20:00 GMT Saturday
May -
Pre-season race weekend: 19th & 20th
Round 1: 26th
June -
Round 2: 2nd
Round 3: 16th
Round 4: 23rd
Round 5: 30th
July -
Round 6: 7th
=break for summer=
August -
Round 7: 4th
Round 8: 11th
Round 9: 19th
Round 10: 26th

05/26/12
Round 1 complete! complete results will be available once the support site on gate19 is finished this coming week. Thanks for the great turn out and racing!

05/26/12
Regulations updated, please check here for latest information:
http://puregate.blogspot.com/

05/26/12
Qualifying for the first round is complete, results here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7134629#post7134629

and here

05/21/12
Final specifications announced:
rb1oX.png

05/11/12
Pre-season race track announced:
Grand Valley Speedway (Full, clockwise)

05/04/12
Two week outline announced:
  1. Now - Testing continues from here till the 18th of May. Do your best to post all collected times on the provided spreadsheet or here and we will do it for you.
  2. Friday, 18th of May - We will choose the specifications (if we haven't unofficially agreed on one already) to use for the following day's pre-season race.
  3. Saturday, 19th of May - GATE's kicked off with out first pre-season race, brace for epic: 20:00GMT Grand Valley Speedway

Click on the GATE logo below ( or here: http://puregate.blogspot.com ) to visit the official regulations page​

Premier GT300 racing series
Invitation only, no sign ups taken.

;RayzaBlayz
;RIP_Welsh_Don
;Michouw
;Pag-42
;TheMinion
;Racingworld68
;Joshua1994
;Ealirendur
;Sail IC
;L_Hamilton
;Wiifreak
;twistedfirework
;Josh_F
;paulmac2k9
;OK8
;grayfox32
;OwensRacing
;maxking39
;Paginas1
;cicua
;CSLACR
;iforcev8
;Biffy
;GV27
;Z Crazy
;mcfizzle
;Wardez
;Litchi
;PureGTMuzz
;pLc2563
;will-i-am
;Jash
;ByGGy
;Mania59
;jtv90069
;da6righthand

Reserves:
awr117
Denilson
Andil
hasslemoff
VELOCI_2NR
DragonGT83
MÜLE_9242

Last edited:
Reserved​

Thread's open for open discussion, testing, planning for pre-season, official registrations, and practicing guys, have at.

Last edited:
Litchi
If you correctly read the rules Steve, everybody is Steward in this series ;)

I can't get to the regs on my iPod, because the link is embedded with a picture :(

Oh crap, thanks for bringing that up. I'll post a back up text link in the quoted section right away.

and here too:

http://puregate.blogspot.com

oh and the star means they're unsure of participation atm.

Last edited:
oh and the star means they're unsure of participation atm.
Hm, I guess I never replied to that PM you sent me, even though I thought I did :dunce: Anyways I'm in for this, the time slot works well for me and such so it's all good 👍

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm good. The races are only an hour long, so there's plenty of time to get this in for me.

I'm really itching to get in a 300. Keep me in mind as I may decide to get involved. Gt300 cars are a blast.

Of course man, you're always more than welcome of course, even for just one race 👍

You forgot me Eddie!
I replied your PM.

I didn't bother to post on gate19 cause you replied to Muzz that you still had to add a few more drivers to the list and i thought my name was somewhere in there.

Ah damn you're right haha, I hope I didn't forget anyone else. It's hard when I keep copying and merging different lists together. But yeah, no worries.

Looking forward to this series. GT300 cars makes for great racing.

Some discussion topics, starting with the cars. In my opinion, ideally the different cars should be as evenly matched as possible in terms of top speed, accelaration, and corning. We like to have as many cars to chose from as possible, but they must be evenly matched. GT300 cars w/o upgrades are roughly 325hp, 1100kg, and 35/60 downforce.

Staring with the WSGTC Gt300 S3, I see following cars excluded. Standard RX7 '04, Subaru Imreza '08, and Toyota APEX MR2. I agree with the standard RX7 being excluded as its the same car as the premium '08. Also I agree that the Subaru should be excluded as it a 4x4 drive. But I think the MR2 should be added, and we need to figure out a way to make it competitive (it wasn't in WSGTC S3).

Looking at the new non GT300 cars, on face value I think the BMW will be the easiest to get ot similar performance as the the GT300 cars. The Audi is a 40/65 DF with about 500hp so when detuning it to the GT300 cars it will likely be very different. The Lexus Bandai is easier at it has 35/60 DF, but with its 500hp engine it might also be very different.

Some other cars that I think will be easier to "fit in" are the DTM cars. Most of them have 35/60 DF and less HP than the Bandai/Audi LMS. There are two Audi (A4, TT) that might be good alternatives. The Opel/Vauxall is lighter, but that can easily be regulated. There are also an older Merc c-class DTM car that might fit in nicely.

Just my opinon and some fruit for discussion.

Interesting note about the other DTM cars. definitely worth trying.

Did you get a PM with the testing spreadsheet link btw John?

The only reason I included the three "other" cars was because they're a few of the GT cars lying around in GT5 that are actually in Super GT, save for the M3, which is actually a Z4 in real life.
So that was the thinking behind those. But yes, the R35 TC and R8 LMS are definitely too hot to handle and will likely be excluded. One interesting thing we've found is that the worse off GT500 cars like the Woodone and Eneos actually fit in quite nicely along with the GT300s when just downtuned.

I also agree that it'd be a shame to get rid of the MR-S but after trying to keep it in for three seasons of WSGTC it would just prove again and again to be, just a bad car. The power curves alone seem to make it a nightmare with the MR drivetrain.

So yeah, let's get some numbers in and we can talk further, testing awaits!

But I'm excited to see you here, should be great!

Not wanting to add to the possible confusion (:sly:) but have these cars been considered at all (with appropriate weight, power adjustments of course)..?

Nissan C-West Razo Silvia
Honda S2000 LM Race Car
Toyota Altezza Touring Car
Mazda Atenza Touring Car
Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car
Mercedes E190 Evolution II Touring Car

A couple of them are 4WD but is there a good reason for excluding them, given there are both advatages and disadvantages to the drivetrain...? Traction vs tyre wear as an example. I'm willing to put some time into testing and comparison if required. The more different cars we can get into the performance window the better I think.

Yeah thanks man. It's a good list. Good list, every thing but the Silvia may be possible to include. Have stat's on downforce and power ranges for those cars? I can look them up myself since I have all of them, but I'm busy with something at the moment.

I think you may be onto something with some of the dtm's. The original specs of the GT300 cars was pretty close. With the amount of people involved, we should be able to get a really equal set of specs. I am so looking forward to this season.

Last edited:
Not wanting to add to the possible confusion (:sly:) but have these cars been considered at all (with appropriate weight, power adjustments of course)..?

Nissan C-West Razo Silvia
Honda S2000 LM Race Car
Toyota Altezza Touring Car
Mazda Atenza Touring Car
Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car
Mercedes E190 Evolution II Touring Car

A couple of them are 4WD but is there a good reason for excluding them, given there are both advatages and disadvantages to the drivetrain...? Traction vs tyre wear as an example. I'm willing to put some time into testing and comparison if required. The more different cars we can get into the performance window the better I think.

I tested most of them last season: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6489163#post6489163

It would be great if you could try out the Altezza, FTO and Merc.

I think it is safe to say that you have never driven the Razo Silvia ;)

Yeah, that's a huge problem with the S2000, so that's a big no as well.

The Mazda 6 is horrible now that I remember trying it, so that would be a no as well.

The Altezza, FTO, and the DTM cars would be awesome to test, sound promising.

I don't know about the Merc, great car, but I just don't think it fits in a GT300 series. Sticks out a bit too much in the wrong way. my opinion.

Good discussion. I think its fun testing cars. In the end, I think it would be great if we had lets say 8-10 different cars to chose from, but the most important thing is that they are truly evenly matched.

Before starting to do some tests, what approach will we have for the car regulations.
- Open PP
- Fixed HP/Weight at presumably max DF for each car.

Even if I personally prefer an Open PP regulation the main benefit of a HP/Weight regulation is that from the WSGTC S3 the HP/Weight levels are truly race tested and proven for the GT300 cars.

I believe this was discussed a few weeks ago. I think it was decided that we would go for hp/weight. Maybe wardez will confirm

Confirmed yes.

And on top of that, the specs will conform to GT5 Lobby regulation HP staggering/staging so there's no problems with doing inspections ever. Although this group is very trusty anyhow so it's not a problem anyway.

But yeah, testing different ones is great, see all the stuff Z Crazy and iforce have done in the testing spreadsheet already?

I think it is safe to say that you have never driven the Razo Silvia ;)
Actually, no I haven't... well not since GT4 :dopey: I'll have to try it now to see just how bad it is... :P

OK, scratch the S2000 and Atenza (Mazda 6 TC), I have this so far, as yet untested.

Toyota Altezza TC
542pp
357bhp (stage 2 turbo)
1000kg
20/50 aero

Mitsubishi FTO STC
541pp
356bhp (80% power)
1180kg (+200kg ballast)
35/60 aero

Nissan Falken GTR Race Car
540pp
355bhp (71% power)
1360kg
35/60 aero

Mazda RX-8 Concept LM
543pp
350bhp (66.6% power)
1200kg (+100kg ballast)
35/60 aero

Mercedes E190 Evo II
540pp
395bhp
1110kg (+110kg ballast)
35/60 aero

There's the RX-7 STC too that might be worth a test...? Similar spec to the FTO

I'll give them all a test run later and report results here.

Wow this has really kicked off. Everyone going crazy testing haha, love it. I have a day off work tomorrow so might join in on the fun.

Back